caspex

Others Don't Exist, Now What?

24 posts in this topic

Note: I only remember this experience, I do not experience it right now.

This was a few months ago. An annual event occured called Mahashivratri, a night upsurge of energy.

I heard somewhere that if you do japa of "Om Namah Shivaya" on this night, you gain immense fruits. I was already doing Hanuman's japa so I thought I'd give this a try. It gave me a wild experience.

Context: I was sitting in front of Shiva's Picture, in padmasana, with diya lit up and all the other karmas that you do in Hinduism as are prescribed.

I chanted the mantra for 108 malas. Each mala contains 108 beads. So I chanted it for 11,664 times which took about 4 hours. Here's what I experienced. It was done all sober, although many take marijuanna with this particular pooja.

It started slow but I felt my awareness get sharper. It was like I was seeing, hearing and feeling things in 4k. My previous experience felt like a 144p video compared to this.

Over time, I started feeling like I was detaching from my body, like a flame is to the wick of the candle, I was to my body. Moving around, almost escaping, but nonetheless attached and dependent.

This was when I decided to direct my awareness on my self and the world around. It hit me suddenly I was fake and so was the world. But at the same time, this as real as it could get.

I could see, I saw that Shiva was the entire universe, time and space. The world was created out of Shiva, and the forms took shape out of dynamic energy, or Shakti. But they were both the same.

Shiva weaving entire realities into this present moment. My body didn't even feel my own and it was as if I existed as air.

It dawned on me that there was nothing beyond the present moment and what I experienced, and that there was no witness. The entire thing is just Shiva, and he's meditating.

I did not care of my life story, my past, or my future, it was all as if I just imagined those stories. Therefore could be disregarded and forgotten. Only thing mattered was Shiva.

Now, suffice to say, it was pretty mind blowing, but this not where it stops.

I directed my attention at the idea of others, and sure enough, they were illusions too. In fact, Shiva was the one creating them, just like he was creating me. Others do not exist, just like the self. But I do not experience that anymore. I post here because I remember someone talking about this.

I could actually see how Shiva constructs reality and how he is doing it every moment.

There's no consistency between the past and the present. We think it does, but the logic we use to define that consistency has no ground. Logic is in fact, completely illogical and indistinguishable from it. I am as stupid as reality can get.

Shiva is absolute null but it's not like there's anything other than Shiva in this world. All comparisons fail, you cannot compare something which is every thing.

Question is, Others don't exist. Makes everything feels absurd. It makes my heart feel empty and groundless. At the time I remember feeling complete and still. But now, I just feel disoriented by that idea. What should I do?

@caspex breathe and drop to the heart space. You just said it: disoriented by the Idea. Ideas are ideas. You are not the Idea. Forget about experiences ,others and shivas. Open up to a new way of being.

It's very weird and ironic that you can dispel the belief of others and not dispel the belief of shiva and japa .

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

Wow Amazing

For your question though just do this

When you feel is better to see others as others then see them as others

And when you feel it's better to see no other then see no other

Edited by Atb210201

Rationality is Stupidity, Love is Rationality

It remind of my shroom trip if it was anything like what I saw reality gets really sharp then the background and the foreground merge together to form one solid image and then you see you are not looking at what you think you are looking at its actually a 2dimensional board game. It sounds like you were on the cusp of a trance full on trance is reality turns into something else but you are still there with no body and no mind doing something.

Next step is to focus on your direct awareness all day and figure out what is making you stuck I think, clearly im still in the dream so what do I know.

Edited by Hojo

From a relative point of view, the others exist. That's mean that from the structured mind, where you are now, they exist. From an absolute pow they don't, but there is not lonely, because lonely implies the lack of something, and the absolute can't lack anything, because it's absolute, then all your line of though is wrong, just because any thought is relative, and from a relative pow, the other exist 

I really appreciate your replies but truthfully, I do not understand. If there's a simpler way.

Good! Now go dance with others.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@caspex If the mind grasps other people through its subjective versions it build on the top of any one of them, so of course if some substance temporarily changes its electrical circuits functions, all of that will be melt away, and it will then really feel like they aren't exist, because their existance for you is always shortcuted to stories and images in your mind, as this is the only way you grasp them. What that melts is your subjective feeling of them, but they themselves, outside of your biases, are still here. The problem is that you cannot feel they are here without those stories.

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

Very interesting story. Thanks for sharing! 

I'm no spiritual master but I've dealt with this dilemma a few times. My strategy was to ignore it and never go back until I'm ready. 

Thinkin' back, I think this dilemma was the main reason I backed away from enlightenment. I wasn't prepared to deal with the fallout from stepping into it. 

I think the first question to answer is, is this something you want to embody or not? It obviously has many implications for not only your life, but the lives of those imaginary figments involved. 😂

It would be awkward, indeed, to be in relationship with your fellow humans, family, and friends, seeing them as non-existent figments of Shiva's imagination. People will not like that you've reduced them to nothing, so there will be fallout from that. 

If you want to embody it, here's a spur-of-the-moment contemplation I would use to comfort myself if I had to deal with this right now. I'm not sure if it will be useful, but it's the best I've got:

• They're not real
  • I am also not real
  • What is real? 
  • The whole thing is real
  • I do love the thing, and they are part of the thing. They make up the thing
  • The same as the whole thing is not just nothing, they too are not just nothing
  • They are just as beautiful as the thing
  • They are the thing

This might make you gaze at them with a loving smile, which will make them feel weirded out. If they ask what is wrong with you, do not answer "you are not real" 😂

Let us know how it goes! 

Edited by Joshe

9 hours ago, Joshe said:

It would be awkward, indeed, to be in relationship with your fellow humans, family, and friends, seeing them as non-existent figments of Shiva's imagination. People will not like that you've reduced them to nothing, so there will be fallout from that. 

If there truly isn't anyone or no other or a figment of one's imagination, or I should say if one truly knows this, then why is this a concern - that people will not like and there will be a fall out. I don't get it.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

@Princess Arabia I have bad news, apparently you don't exist.

"Ooh noo". Not that it matters since there's no you to react.

I guess the world doesn't exist either, nor this massage.

Nor me, nor anything, nor caring, so I guess it cancells out. 

But wait, nothing doesn't exist either then, and we're back!

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

@caspex focus in why it's important if the others are real of not. Where is the difference, who makes the difference, what is the difference. Is there any difference? Before thinking that the others aren't real, you though they were real. What changed? Just your thought about it. What exactly are your thoughts about it? Are them the reality? Or are just thoughts? Means something? Or only Shiva means something? If is Shiva that means something, forget your thoughts and realize Shiva again. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

6 hours ago, Keryo Koffa said:

@Princess Arabia I have bad news, apparently you don't exist.

"Ooh noo". Not that it matters since there's no you to react.

I guess the world doesn't exist either, nor this massage.

Nor me, nor anything, nor caring, so I guess it cancells out. 

But wait, nothing doesn't exist either then, and we're back!

😂😂😂 You are hilarious. 

9 hours ago, Princess Arabia said:

If there truly isn't anyone or no other or a figment of one's imagination, or I should say if one truly knows this, then why is this a concern - that people will not like and there will be a fall out. I don't get it.

Logically, I agree with you. Experientially, I have to interact with people. If they found out I think they're not real, I would have a problem. I could ignore the problem and continue on in my enlightenment, but the figments will not forget.

I am responsible for how I interact with them. it would negatively impact them if they found out. My family is too afraid to talk to me about not believing in Christ because they can't bare the thought of me burning in hell for all eternity. How do you think they'd react if I told them not only is hell not real, they are not real? 😂 Not good! I can't let them know this. I don't think it's wise. I might be wrong. This is just the best way I know to handle my situation. If someone doesn't have many figments who will be significantly impacted, then it might not be a concern. 

Edited by Joshe

11 minutes ago, Joshe said:

😂😂😂 You are hilarious. 

Logically, I agree with you. Experientially, I have to interact with people. If they found out I think they're not real, I would have a problem. I could ignore the problem and continue on in my enlightenment, but the figments will not forget.

I am responsible for how I interact with them. it would negatively impact them if they found out. My family is too afraid to talk to me about not believing in Christ because they can't bare the thought of me burning in hell for all eternity. How do you think they'd react if I told them not only is hell not real, they are not real? 😂 Not good! I can't let them know this. I don't think it's wise. I might be wrong. This is just the best way I know to handle my situation. If someone doesn't have many figments who will be significantly impacted, then it might not be a concern. 

No, I understand this. It's just that someone who has truly awakened to this and truly knows this, certain concerns just naturally fall away and certain concerns just stop arising because they stop being issues in one's awareness. So, I do understand what you're saying: and I know I say a lot that there's no one or no others or life's illusory, but I don't wake up everyday saying these things especially to the people around me. That said, i know i don't face some of the same issues i used to face or some fears have naturally fallen away since i've become more Spiritually Intelligent and more cognizant of how reality actually is. 

Certain things just naturally fall away when things have been embodied and one is operating on a certain frequency.

Know thyself....

25 minutes ago, Joshe said:

😂😂😂 You are hilarious. 

Thanks. But why are you is no one concerned about the non-existent opinions of non-existent non-figments of non-imagination's non-concerns, since they do not exist and so there is nothing to not be concerned with the non-opinions of non-imagined non-beings?

Or do you actually believe they're real in a matrix from which you want to jailbreak-imagine yourself out of through the innate reality manifesting power of placebo brute-force psychic manifestation to shift reality from the inside out?

Let me tell you one thing, as long as you believe there's someone to be concerned over their non-existence with, you are not properly disbelieving their existence, if that's what you're after. It's less brain-boggling to reframe it as wanting to transform your life away from human concerns and make peace with leaving them behind.

On another note:

Edited by Keryo Koffa

Just now, Joshe said:

@Keryo Koffa 😂😂😂 you are fuckin lunatic! 

b8ebe6b3d7cb087232aee55bcd1d8253.jpgAlso, do not listen to this @Keryo Koffa fella.

Neither should you trust @Princess Arabia.

And under no circumstances trust @Joshe.

For through their lenses, reality manifests.

They're leading you astray from the Non-Truth.

What you have to real-eyes is the unspeakable.

The ultimate holographic non-dual non-truth. 😁

28 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

No, I understand this. It's just that someone who has truly awakened to this and truly knows this, certain concerns just naturally fall away and certain concerns just stop arising because they stop being issues in one's awareness. So, I do understand what you're saying: and I know I say a lot that there's no one or no others or life's illusory, but I don't wake up everyday saying these things especially to the people around me. That said, i know i don't face some of the same issues i used to face or some fears have naturally fallen away since i've become more Spiritually Intelligent and more cognizant of how reality actually is. 

Certain things just naturally fall away when things have been embodied and one is operating on a certain frequency.

I understand! But I think OP caught a glimpse of this "True knowing" and is wondering how to integrate it or if they even should. They experienced it once and have reflected on the implications of its integration and accurately intuited significant fallout from it.

Also, I possibly suppressed this. It's been in the back of my mind for years now and I don't let it come up. If you think about, this suppression serves as an acclimation process. Maybe you suppressed it to some degree as well and if so, that might be what allowed you to ease into or embody it to the degree you have? I think that's what I did so it could be going on with others 🤷‍♂️. 

Edited by Joshe

1 hour ago, Keryo Koffa said:

Let me tell you one thing, as long as you believe there's someone to be concerned over their non-existence with, you are not properly disbelieving their existence

So true. The issue with that is that there's no one being concerned with another's existence. It's existence being concerned with it's own existence. The Absolute telling itself there are no others. Can't escape the madness of the Absolute. It's also what's not properly disbelieving the existence of others. It's everything.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....