Will1125

Life is a dream, what is ultimate purpose ?

36 posts in this topic

Once you've realised life is a dream, what is the ultimate purpose ?

Having inner peace? 

Edited by Will1125

Break out of the dream you have created and tricked yourself into thinking was real. Peace allows that.

This man tells you secrets of the mayans at 14:00 mins. He tells you what we are supposed to be doing. Very informative.

Edited by Hojo

35 minutes ago, Hojo said:

Break out of the dream you have created and tricked yourself into thinking was real. Peace allows that.

This man tells you secrets of the mayans at 14:00 mins. He tells you what we are supposed to be doing. Very informative.

Interesting.

Know thyself....

Make the dream a better place out of love maybe why not?

Rationality is Stupidity, Love is Rationality

3 hours ago, Will1125 said:

Once you've realised life is a dream, what is the ultimate purpose ?

Having inner peace? 

Whatever you make of it.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Whatever you make of it.

For sure, but when you detach from illusion you reach some kind of peace and understanding of the world that bring an inner peace that leads to a better life indeed.

But yes basically it can give you freedom, but if you truely understand the dream, it goes in your favor instead of an obstacle.

In short, it elevates you spiritually.

Edited by Will1125

37 minutes ago, Will1125 said:

For sure, but when you detach from illusion you reach some kind of peace and understanding of the world that bring an inner peace that leads to a better life indeed.

But yes basically it can give you freedom, but if you truely understand the dream, it goes in your favor instead of an obstacle.

Absolute vs relative...Awakening is liberation from suffering because you understand what death is.  But that doesn't help you make sense of your mortality or the meaning of life.  Ultimately you realize it is completely relative.  But yes, it's comforting to know that although your ego will pass away, the substance of the ego will persist eternally  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Love of dreaming.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Love of dreaming.

God is curious.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Oh my ..life is not a dream literally..

Life is just life .just like apple is apple and not a potato chip. 

A=A.

c'mon this is the most basic logical law ever . Stop trying to define life or existence in terms of something else .

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

6 hours ago, Someone here said:

Oh my ..life is not a dream literally..

Life is just life .just like apple is apple and not a potato chip. 

A=A.

c'mon this is the most basic logical law ever . Stop trying to define life or existence in terms of something else .

Say that 'life is life' without trying to understand or explore is like saying that a book is book without reading the contents. It is not by repeating obvious things that we advance in our understanding of the world.

Thinking about nature of life allows us to deepen our understanding of it. Assert that it is useless is to renounce all philosophical reflection, which limits our ability to see beyond appearances. Life is a dream is not just a label, it is an invitation to explore the multiple dimensions of our existence and to question reality.

Yes an apple is an Apple but it is also a fruit!

Life is really a Game, You can make it a Serious Game or a Blissful Game, its about Choice, so Your here to work out this game of Choice, its not a dream, its as real as it gets for a Human, but if You take it too Seriously, take Yourself too Seriously then its not a Fun or Enjoyable Game, so choose!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

@Will1125 love.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

when people say, life is a dream! just like a night dream!!! you are making it up!!!! It seems that they do not understand that a night's dream involves billions of neuronal interconnections creating electrical impulses and quantum activity in the subatomic particles that make up the fabric of reality, all coordinated at an unimaginable level. That is, a nocturnal dream is something absolutely material. A thought is as material as a stone, it is just a different state of matter, or energy, because matter is a state of energy. Then, define reality as a dream Is like define reality as a stone. Eh dude, reality is a stone! I'm a genius!

In short, you can't define the reality because the definition is part of the reality. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

The only dream is that of the Individual. The one that thinks it has a life, free will and choice, a family, friends parents. Thinks it's separate from everything else. Insights, ideas, concepts, all that jazz. Knowledge, interpretations, memories. Life is just happening. That bird chirping is just that, a bird chirping. That's not a dream. That mountain you see is not a dream. What's appearing infront of you now is not a dream, You thinking about your exam tomorrow is the dream. There's no exam happening now, it's being imagined. Whatever is appearing in your direct experience NOW is not a dream. It is literally what is; and that is all that exists. Everything else is imagination.

Your question asking what is the purpose and saying having inner peace is the dream. Your actual hands moving and typing those words are not.

Know thyself....

11 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Ultimately you realize it is completely relative                         

Along with the thought that "it is completely relative." Emptiness is empty. Nothing is ultimately 'privileged.' 

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ... 

8 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

a night's dream involves billions of neuronal interconnections creating electrical impulses and quantum activity in the subatomic particles that make up the fabric of reality,

How do you know this. Did you actually see the neurons interconnecting and did you see the electrical impulses and do you see the actual fabric that makes up reality. Yes, we speak like this and you're probably right but only in the dream and I'm only pointing it out because that's the actual topic of discussion.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

17 hours ago, Will1125 said:

what is the ultimate purpose

I like the notion that we are organs of perception that enable the universe to experience itself fully, all nooks and crannies. No experience is ultimately better than any other experience. From this pov the purpose of our existence is to keep doing what we are always doing: experiencing. It's all good. 

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ... 

13 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

How do you know this. Did you actually see the neurons interconnecting and did you see the electrical impulses and do you see the actual fabric that makes up reality. Yes, we speak like this and you're probably right but only in the dream and I'm only pointing it out because that's the actual topic of discussion.

Yes, maybe it's that I'm god, then I invented all about the physics to keep me sleeping 😅. I don't know how to define that type of vision. Let's see, if "God" did that, there would be an actor performing an action with an intention. that is, an ego. What would be the cause of that ego, that will, and what would be the means to carry it out? nothing! tadah! Ah yes, out of nothing a will arises that wants to invent a dream for a series of reasons. Well, I prefer the story that Odin, in the fight with the giants of Niflehim, after losing an eye to obtain omniscience, created reality

32 minutes ago, Princess Arabia said:

The only dream is that of the Individual. The one that thinks it has a life, free will and choice, a family, friends parents. Thinks it's separate from everything else. Insights, ideas, concepts, all that jazz. Knowledge, interpretations, memories. Life is just happening. That bird chirping is just that, a bird chirping. That's not a dream. That mountain you see is not a dream. What's appearing infront of you now is not a dream, You thinking about your exam tomorrow is the dream. There's no exam happening now, it's being imagined. Whatever is appearing in your direct experience NOW is not a dream. It is literally what is; and that is all that exists. Everything else is imagination.

Your question asking what is the purpose and saying having inner peace is the dream. Your actual hands moving and typing those words are not.

spot on. although i would say in the ultimate sense, apperances are also dream

Edited by emil1234