Davino

Tell me things are important for you to have in your home

25 posts in this topic

So I'm contemplating how would my ideal home look like.

This is because I discovered having nice views where I live makes me extremely happy. I really don't know why but it gives such immense joy that I know for sure it's something wired in my character.

I also like a lot wooden floors.

What about you? Please tell me, I'm very curious to know. Maybe you give me great ideas for my future home.

Thanks 

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

I want an inground pool and a fenced in, private backyard. I want a porch with a walkway that leads to the pool. I want a bar area that has kombucha and beer on tap. 

The house doesn't have to be big, it just needs character and good vibes in the inside. 

I'd like an entertainment area that is very open, lots of room to move around. I want a lot of windows so that I can look out into the backyard. 

I want a king sized bed so that my girlfriend and I have lots of room to roll around while we sleep.

I want a modern kitchen with stainless steel appliances and granite countertops. 

The living room will be carpeted, the kitchen/ dining room hard wood. 

The road that we live will be tucked away but easy to find.

Neighbors will be friendly but keep to themselves. 

A salt lamp gives beautiful ambiance to a room. 

Edited by integration journey
Clarity

1. Floor to ceiling windows in my master bedroom, I dream of waking to rain rivulets running down the window.
  2. Washer and Dryer Accessible from Master bathroom, so I can dry off and put on fresh, warm clothes right from the dryer.
  3. A big lawn to mow and when I have kids (in 10-15 years,) they have room to run around and play, sports, get dirty, etc..
  4. Be close to a stream or source of water.
  5. A Large Garden out back.
  6. 20-30 minutes from the closest city.
  7. Aesthetic lighting in all rooms
  8. Lighting that automatically changes color to fit my sleep cycle.
  9. A Music Studio in the center of the house, All the equipment I need.
  10. Wood Floors and soft carpets

Waking Call The Inspiration, Music and Perspective for an Authentic Life.

I am not trying to "troll" your thread I promise.. but I really feel this way..

I don't really care about material things nearly as much as people's consciousness these days.. so Home to me is more of my brothers returning. Without that I am "Homeless" in this world.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

11 hours ago, integration journey said:

A salt lamp gives beautiful ambiance to a room. 

I have a Himalayan salt lamp next to my bed. It allows for gradual light and gives great vibes

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

9 hours ago, puporing said:

I am not trying to "troll" your thread I promise.. but I really feel this way..

I don't really care about material things nearly as much as people's consciousness these days.. so Home to me is more of my brothers returning. Without that I am "Homeless" in this world.

So it's important to share your space/home with meaningful people.

It's such an important consideration, living alone or with other people, how many? What about pets?

I think these are very valid questions to which everyone finds inner answers

5 hours ago, Chadders said:

Having enough light is a big one for me especially when WFH

True, it's also important for me. I kinda hate those bunker style flats.

11 hours ago, Spiritual Warrior said:

I want a king sized bed so that my girlfriend and I have lots of room to roll around while we sleep.

I agree that having a good bed is one of the top most important decisions. It really affects your everyday life.

I've been thinking about getting a custom-made bed, big enough for my needs.

I bought my apartment nearly a year ago, which might not yet be the 'ideal' home, but I'm fairly low maintenance, so it will more than suffice for the next 10-15 years at least. The essentials will partly depend on location, your lifestyle, etc. But for me I found an RO system for water filtration is a must, living without one is like going back to dark ages. Another indispensable thing is reflective film on my windows, I've another house right in front, so when it's daytime from the street it's a mirror, feels private without the need for blinds, and at night the opposite, turns into a mirror from the inside (cool when tripping). Plus it filters UV and reduces the heat a bit, very important for how hot it gets in central Spain. Also all my lamps are LED, adjustable color temperature and brightness + remote controlled. Some have a fan on them. Wooden floor is definitely nice too, I don't have to clean it as often and usually walk barefoot even in winter. I got the fastest internet available, 10gbps, and organized every cable such that they're nearly invisible. Then there's an infinity of little things that in their totality make up a lot of my comfort and convenience - a kettle that you can set and maintain certain temperature for, a sponge holder in my sink, numerous hangers for small towels all around, an anti-fog mirror in the bathroom, workout equipment, extendable coffee table, foldable buckets, and so on. I can highly recommend getting a couch with a reclining mechanism, they're fairly inexpensive these days and super comfy, we got one for mom's house recently, and now I want to replace the regular one I have with that at some point. I sleep on the floor, no bed, but have a good memory foam mattress that's just 8cm thick, and a proper orthopedic pillow. I use percale cotton sheets, they have a nice texture, perfect for sleeping naked, and don't get dirty easily. 

Lastly, I picked a relatively quiet neighborhood, but with close proximity to metro, buses, and lots of infrastructure nearby (gyms, supermarkets, pharmacies). I get the benefits of living in a large city without much of the negatives, except perhaps air quality. When I'm older a separate house somewhere up north or in another country altogether would be ideal, but that comes with its own set of challenges and a lot of what I'd want in it would also change.

Good luck with your planning, just don't get lost in fantasyland too much and actually make the moneys for that dream place ^_^

Edited by LambdaDelta

Whichever way you turn, there is the face of God

I’ve always dreamed of living in the country side. 
somewhere with a lot of land so that way I can have countless of pets without having to worry I won’t have room for them. My house on the other hand I can see it as a cottage house. Maybe two or three rooms. Preferably three rooms and then an office room for me to hide away in. So perhaps four rooms? My nana always had her washer and dryer in a separate house. Kind of like a shed but not a shed in Mexican standard. I’m just not completely sure on what they would call it. I’m a sabo kid. For those not understanding what sabo kid means. It means being of Spanish descent and not knowing much or very little Spanish. My grandma (Nana) had three rooms. When I would come over I’d sleep in the spare room. Whenever I would come over she’d immediately take me a shower and wash my clothes. I’m guessing it’s because my mother didn’t do a good job at taking care of me. So I always use to wear these big tshirts like a dress. It was always nice. Laying in bed and watching a movie after my showers. 
I don’t need my living room to be huge personally. I think my biggest goal would to make it cozy. After my nana would cook for my entire family and themselves we’d all eat together. Later going into the living room to either watch a boxing fight jeopardy or the Lone Ranger. Not even 10-15 minutes would pass and I’d be knocked out. My kitchen I always enjoyed the gas stoves the most, because it reminds me of my grandmother. And if I ever need a lighter to smoke my blunt I could always use the stove (hehe 🐯) 

I would love a garden or a green house 

a nice patio outside to sit and share tea outside. 
I enjoy a lot of natural lighting

i love windows a lot to

I think another thing that’s important to be is decoration. 
I need my home to be filled with things, because if not it feels empty and bare.

My nana always had pictures of the family on her walls and other random decorations 

20 hours ago, LambdaDelta said:

Another indispensable thing is reflective film on my windows, I've another house right in front, so when it's daytime from the street it's a mirror, feels private without the need for blinds, and at night the opposite, turns into a mirror from the inside (cool when tripping).

are you aware that people from the outside can see in at night, while you cant see them? just asking

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube        

43 minutes ago, mmKay said:

are you aware that people from the outside can see in at night, while you cant see them? just asking

Sure. Not always though, if I have no lights on at all, there'll still be weak reflection on the outside due to street lamps 

Whichever way you turn, there is the face of God

It must be into a quiet natural place, with many fruit trees around, and a vegetable garden. I love that kind of hippie colorful cotton blankets under the trees...so i can rest and sleep outside on the ground when is not too cold.

A good mojo. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

An instant pot & sound proof from neighbors.

Sailing on the ceiling 

@LambdaDelta thanks, great tips