Javfly33

Im quitting Spirituality

29 posts in this topic

Meditation

Questioner: All teachers advise to meditate. What is the purpouse of Meditation?

Maharaj: We know the outer world of sensations and actions but our inner world of thougts and feelings we know very little. The primary purpouse of meditation is to become conscious of and familiar with, our inner life. The ultimate purpouse is to reach the source of life and consciousness.

Incidentally,practice of meditation deeply affects our character. We are slaves to what we do not know, of what we know we are masters. Whatever vice or weakeness in ourselves we discover and understand its causes and its workings, we overcome it by the very knowing, the unconscious dissolves when brougth into conscious. The dissolution of the unconscious releases energy, the mind feels adequate and become quiet.

From " I am That "- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

what is spirituality even?

you can’t quit or escape this

there’s no way out 

😐

3 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

there’s no way out 

😐

Lol. We are prisoners with no way out. 

Know thyself....

Here are some answers from Sri Ramana Maharshi when asked about the nature of spiritual practices or sadhanas, and how they are ultimately transcended. 

Thorn and Thorn Analogy:

In response to a question about whether the tool of self-inquiry (or any spiritual practice) may ultimately be detrimental to enlightenment, Sri Ramana Maharshi said:

"The mind is the thorn that is used to remove the thorn of the ego, and eventually both are discarded. One thorn is used to take out another thorn, and when it is done, both are thrown away."

Crematory Stick Analogy:

In another context, Sri Ramana Maharshi used the analogy of the stick used in cremation to describe the use of spiritual practices:

"The stick that is used to stir the funeral pyre is itself eventually consumed by the fire. Similarly, the practice or sadhana that leads to the destruction of the ego is itself ultimately transcended."

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

On 8/31/2024 at 4:19 AM, PurpleTree said:

there’s no way out 

On 8/31/2024 at 7:48 AM, Princess Arabia said:

We are prisoners with no way out. 

Spiritual students are prisoners trying to find their way in.

Most of modern spirituality is just spiritual bypassing anyway. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

Just now, Buck Edwards said:

Most of modern spirituality is just spiritual bypassing anyway. 

To to start PM spirituality.

;)

Just now, Yimpa said:

To to start PM spirituality.

;)

Maybe Leo can make a video on that too. ;)

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words.