Javfly33

Im quitting Spirituality

29 posts in this topic

Im quitting spiritual sadhana because I have realized my ego was using the spiritual path to feel special, and in a way, to maintain the Karma of Being special of other beings.

Sometimes the most important sadhana is to stop all sadhana, any kind of meditation yoga or psychedelics.

Ironically the Only thing preventing me from enlightment is actually realising there is no enlightment for me.

Once you have absolute claritiy on how your ego is maintaining the karmic bag then you know exactly what you need to do, you dont need to meditate all your Life.

You just need absolute claritiy on what your ego is avoiding in Life to maintain separation or maintain a "Bubble" of individuality. Then from that point you Will know the exact steps to take at every moment of your Life 

For me it is very simple, I have to meditate or I enter a level of density that translates as incessant mental suffering. It's like: I have to eat or I'll feel hungry. It is not a choice, and I must do it for more than an hour every day, more or less two, until I reach a state in which the mental capsule breaks. It is simply sitting in a chair with my eyes closed observing myself until the change occurs. It does not make me feel superior or inferior to anyone, since this type of comparison falls within the dense state. In fact, I never talk about spirituality with anyone outside of this forum, even with people interested in spirituality. It's much better to write here to release that need of expression 

1 hour ago, Javfly33 said:

You just need absolute claritiy on what your ego is avoiding in Life to maintain separation or maintain a "Bubble" of individuality.

Yea but this awareness comes from rising the energy up within the system so that it would illuminate all the dark corners of the ego where it hides. And that's what sadhana is for. 

You cannot love what you need.

Posted (edited)

If you stare at one topic long enough God will reveal himself quitting is retarded this is how life works. Ego is telling you to quit because you pass the surface level and feel you have done nothing you are just opening the container

Edited by Hojo

Posted (edited)

Based on the experience of lots of people (included myself), buddhism or any ramification or yogi practices fail to meet their proclamations. Because in the end it's all about following a regime, which doesn't take on account your own intelligence. You are literally trying to copy something else which may not be what the original practice was about.

From what you say, it seems wise to stop it altogether. Yet recognize that a better approach is to enter those kind of practices and only take what works for you, in the first place. It does matter to be completely honest with yourself about what you're doing, using common sense and your intuition to guide you, which is what you are doing. There is not a one-size-fits-all.

Focus instead on the principles. They are always the same and it's solid ground. And they may require a completely different approach in your own context. But principles never fail to meet the standars. But again, one thing is to follow principles blindly, and other thing is to contemplate their meaning and importance. It cannot be coincidence that principles worked for people 2500 years ago and they work for us today.

16 minutes ago, Hojo said:

If you stare at one topic long enough God will reveal himself quitting is retarded this is how life works.

This is king. Yet only works if you seek to grow. And it may not be suitable to the OP's case... Seeking variety is also king.

Edited by Human Mint

@Javfly33 Horrible idea. Never leave your sadhana.

There is oscillation between achieving and doing VS letting go and relaxing. That's fine and we all get through that, but killing the whole project? 

Nah. Never.

You're not over spiritual practice, if anything you are underdoing it.

It's your life at the end but if you're serious about this message, I'm telling you this is the worst decision you could take in your life.

There are only two major traps in the Spiritual path:

Never starting

Quitting 

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

8 minutes ago, Davino said:

There is oscillation between achieving and doing VS letting go and relaxing. That's fine and we all get through that, but killing the whole project? 

Progress is suppossed to stay with you until death.

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Im quitting spiritual sadhana because I have realized my ego was using the spiritual path to feel special, and in a way, to maintain the Karma of Being special of other beings

And what is saying this, my friend. Nothing but the clever egoic mind identity. You have fallen victim to it's cleverness and now you seek a way out using the same mechanism that constructed it. This is just mind talk and nothing to do with the real you. Do as you choose, but just be aware of this.

Spirituality or no Spirituality, we're all ending up in the same place; it's just a matter of how one chooses to live and the quality of life pursued. They are all just practices to be experienced and allows for heightened awareness and change of states and consciousness. You are the practices and when you start from the top down, it really doesn't matter what you do or don't do, as the guidance all comes from within. Certain achievements require certain practices but it's all just experiences, just like you're trying to accomplish what it would feel like to not practice Spirituality.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

@Javfly33 What was your spiritual practice up till now?

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works

@Javfly33 I get what you are saying and i dont think you are making a mistake like other people commenting before me. I dont know for sure if that is what you need to do, all im saying is that i understand you and i think it makes sense.

For anyone interested Alan Watts has a series of lectures that carries a really similar message as this post. One of my favorites too.

https://archive.org/details/alan-watts-out-mind

Posted (edited)

@Javfly33, do what you gotta do.

I quit meditation 2 years ago, as it was getting more about sustaining my meditation habit and not getting results. I wasn't dealing with my life and being honest about my situation. I was deluding myself into thinking that being in a no-mind state is better. I rather have a mediocre life than meditate for years.

Edited by Nemra

4 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

Im quitting spiritual sadhana because I have realized my ego was using the spiritual path to feel special, and in a way, to maintain the Karma of Being special of other beings.

Sometimes the most important sadhana is to stop all sadhana, any kind of meditation yoga or psychedelics.

Ironically the Only thing preventing me from enlightment is actually realising there is no enlightment for me.

Once you have absolute claritiy on how your ego is maintaining the karmic bag then you know exactly what you need to do, you dont need to meditate all your Life.

You just need absolute claritiy on what your ego is avoiding in Life to maintain separation or maintain a "Bubble" of individuality. Then from that point you Will know the exact steps to take at every moment of your Life 

Why do you try to quit from yourself that includes spirituality?

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Posted (edited)

The great game of human is a lot about surviving and therefore accumulating energy, so you create personas, including the spiritual one, to shine and therefore to gain power. It's nor good or bad, you don't have to escape, it's just a game.

The only problem with the spiritual persona is the same as with any other, it's if you're so stuck on it that you deprive yourself to exploit others possibilities of personas. There are also personas more suited to the game of humans than others (imagine like a Russian doll of games), a stressed and aggressive personality will live a better health than a more chill personality, you will be called to a more chill personality.

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

I mean you can quit for other reasons like starting a business, a new demanding job, a master degree, having a children. These are valid reasons imo.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

Don't quit, just take a break.

You still have Awakenings waiting for you. Don't fool yourself that you are "done".

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

If you deal with your challenges and problems directly then this is the true spirituality. You can only want to quit something you subconsciously feel as a bypass.

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

You guys think too much, we all do really, that is what is slowing or stopping progress on the Spiritual Path, and yes there is such a thing...

You have to do the Sadhana and practices more like a Devotional practice, Your Giving into it, rather than wanting to get a result.

Wanting to get a Result is a Calculation, Calculation goes back to the Intellect, Intellect is a Survival Tool only, You will not progress and see the Ultimate via the Intellect, as Intellect Separates and Divides, partitions up things so You can understand it and live another day, Humans are so very capable of Living Beyond this sort of Survival Level of Awareness.

As Princess said, Your Ego is super involved in this proclamation to the forum that Your giving up practices, its plain and simple! How to gain space from the Ego (we need the Ego while here on Earth unless You plan on being a Hermit), is simple Live Now absolutely, Accept Now absolutely and Respond to Now absolutely, then Ego is  no longer a problem.. 

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Nobody is a quitter ;)

Posted (edited)

Sadhana is like a trampoline. Letting go of attachments is like a ladder.

Awakening is like glimpsing the roof. Enlightenment is like sitting on the roof.

You can't sit on the roof without a ladder, but a trampoline can help you see what is up there. You can also use it to jump a few steps up on the ladder. It can also strengthen your legs to help you climb the ladder.

Sometimes it helps to use the trampoline more. Sometimes it helps to use the ladder more. There is not only one way, and what works best at what time depends on the person.

Trying out one over the other for some time might be smart, but unless you are on the very last step, you will eventually go back to the other thing in some way.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.