manuel bon

Why should I be interested in politics?

45 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, manuel bon said:

For society in general. Imo it is. But I feel it's not. Idk why.

I think you are a criminal for not studying medicine, because of you people are dying.
Go study medicine, hop hop

The devil is in the details.

1 minute ago, Yimpa said:

There's only one thing to do to them, then :S

What are you suggesting?🤔

Just now, Schizophonia said:

I think you are a criminal for not studying medicine, because of you people are dying.
Go study medicine, hop hop

Oke got it haha

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, manuel bon said:

@aurum thank you for your opinion! 

This is the wrong way to do politics, c'mon man!

Edited by Yimpa

Just now, Yimpa said:

This is the wrong way to do politics, c'mon man!

Well good, cause I don't do politics hehe

I seem to be the only one willing to give a serious answer.

I think Leo explains it best in his conscious politics series. Watch below from 6:40 to 10:00

But the basic reason is that, if you're going to be going into self-Actualization and Spirituality work, then its not enough for you to take responsibility for your own consciousness and awakening, but also the collective consciousness of society. 

You are part of society whether you like it or not. And it is much easier to become enlightened and self-actualized in a society that is not overly corrupt, materialistic, a society without toxins in the food and water, etc... 

If you are part of society whether you like it or not, then politics effects you whether you like it or not. If the most conscious members of society choose to sit out, then what happens is that the most unconscious, selfish, egoist people, they will become your political leaders, and this will effect you. 

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

4 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I seem to be the only one willing to give a serious answer.

I think Leo explains it best in his conscious politics series. Watch below from 6:40 to 10:00

But the basic reason is that, if you're going to be going into self-Actualization and Spirituality work, then its not enough for you to take responsibility for your own consciousness and awakening, but also the collective consciousness of society. 

You are part of society whether you like it or not. And it is much easier to become enlightened and self-actualized in a society that is not overly corrupt, materialistic, a society without toxins in the food and water, etc... 

If you are part of society whether you like it or not, then politics effects you whether you like it or not. If the most conscious members of society choose to sit out, then what happens is that the most unconscious, selfish, egoist people, they will become your political leaders, and this will effect you. 

I understand, thank you for the great answer. 

I still think that I need to sort things out in my life, psychology, traumas, and more, before getting into politics seriously.

Whenever I get into something, I don't want to do it partially, therefore I think that getting into politics seriously now would be way too soon.

@manuel bon Good. You are avoiding the groupthink trap.

See my episode about this: 

Politics is necessarily polarizing because it is essentially how you survive as a group collective. People almost always advocate for politics that benefits them and disapprove of politics that is detrimental to them. Your family are probably reacting negatively to your ideas because it doesn't benefit their socioeconomic position and group identity. Its incredibly relative.

I find politics interesting because its the challenge of understanding multi-perspectival life situations. Politics is as multi-faceted as it gets in this world. Its so complicated because we have to figure out how to survive as a collective while everyone involved live in completely different realities.

I don't think you need to feel responsible for your politics. We live in a representative democracy after all. You don't need to know the nitty gritty or have an answer to every political issue. Just make sure you vote for what you feel is right.

Don't bother discussing politics with friends or family either unless you mutually enjoy the topic. Most people have a surface level appreciation for politics and simply lack the curiosity to have their views challenged.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, manuel bon said:

Not for me. Right now the goal of my life is to grow personally and spiritually, and politics doesn't fit for me right now.

That's fine and even good. There was a period from 2008 to 2015 where I completely tuned out of politics because I was totally focused on business, personal development, pickup, life coaching, and Actualized.org. That was an important period in my life. But then I came back into politics with a vengeance and by now I've mastered how it works. And now it's just entertainment. Watching monkeys in a zoo.

The lesson is: you don't need to handle every issue at once. Space stuff out across your life. Politics is certainly the wrong focus for youngsters who should be focused on building their foundational for survival.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

The thing about politics is there is absolutely no reason to get into it unless you want to control people. People like to bicker back and forth about it but its useless and brings your energy down. You wont change anything unless you gain the power to control people with your knowledge and want to use it to control people. The entire system is purposefully made so complex that one person cannot know all of it. So you wont gain anything from learning about it at all besides bickering or gaining power in politics to control people.

You can also learn about it to protect yourself against it and vote.

Politics can be a spiritual trap you can become identified and judge massive groups of people in a whim. Hate can be born here.

Edited by Hojo

Because you could be one of the persons that could shape the politics of the future, thanks to your careful examinations.

“One of the penalties of refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.”

-Plato

I think Leo actually put this quote in one of his political videos 

There was a time not so long ago when you were expected to keep your religion and your politics to yourself, and to broach either topic was considered rude and foolish for the same reasons OP listed (breeds hate, creates division, etc.). Clearly those times are over. I imagine most people on this forum are too young to remember a life lived in relative peace and unity.

It's just my opinion, and I haven't thought too deeply about it, but it almost seems like we peaked in the late 90's and 2000's. Now it's a steady stream of disdain for anyone not on our team and who doesn't fit our expected mold, for better or worse. We'll have to see where this current climate of contention leads.

@manuel bon, you may have been born in the wrong decade. Even if you'd prefer to remain apolitical, it doesn't seem like society will let you. Good luck.

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, aurum said:

That disagreement / division already existed, you just weren't talking about it. Which makes it even more dysfunctional.

Embrace conflict. Conflict is necessary to lead to resolution. 

I see the potential wisdom in what you're saying, but I firmly believe that we're more dysfunctional now. I guess the argument could be made that we'll dive so deep into dysfunction that we'll come out enlightened on the other side.

After the nuclear winter blows over, of course.

Edited by What Am I

17 minutes ago, What Am I said:

I see the potential wisdom in what you're saying, but I firmly believe that we're more dysfunctional now. I guess the argument could be made that we'll dive so deep into dysfunction that we'll come out enlightened on the other side.

After the nuclear winter blows over, of course.

Consider the context of the advice I gave.

To me, it seemed like OP was struggling with embracing hard conversations. Embracing hard conversations where there is heated disagreement is not dysfunction, it's function.

In a different context I would give different advice. 

26 minutes ago, aurum said:

Consider the context of the advice I gave.

To me, it seemed like OP was struggling with embracing hard conversations. Embracing hard conversations where there is heated disagreement is not dysfunction, it's function.

In a different context I would give different advice. 

Sure, fair enough. Upon reflection after I'd sent my posts, they were a bit passive-aggressive themselves, which is ironically the type of behavior I was railing against. I think I just sympathized with OP's plight and lashed out in shared frustration. I'm old-school in wishing for a previous era, but perhaps we really are going through this tumultuous time to reach something better. It's relatively often in history that we've been close to calamity, and things always turned around those times.

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But then I came back into politics with a vengeance 

Since this happened in 2015, I can only assume because of Trump.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله