manuel bon

Why should I be interested in politics?

45 posts in this topic

I will explain better: I think it's good to be informed with what is happening in your country and around the world. But why should I be so into it as most of people are? Every time I talk about politics giving my ideas, pov, and without criticizing, I see that people become altered (if they don't agree with me), and this happens also very strongly with my close-minded family. 

People have different ideas, and it's impossible to always agree with everyone. Politics can create division, and not only between nations, but many times even within family and important friendships and relationships.

Personally, I prefer being ignorant about these topics, so I don't have problems regarding this. I don't want to lose important people in my life because of this. 

And also I think that the "purpose" of life is simply living it. Why should I create division over something I am not interested in?

3 minutes ago, manuel bon said:

Every time I talk about politics giving my ideas, pov, and without criticizing, I see that people become altered (if they don't agree with me), and this happens also very strongly with my close-minded family. 

People have different ideas, and it's impossible to always agree with everyone. Politics can create division, and not only between nations, but many times even within family and important friendships and relationships.

That disagreement / division already existed, you just weren't talking about it. Which makes it even more dysfunctional.

Embrace conflict. Conflict is necessary to lead to resolution. 

1 minute ago, aurum said:

That disagreement / division already existed, you just weren't talking about it. Which makes it even more dysfunctional.

Embrace conflict. Conflict is necessary to lead to resolution. 

It's true. But I personally prefer talking about dysfunctionality within politics, than creating more trough politics.

1 minute ago, manuel bon said:

It's true. But I personally prefer talking about dysfunctionality within politics, than creating more trough politics.

That attitude does create more dysfunctionality.

If you want to end the dysfunctionality, you can't just talk about things people agree on.

Learn how to navigate situations of conflict with grace, not just hide from them.

Posted (edited)

It's a game like any other.

I tend to have a conservative persona, if i was italian like you i would vote Georgia Melloni eheh, but in my case idk if it still

worth the cost to play to that.

I have better, i think.

Edited by Schizophonia

The devil is in the details.

Just now, aurum said:

That attitude does create more dysfunctionality.

If you want to end the dysfunctionality, you can't just talk about things people agree on.

Learn how to navigate situations of conflict with grace, not just hide from them.

You're right. But not everyone is open to have a peaceful conversation talking about things you disagree on. In general I don't have problems with being calm, but only in my family it's a million times more difficult, cause everyone gets so defensive and attacks me. So I almost never say ideas that go against their beliefs.

One more question: is it not okay to not getting informed about politics if I'm not interested at all? When I say that I'm not that interested people judge. To some extent I don't care, but still.

2 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

I tend to have a conservative persona, if i was italian like you i would vote Georgia Melloni eheh, but in my case idk if it still

worth the cost to play to that.

I have better, i think.

Yeah many people voted her. But Meloni is a fascist (she openly said it) and a liar (she's promised many things, and then did the opposite.

Not taking positions nor criticizing, it's just facts.

6 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Do you think it's okay if I don't want to play this game?

Just now, manuel bon said:

You're right. But not everyone is open to have a peaceful conversation talking about things you disagree on. In general I don't have problems with being calm, but only in my family it's a million times more difficult, cause everyone gets so defensive and attacks me. So I almost never say ideas that go against their beliefs.

Well you do have to know how to let go of things as well. So if you feel like you've had tough conversations with your family over and over, and they're still not getting it, then it might be best to move on.

You can't force people to agree with you either. There has to be receptivity.

Just now, manuel bon said:

One more question: is it not okay to not getting informed about politics if I'm not interested at all? When I say that I'm not that interested people judge. To some extent I don't care, but still.

It's okay if you're okay with a dysfunctional society.

Or if you're very young, like pre-college age.

Once you get to college / post-college age and have a basic handle on your survival, you should start thinking about politics.

it doesn’t really matter

if you are or not

if it makes you happy it’s fine

but if it makes you unhappy it’s another trap of beliefs and such

Politics are the outer layer of awareness, the physical manifestation of inner attitudes.

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Posted (edited)

Why should I be interested in politics?

Because watching monkeys be monkeys is entertaining as fuck.

I'm personally voting for Kamala. 

WE'RE NOT GOING BACK! WE'RE NOT GOING BACK! WE'RE NOT GOING BLACK!

Edited by Yimpa

1 hour ago, manuel bon said:

Do you think it's okay if I don't want to play this game?

Okay for who ?

:)

The devil is in the details.

Politics is fun!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Okay for who ?

:)

For society in general. Imo it is. But I feel it's not. Idk why.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Politics is fun!

Not for me. Right now the goal of my life is to grow personally and spiritually, and politics doesn't fit for me right now. Maybe in the future it will.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

Politics is fun!

Trump Awakening ☺️

14 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Because watching monkeys be monkeys is entertaining as fuck.

I guess it is... But at the same time people get hurt because of these monkeys

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, manuel bon said:

But at the same time people get hurt because of these monkeys

There's only one thing left to do to them, then :S

Edited by Yimpa

1 hour ago, PurpleTree said:

it doesn’t really matter

if you are or not

if it makes you happy it’s fine

but if it makes you unhappy it’s another trap of beliefs and such

Okay thank you!