AION

Turn the other cheek is not always righteous

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

As a spiritual person I got messed up by this notion. I allowed my parents to mess me up, other people and lately I allowed girls to do that. But though is enough. 

Today I came to a point that I realized that eye for eye, tooth for tooth is a spiritual if not more spiritual. Sometimes you have to unleash war onto your enemies because god demands it as explained in the Bhagavad Gita.

The thing is that God is your highest authority and teacher and if you don’t listen you will get whipped to death or learn your lesson.

God is all loving and all punishing. It has the soft hand and the hard hand. And whether you love or punish somebody it is the hand of god doing it and you are just a vessel. Sometimes tough love is the real thing. So this is what happened; my ex broke up with out of nowhere to go back to her ex. And I spilled the beans and exposed his wicked personality (how she treated me) and her Christian sexual dark side.  

Edited by AION

Booth statements:

Turn the other cheek 

And 

Eye for eye..... 

Are equally wrong, and shouldn't be used as guidance in today's world. This kind of thinking will make you very resentful.

Honoring the self I've grown to love.

Second, exposing things you shared with your girlfriend (now your ex) is just as wrong as everything else in your post. 

That is not something a mature person does no matter how hurt you are.

Posted (edited)

I turned the other cheek my whole life while not letting myself get bullied. When I have my spiritual awakening it felt like god was telling me to literally only beleive myself and that what I was doing was right the whole time. I haven't done anything spectacular with my life and let people verbally walk over me when they did this I would beleive them. I never wanted to accomplish anything and people around just keep telling me I am fucking up over and over and I let it get to me and start describing myself as a fuck up. When god woke me up it told me that everything I do is perfect so now I don't turn the other cheek I tell it how I see it. And I will fight people who stand in my way. We don't have to be Jesus all the time just enough to wake ourselves up and then we can stand up for ourselves.

Edited by Hojo

Posted (edited)

There is no moment where showing the other cheek is a mistake because showing the other cheek simply means to be the presence of love that supports, uplifts and serves all life through infinite intelligence of God rather than seeking to defend and make a name for your ego. 

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

20 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

There is no moment where showing the other cheek is a mistake because showing the other cheek simply means to be the presence of love that supports, uplifts and serves all life through infinite intelligence of God rather than seeking to defend and make a name for your ego. 

Being mindful and reacting according to the situation seems more intelligent.

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, shree said:

Being mindful and reacting according to the situation seems more intelligent.

There can't be a more intelligent response than the one that comes from love. And that's what turning the other cheek really points to. Your perspective is almost the same thing as what I wrote btw. 

Edited by Salvijus

You just gotta keep your heart clean

Actions may vary from one action to another

The important thing is keeping your heart clean

Rationality is Stupidity, Love is Rationality

13 hours ago, Salvijus said:

There can't be a more intelligent response than the one that comes from love. And that's what turning the other cheek really points to. Your perspective is almost the same thing as what I wrote btw. 

Realizing absolute love can dangerously separate you from material reality.

Maybe there is a misunderstanding or an incomplete understanding of this concept.

You cannot make decisions in the material world based only on conclusions from an absolute perspective. Society often reacts harshly to those who do

Just like what happened to Jesus

This is my response. I will leave it there.

Posted (edited)

Human love is much more advanced than animal love. But is still very primitive compared to higher levels of love like alien love.

Turn the other cheek is human love and although it much more advanced than eye for an eye which is very animalistic but there is love beyond that. 

It kind of reminds me of Wilber’s pre-rational, rational and trans-rational. Our love is as sophisticated as our brain. And there comes a point that the rationality of turning the other cheek becomes a burden. 

Edited by AION

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, shree said:

Realizing absolute love can dangerously separate you from material reality.

Love is the only thing that knows how to live in harmony in every aspect of life. Material life would be nothing but hell without love. And it wouldn't last very long. 

Edited by Salvijus

1 hour ago, AION said:

Human love is much more advanced than animal love. But is still very primitive compared to higher levels of love like alien love.

There's no such thing. Love is neither animal nor human nor extraterrestrial. It's not in any catagory. 

1 hour ago, AION said:

And there comes a point that the rationality of turning the other cheek becomes a burden. 

There's something wrong with the rationale then because what takes no effort can't be burdensome. It is the need to protect what is false (ego) that is burdensome. 

Turning the other cheek means to chose to be of service even to the ones that attack you. People shouldn't confuse that with being a doormat tho. Because the intelligence of love knows what is best for everyone for their growth. That intelligence may guide you to do something that would shock them or something that they would interpret as very impolite. But these actions are different than the actions that come from a reactive ego. Because these seemingly harsh actions come out of service to them and not just because you're triggered or smth. 

Posted (edited)

From I was a kid I learned a simple lesson: in case of conflict, one of the parts is going to be humillated and his life force weaken, then better you than me. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

@AION always right. Because you are nothing.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Salvijus said:

There's no such thing. Love is neither animal nor human nor extraterrestrial. It's not in any catagory. 

There's something wrong with the rationale then because what takes no effort can't be burdensome. It is the need to protect what is false (ego) that is burdensome. 

You are stuck in the rationale of spiral stage orange and lovey dovey love from stage green. There is a point you can integrate and transcend that. Sometimes punching somebody in the face is more loving than anything else. 

Edited by AION

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, AION said:

Sometimes punching somebody in the face is more loving than anything else.

I agree and I already mentioned that. But there's a tendency for people to justify all kinds of bs in the name of love. This is where a person has to be super honest to himself if what he's doing coming from desire to help or is it just a triggered ego reacting. 99% of the time it will be ego in the example you gave. 

Edited by Salvijus

@AION c completely wrong. When you go more deeper and realize whatever comes, comes from god. And you are nothing, any taking action is ego. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

turning the other cheek, is the highest truth practicable

i have two cheeks

you are half assing your attempt at violence 

go whole or go home

can't you see you didn't move me

your violence is nothing

i don't acknowledge your attack

nothing happened

you want to try again or let's shake hands