Someone here

Why do people commit suicide from existential perspective?

90 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

My theory is that I can only commit suicide if the pain of living is bigger than the fear of the unknown of death ..I mean let's fucking face it ..you'd shit your pants if someone pointed a gun towards your head and you'd turn into a complete pu**y...I'm just being as honest and blunt as possible because I need an explanation. How can someone's suffering be greater than the "nightmarish " fear of death ? Anyone have any explanation from a philosophical perspective? 

Its like You still have an attachment for life .  Killing the body is no guarantee of less suffering. That’s a projection-based story you’re telling yourself. Do you want to deal with suffering in an existence you at least  understand and can control to a certain degree?...or are you feeling lucky and ready to gamble on what comes after death by commiting suicide? It’s all just a guessing game really. 

Edited by Someone here

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

I am not sure if I can do philosophical, just practical. As i've been in that place many times, more so in my earlier years, I'll share a few thoughts.

I'll start with why someone might choose it and hopefully do so tactfully so the mods don't have to close this.

As I've commented I've experienced emotional pain to the level of a broken rib, as if it were all over the body. I've had more physical pain than a broken rib, so I know more pain exists but if you were to want a scale. If you imagine the pain of breaking a rib, and then have that like a wave over you for a day, a week, or more. I am sure perhaps others have been in worse shape than me; I'm still here after all.

So now picture that broken rib is either being avoided, shamed, run from, fought against, whatever and it's generating a lot of chaos, and resistance in your life. Sometimes it's all you can think about, multiple states come up that cause you to suffer most of the day, and this is for someone who is functioning, let alone someone who is bed or chair-bound. 

If you don't reach acceptance in life: Does the gamble become more attractive? Yes, it does. After the fallout of decades of that, or years of it it takes a toll on the body/mind/life, does that help you understand?

I've saved this next bit so it can be ignored depending on experiences: Part of me wants to comment on reincarnation, past lives, and cycles that repeat. There is no guarantee that you will pick a better outcome next time if you've got unresolved issues in your life this time. As you are everything, the pain, suffering, denial, shame etc, that's still you, and running away from it won't help live in (not just with but in) that part of yourself. That requires an understanding or experience of past lives to accept, and also a lot of courage to face and heal and accept. It also benefits from a method such as the completion process, and preferably understanding that the emotional pain is causing physical symptoms on the body both directly or indirectly.

I find it more fascinating how people don’t commit suicide when I hear some of the horror they go through , like what keeps them going 

Posted (edited)

Thats why I decided to do it and it let me awaken i was so scared of dying but living seemed worse than something I do not know but very scared of.

Edited by Hojo

You don't know others' POVs. Your field of perception is 99.9% interpretation.
For all you know, they could be in a simulation of literal hell.

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Overwhelming despair. Oftentimes due to lack of self love, sense of purpose and direction in life.

Honoring the self I've grown to love.

People who commit suicide just don't find any meaning in living anymore it's as simple as that

I know it because I've committed suicide myself so in that case I should know it better than anyone I'm experienced in this field

Rationality is Stupidity, Love is Rationality

"from an existential perspective" is an entirely ambiguous, and open for interpretation

suicide is always done practically and occurs for practical reasons. the person is in so much pain, usually their own creation, and out of ignorance and a lack of perspective, end it, because deep down we all know death is the end of suffering, not intellectually, nor is it guaranteed, it's beyond all that.

@Someone here One of the biggest causes of suicide is depression. You feel very numb in this space and life does not feel worth it

I really don't know why someone decides to actually pull the trigger.

What I know is that there must be a desire for self aggression, probably also self hatred and self denial. Maybe wanting to avoid an extremely painful situation where all doors are (perceived) to be closed, therefore crossing the doorless door.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

Suffering and hopelessness is all you need.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 29/8/2024 at 11:31 PM, Atb210201 said:

People who commit suicide just don't find any meaning in living anymore it's as simple as that

I know it because I've committed suicide myself so in that case I should know it better than anyone I'm experienced in this field

Really you did seriously? I imagine that someone who does it will be because they see life as a complete void, without any meaning, only darkness, desperation, being trapped. Going through a moment like this must be extremely hard.

Perceived Lack of Autonomy or Control, Isolation and Loneliness, Persistent Mental and Physical Health Issues, Suffering and Hopelessness, Fear of a Meaningless Existence, etc.

People who consider suicide often experience a pattern of inescapable suffering. Imagine being abducted and taken to a secluded island where you know no one will ever find you for 150 years, and you are tortured every day. Wouldn't you be tempted to end it all to escape the unending agony? This is similar to what people who feel trapped by their suffering experience. They feel as though there is no escape, no end to the pain, and no way to change their situation, which can make the idea of ending their life seem like the only option.

@Leo Gura Why did you contemplate so deeply suicide in your path till finding peace in yourself?

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

41 minutes ago, Davino said:

@Leo Gura Why did you contemplate so deeply suicide in your path till finding peace in yourself?

No other reason than Love.

---

Contemplate:

Who/What would stop God from doing anything?

Edited by Yimpa

@Leo Gura i mean yeah sometimes suicide is legitimate, if you have a serious health problem which makes you suffer a lot and no way to fix it. 

Strong and long enough pain, mental or physical, for which there's no remedy to, and you start to prefer not being alive.

1 hour ago, Majed said:

@Leo Gura i mean yeah sometimes suicide is legitimate

How dare you judge that someone's suicide is illegitmate?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Yimpa said:

No other reason than Love.

Why love life more than death?

Why love your particular distinction of body and not love its dissolution?

That's Love

Love doesn't solve suicide

Relatively maybe

Absolutely? Not really 

Love is Infinite and embraces all that is

Depends on the standpoint of Suicide, many different paths may lead to the contemplation of committing suicide

3 hours ago, Yimpa said:

Who/What would stop God from doing anything?

God itself

We are arm wrestling ourselves

Edited by Davino

Even though you may not commit "full" suicide, we kill ourselves with many behaviours: bad eating, no sport, uncalibrated sleep patterns and so on.

This I call microsuicides. So I would challenge the notion of binary suicide and contrast it with a progressive spectrum that may lead to its climax voluntarily or death may arrive through other ways nevertheless.