Buck Edwards

What factors lead to a drop in IQ?

39 posts in this topic

What causes a drop in IQ? Are there multiple factors? 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

Health is a big factor. While that's obvious, many times we don't realise how important it is.

After months of severe anemia I got myself checked and realised my diagnosis. So I fixed myself. Due to that, I also started investing in supplements that specifically target brain health and found out about Dual-N-Back.

Although I do admit I can be using my head in better and more complex ways, I have never felt smarter. That's big, because I am 20 and everyone I know that's my age, would describe their mental prime to be around 14-16.

Another big factor is your diet. Not just food but also content. Short form content literally makes you dumber. The model of a Satvik lifestyle is one of the best imo, for achieving very efficient body and brain functionality. I believe there are ways where one can incorporate non-vegetarian aspects as well, but personally being Satvik has worked the best for me especially since I do Bhakti of a particulate deity and it's required.

Posted (edited)

Being too awake to care about the test.. 

I'm kind of serious about that one.. 

But ofc if you needed it for something you might ace it too.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Posted (edited)

God’s IQ is ONE! Humans could never.

Edited by Yimpa

I think the question needs to be framed in a brother way. Because IQ doesn’t mean a whole lot and doesn’t provide a good representation of intelligence or rather only about a very narrow field of it. 

Okay to be fair. I’ve only done a 15 minute test I randomly found online, so there might just be more for me to discover about it. 

Reasons for a drop in IQ could be plenty.

The Motivation to perform well / Attitude. Ability to concentrate ( Stress, for whatever reason is definitely a factor ) Doubting one’s capabilities. Actually finding a reliable test in the first place. Or maybe just not being good in the areas that are tested to begin with.

Which is okay. Not the end of the world.

IQ is a poor representation of Intelligence. At least the IQ tests I’ve seen so far definitely are. Way too narrow and specific. 

Intelligence can’t just be broken down in a singular number in that fashion. “The bigger the model The bigger the problem“ comes to mind. 

Happily Insane

I tried answering the first question of an IQ test, froze for a minute, and immediately realized how stupid I am. 

Watching right-wing media :D

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I thought you would say talking to people and social media causes a drop in IQ because you have alluded to that in the past. I'm elegantly surprised. Hehe. 

The only reason you guys dismiss IQ tests it's because you don't score high enough to brag ;)

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube        

1 hour ago, mmKay said:

The only reason you guys dismiss IQ tests it's because you don't score high enough to brag ;)

IQ bypassing xD

3 hours ago, mmKay said:

Sum truth. 

4 hours ago, mmKay said:

Hmmm, but there are some valid criticisms

You don't need a high IQ to be rich

Fuck IQ

Make a plan  ,execute  , use feedback to advantage and repeat

Everything impacts your mind and by extension your IQ. But if there is one big one, it's chronic stress.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

21 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Everything impacts your mind and by extension your IQ. But if there is one big one, it's chronic stress.

Meditation decreases stress levels. So conversely meditation should be able to improve IQ. Am I right? 

53 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

Meditation decreases stress levels. So conversely meditation should be able to improve IQ. Am I right? 

Meditation has the opposite effect on me. It drives my stress up and has me running towards the Truth.

Meditation is a doorway to the soul.

— James Van Praagh

2 hours ago, Buck Edwards said:

True, but it also increases IQ by decreasing task-irrelevant thoughts (thoughts that interrupt your attention on a task), which is arguably much more specifically related to IQ than stress levels.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

foxnews*

The devil is in the details.

One of the factors is an element you happened to use as a word in the title of this thread. Another element that does it is fluoride.