Nemra

Prometheus (movie)

38 posts in this topic

Watching ALL alien movies in chronological order is not a good idea.

I can watch movies that are or supposedly are bad movies. I like observing them.

But, yeah, I'll watch Alien 1 and 2.

26 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

For example, the main female character in Prometheus was just lame, generic, and unlikeable.

@Leo Gura, you mean that her character didn't live up to the expectations of what main female characters are supposed to be?

9 minutes ago, Nemra said:

I can watch movies that are or supposedly are bad movies. I like observing them.

But, yeah, I'll watch Alien 1 and 2.

The problem is, you take it like some kind of series. Like it's LOTR or Hobbit. Even Alien 1,2,3,4 aren't a series, they are all completely different movies made by different people from different countries, etc. They are all unique and some should even be watched multiple times to be fully undersrood.

@FourCrossedWands

I watched LOTR more than 5 times.

What you are saying is what I like doing after watching movies for the first time.

Posted (edited)

It's still shocking you haven't seen the movies at all. They have been a big phenomenon for multiple decades. A definition of a sci-fi horror.

I watched them everytime as a kid.

Edited by FourCrossedWands

Posted (edited)

@FourCrossedWands, I guess I'm late to the party. What can I say.

Edited by Nemra

@FourCrossedWands

As a kid, I watched the predator (1987) and I think all of the James Bond movies (from the old ones).

Posted (edited)

54 minutes ago, FourCrossedWands said:

And guess what... In Alien Romulus, there is another generic unlikable female character. It's a trend 😂

I wouldn't expect any better.

The Alien franchise is now a zombie corpse crawling up your staircase.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

There have been interesting main female characters in scifi movies, just not in the new Alien movies lol.

Edited by FourCrossedWands

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

All the sucking comes down to poor story and unlikable characters.

Main reason I didn't like Romulus, there was nothing to the story or characters whatsoever. It was basically just a hodgepodge of all the previous films in one. You could smell Disneys interference in that film from a mile off, they love rehashing these franchises and pedalling them as a "return to form".

Agree with Romulus. It was very unoriginal.

That's why I like Alien Resurrection so much. The director just didn't give a fuck about the previous movies and completely changed the genre. It's like an anti-hero dark comedy that doesn't take itself too seriously. It's just hated so much for no reason.

The original concept of Prometheus was much more interesting

Posted (edited)

The top problem of Prometheus is that it completely ruins the backstory of the aliens with childish and lame ideas.

The aliens should have a much more mysterious and dark origin story. Instead they were created by some silly android for silly purposes. Peak cringe.

You need a really good, deep idea for where aliens came from.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

I watched Alien 1 and 2. Alien 2 was wild. They are definitely better than Prometheus.

The main female character was badass.

Edited by Nemra

Posted (edited)

Prometheus: When religious people write alien movies. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

10 hours ago, Nemra said:

The main female character was badass.

Ripley gets even more badass in Alien 3, and especially Alien 4. I think you will like it.