Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldhandle

How do I just put everything else away to work entirely on my life purpose?

4 posts in this topic

I'm talking social life which I spend a lot of time on, reading news, watching Netflix, all other distractions. How do you just decide to put them away for a while to go all in on making your life purpose a reality? It seems easy but it's not.

In my opinion is not healthy to totally delete these things from your life. Personally when I do it I don't last more than 5 or 7 days, cause then I get so overwhelmed that I get a crisis hahah

The best way is to limit the time you spend on these things.

You could for example spend max 5 hours a week socializing (2.5h on Wednesday, and 2.5h on Saturday, or something like that). 

Then max 30 minutes a day watching news, and 30mins watching Netflix before bed. 

You can make a list with your priorities and based on that you organize how much time you can spend on a certain activity.

11 hours ago, oldhandle said:

I'm talking social life which I spend a lot of time on, reading news, watching Netflix, all other distractions. How do you just decide to put them away for a while to go all in on making your life purpose a reality? It seems easy but it's not.

I luv Sly Stallone's story, he was in New York back in the early 70's (before Rocky), he has some bit parts in movies and tv series, but he came to the realization that he would be severely type casted as the Bad Guy or Tough Guy cliche, but he knew he had an active imagination, so he began to write, and write and write screenplays.  He was living in a very small apt, he put black paint on the window to get rid of outside distractions, and went out only for food, and just kept on writing, and then he saw the Ali/Wepner fight and that lit a spark and he wrote rough draft of Rocky in 3 days, it was then edited like 50 more times to get it too what we see in the movie, but he had the basic premise within 3 days... So it comes down to a burning desire, and laser like focus, do what it takes to get rid of the distractions and your on your way!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

12 hours ago, Ishanga said:

I luv Sly Stallone's story, he was in New York back in the early 70's (before Rocky), he has some bit parts in movies and tv series, but he came to the realization that he would be severely type casted as the Bad Guy or Tough Guy cliche, but he knew he had an active imagination, so he began to write, and write and write screenplays.  He was living in a very small apt, he put black paint on the window to get rid of outside distractions, and went out only for food, and just kept on writing, and then he saw the Ali/Wepner fight and that lit a spark and he wrote rough draft of Rocky in 3 days, it was then edited like 50 more times to get it too what we see in the movie, but he had the basic premise within 3 days... So it comes down to a burning desire, and laser like focus, do what it takes to get rid of the distractions and your on your way!

Wow nice