hikmatshiraliyev

Buba committed suicide.

92 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted here in the forum for a long time. I want to ask you something.

The forum user 'Buba' was a very close friend of mine. He committed suicide on April 29, 2024. Since then, I have been in deep grief.

If anyone who has spoken to him in the forum recently could share with me what he talked about, it would help me process my thoughts. In the last few weeks, I somewhat neglected him during difficult times, and as a result, I feel guilty.

Thank you very much.

1 minute ago, hikmatshiraliyev said:

I somewhat neglected him during difficult times, and as a result, I feel guilty.

It’s not your fault

you have nothing to do with it in any way shape or form nor could you have stopped it

RiP

I’m sending you my heartfelt strength and support💓

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞.
𝐈𝐭’𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡, 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞. 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

Grief and guilt are heavy burdens to carry. Please know that it's okay to feel how you’re feeling, and seeking closure is a natural part of the grieving process. Take care of yourself during this difficult time. Your feelings are valid, and it’s important to be gentle with yourself as you navigate through this.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞.
𝐈𝐭’𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡, 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞. 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

I told him everything he can do.He thought fibromyalgia is incurable but it's not incurable. I have personally witnessed how it can be cured. Unfortunately he didn't believe me.

I think he was also mentally ill, so this would need to be addressed too. Fibromyalgia comes rarely alone.

I hope you get better and allow yourself to experience happiness and self-love again.

@OBEler

He had OCD.

For several years, he suffered from various obsessions. Medication therapy did not work for him, nor did talk therapy. Recently, he had been carrying a heavy load, which caused his hernia to worsen. Then, this fibromyalgia obsession began. Fibromyalgia was not diagnosed; it was a major obsession.

I recently saw and read the post in which you were writing to each other. Did you also chat in person?

Posted (edited)

@hikmatshiraliyev no but what he describes is 100% fibromyalgia. How do you know it was not diagnosed? He didn't wrote that he never got diagnosed with fibromyalgia.

Edited by OBEler

@OBEler

I'm not saying that he didn't have fibromyalgia. It just wasn't diagnosed by a doctor. Maybe he really had it.

Once he wrote to me:

"You know, the problem isn't fibromyalgia. I don't have severe pain or anything like that, just discomfort. The main problem is my obsession with the fact that I've ruined my life."

I'm sorry man. I hope you find peace. Be aware of the narrative you're telling yourself about your role in his suicide. ALL depends on what you're telling yourself. All of your emotions. It's not your fault.

23 minutes ago, hikmatshiraliyev said:

@OBEler

I'm not saying that he didn't have fibromyalgia. It just wasn't diagnosed by a doctor. Maybe he really had it.

Once he wrote to me:

"You know, the problem isn't fibromyalgia. I don't have severe pain or anything like that, just discomfort. The main problem is my obsession with the fact that I've ruined my life."

@hikmatshiraliyev you were saying that he was not diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Where do you have this information.

@OBEler He told me that himself.

The doctors mentioned 'hernia,' 'protrusion,' etc.

Then he started researching his symptoms on Reddit and decided that he has fibromyalgia.

Based on the comments on Reddit, he also concluded that fibromyalgia has no cure.

RIP.

Very bad news.  I'm actually in tears right now . He was suffering immensely.  I remember his last post asking about his disease. 

I hope he is in a better place right now .

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

24 minutes ago, hikmatshiraliyev said:

@OBEler He told me that himself.

The doctors mentioned 'hernia,' 'protrusion,' etc.

Then he started researching his symptoms on Reddit and decided that he has fibromyalgia.

Based on the comments on Reddit, he also concluded that fibromyalgia has no cure.

I told him everything directly that fibromyalgia is curable and I have personal proof and these are the methods. I could have teached him everything what helped how to cure this bundle of symptoms.

However like he said: Fibromyalgia was never his real problem. He was even not interested how to cure it (maybe also because he thought it's not curable). He was probably mentally ill.

Posted (edited)

Sorry to hear that.

It's hard to know how to help if they got a bad case of bad health or mental illness. It's not something a few text messages can fix.

Chronic health issues take a heavy toll on the mind and mood if they last for years with no efforts panning out.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@OBEler

Although I don't like that he is being labeled as mentally ill, that is the main reason why he committed suicide.

He was one of the most rational and intelligent people I have ever seen.

Except when it came to his obsessions—he was very stubborn and insisted that these were not obsessions but real, objective problems.

But in any case, thank you for sharing this. I really appreciate that you wanted to help him.

This is so heartbreaking.  

I am sorry for your loss.  
You seem to be a good and caring friend, regardless.

May he rest in peace.

👽

Didn't know him; but sorry to hear. Condolences to you and his friends and family.

Know thyself....

30 minutes ago, hikmatshiraliyev said:

I don't like that he is being labeled as mentally ill,

Well, I didn't know anything about him.

You knew him best it seems. Did he have mental health issues?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.