271 posts in this topic

Meaning is based on the context.

Where would that fit here again ? 4/5 or 5/6

the 9 stages of ego development.png

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, Sandroew said:

Where would that fit here again ? 4/5 or 5/6

That's such a simple insight that one should be able to get it at 4/5.

But you should not be categorizing individual statements into stages. These stages represent holistic worldviews, not single phrases or insights. These stage apply to a human mind as a whole.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

49 minutes ago, Sandroew said:

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That's such a simple insight that one should be able to get it at 4/5.

I've even noticed that people can fake being post-conventional.

I've met people who are certainly conventional who present post-conventional, but as soon as things don't go their way they demonize and use black-and-white thinking behind closed doors. Sneaky...

So definitely don't peg someone at one stage even just going by how they talk. How they act and strategize is an even better indicator.

Edited by Staples

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But you should not be categorizing individual statements into stages. These stages represent holistic worldviews, not single phrases or insights. These stage apply to a human mind as a whole.

I just thought that summarizes nicely what i know about post-modernism. So people with a post-modern worldview would probably fall into the category of post-conventional development or there is not that strong correlation there ?

6 minutes ago, Staples said:

I've even noticed that people can fake being post-conventional.

There is also that people can have different level of understandings in different topics. Its not easy to have a nuanced opinion about every topic even if you have the right mindset. Thats why being aware of self deception is so important

Nice, I'm very excited to learn more about postmodernism. I just know the basics, particularly on their stances on Truth. (Which I consider an evolution from the past but still horribly crude)

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Relativity is a separate video.

How are you gonna explain postmodernism without deeply addressing Relativity? I'm no expert but how is that gonna fly?

As far as I know they claim Truth is relative and interpreted by the human mind. Which is a considerable remark in the human affairs and epistemology. Although totally gaslighting the possibility for Absolute Knowing or Absolute Consciousness of Reality as it is or Truth.

This is what I expect you to be talking about how they are bullshiting about Truth. Such positions kill the philosophical spirit and limit the mind to a bigger fish tank than it was previously trapped in, without meta awareness of paradigm lock or higher consciousness. 

I'm sure postmodernism has great things in other areas. I just researched it regarding my interests, which is Truth and holistic understanding.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The new video is very comprehensive. It addresses all the limits and all the truths.

The old video is not good enough.

Currently re-watching your first Postmodernism episode.

How different is this new one going to be?
Is it like a sequel or a complete remake? So to speak.

Leo's old video on post-modernism, for anyone curious.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

I want to know what post-post modernism is. 

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, enchanted said:

I want to know what post-post modernism is. 

Edited by Keryo Koffa

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

15 hours ago, MarioGabrielJ said:

Make the video 5 hours long.

And 5 part series

In a philosophical sense am not very post-modernist savy, although I might be propagating it and strongly believing in it, but I do like the art that it makes.

6 hours ago, Davino said:

How are you gonna explain postmodernism without deeply addressing Relativity? I'm no expert but how is that gonna fly?

I already have a video on Relativism.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Where is Part 2?

;)

16 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

Where is Part 2?

;)

That's in the works.

Posted (edited)

50 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Oh true, my bad. I'm aware of it.

I've been checking and the episode relative VS absolute Truth may come in handy also.

Has post modernism discovered absolute truth? Or just discovered past humans were absolutizing the relative and denied such possibility?

Edited by Davino

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

3 minutes ago, Davino said:

Has post modernism discovered absolute truth?

PM rejects absolute truth.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

PM rejects absolute truth.

Hope you leave no stone unturned about that;)

I'm also interested in their good discoverings regarding relative human stuff. I know you talked about PM great contribution in the understanding and limits of language. I'm very interested on that also, as a personal bias of mine.

@Leo Gura i mean isn't pm saying that reality is relative, and isn't the absolute truth just that, that reality is absolutely relative ?

44 minutes ago, Majed said:

@Leo Gura i mean isn't pm saying that reality is relative, and isn't the absolute truth just that, that reality is absolutely relative ?

There are important differences, which I will explain in the videon

What questions do you guys have about PM that you would like me to answer in the video?