Chadders

Travelling for personal development

28 posts in this topic

Reflecting on my situation recently with my job and business. If by the end of the year we don’t get investment I will be selling my shares. Hopefully I’ll get between 50-60k

Job wise I’ve had it with the corporate world. Corporate jobs are just fucking bullshit to me now. I’m at the end of the road and I’m not going back. Rather be a teacher 

All being well we will get investment but if not I want to go travelling. Get a fresh start and new outlook. Develop in areas of my life that I’ve neglected. I got sucked into the corporate machine  

Does anyone here have any advice for travelling? Considerations? Anything worth looking into? 

Bless

Just go to mostly hostels i guess

and when you need some alone time go to an airbnb or hotel

you can also go to places with psychedelic or yoga retreats

go wherever you want

asia, americas, europe, africa whatever

it doesn’t really matter

Posted (edited)

Van life is a thing. Research it on YT.

I once met a Buddhist monk who quit his Wall Street job and traveled around the country in his van doing martial arts and massage therapy.

He had a bed and a tiny kitchen in his van.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Totally up to you and your values.

Personally travelling interests me very little. People think I'm crazy when I express little desire to travel, but that's just the social matrix trying to worm into my brain.

Travelling carries a huge cost, make sure you're travelling for the right reasons if you do decide to pursue it.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Van life is a thing. Research it on YT.

I once met a Buddhist monk who quit his Wall Street job and traveled around the country in his van doing martial arts and massage therapy.

He had a bed and a tiny kitchen in his van.

Is this Jeff from RSD?

49 minutes ago, AION said:

Is this Jeff from RSD?

Lol. No

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 hours ago, integration journey said:

I really want to visit Malaysia 

why malaysia?

3 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

why malaysia?

I want to start traveling and it seems like a great country to start traveling for beginners. 

@Chadders DONT buy into bullshits sold by self help gurus .  dont ditch your job . look into a book called getting things done by david allen and grind your way through life

12 minutes ago, integration journey said:

I want to start traveling and it seems like a great country to start traveling for beginners. 

I mean maybe

i didn’t care that much for malaysia compared to some other places but i was only there a short time

the food was great

8 minutes ago, Ramanujan said:

@Chadders DONT buy into bullshits sold by self help gurus .  dont ditch your job . look into a book called getting things done by david allen and grind your way through life

what no. Ditch your job

drop  in and drop out

19 minutes ago, PurpleTree said:

I mean maybe

i didn’t care that much for malaysia compared to some other places but i was only there a short time

the food was great

What countries did you like the most? My ultimate goal is to visit Nepal and maybe India but I want to visit other “easier” countries first so I can see how everything work. 

4 hours ago, PurpleTree said:

why malaysia?

Because it's less expansive, that it sounds exotic, and that he may have a kink for asian women 🤫

The devil is in the details.

22 minutes ago, integration journey said:

What countries did you like the most? My ultimate goal is to visit Nepal and maybe India but I want to visit other “easier” countries first so I can see how everything work. 

I like most countries i’ve been to

india, japan, vietnam, thailand, colombia, guatemala, mexico, israel etc were all fun

australia is great but a bit far and expensive 

nepal is also on my list

in some of those countries i’ve spent months

and i’m from europe so i also often trvel here and love many european countries

5 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Because it's less expansive, that it sounds exotic, and that he may have a kink for asian women 🤫

malaysia is mostly muslim so quite restrictive in some ways

@PurpleTree Yeh I think staying in hostels is how I’m going to do it. Need that social element. I’ll be travelling alone but I want to meet new people

@Leo Gura Van life sounds cool. I’ve seen some videos of people doing this in the Uk though it’s not easy as the laws are very strict. Can’t just rock up to a nature reserve and camp out in a van. Everything is private land and the road laws don’t permit overnight parking 

As for travelling around the world in a van maybe in the future I’d commit to that! I’ve never done actual travelling other than the odd holiday here and there so hostels I’ll start with

1 hour ago, Chadders said:

@Ramanujan Lol I’ve done enough grinding

There is no way to escape the rat race

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, Ramanujan said:

There is no way to escape the rat race

You have so many limiting beliefs. Please don't infect others with them. You ask about books all the time but maybe start to educate yourself about the nature of Reality and how the Universe works. How the mind works and how we have the power to change our circumstances. There's no outside world and it's all within us. It's all energetic and your emotions are energy in motion and the Universe is adapting to you depending on your state of being. Don't focus on the outside world look within. There's no escaping the rat race is simply a belief.

You will say you were born in a Thirld World country and how things are and so on and do forth. Doesn't matter. The Universe is unlimited and there are infinite potentials and possibilities.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....