questionreality

Zuckerberg Admits White House Pressured Facebook to Censor COVID-19 Content

51 posts in this topic

https://apnews.com/article/meta-platforms-mark-zuckerberg-biden-facebook-covid19-463ac6e125b0d004b16c7943633673fc

A lot of the leftists denied that this was happening, including many on this forum. 

This is why it's so important to have a balanced perspective, otherwise you will end up in either of the left/right bubbles and in turn be completely blind to what is going on.

The fact that this happened should be alarming and disturbing to anyone, regardless of where you are on the political spectrum. 

Of course gov puts pressure on large social media corporations because there is so much harmful disinfo happening on their platforms.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course gov puts pressure on large social media corporations because there is so much harmful disinfo happening on their platforms.

Such "harmful info" included the idea that the virus came from a lab, how ineffective the masks actually were (proven later), and any other questions that people had, that did not go along with the narrative that was being pushed.

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, questionreality said:

Such "harmful info" included the idea that the virus came from a lab, how ineffective the masks actually were (proven later), and any other questions that people had, that did not go along with the narrative that was being pushed.

Yes, of course!!

Welcome to survival.

You treat society as some kind of silly game. It's life and death. You don't understand that yet.

Edited by Leo Gura

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, of course!!

Welcome to survival.

You treat society as some kind of silly game. It's life and death. You don't understand that yet.

I do understand what is survival and it is not relevant to what we are talking about here. 

I find it hilarious how you use these meta-justifications to excuse censorship. 

I bet 3-4 years back though when it was happening, you probably denied that there was any censorship from the government going on in the first place.

Your bias is way too obvious, I expect you to be way more balanced and neutral when it comes to these topics.

It would be very wise to contemplate why governments censor people.

12 minutes ago, aurum said:

It would be very wise to contemplate why governments censor people.

I'd be curious for an answer if you have one.

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, questionreality said:

I do understand what is survival and it is not relevant to what we are talking about here. 

It is most relevant.

I find it hilarious how you use these meta-justifications to excuse censorship. 

I am dead serious.

I appreciate the costs of being in society. You, on the otherhand, have a childish, self-absorbed understanding of society.

Edited by Leo Gura

53 minutes ago, questionreality said:

The question for me arises why government censored these facts, especially about ineffectiveness on masks. Does someone know the answer?

22 minutes ago, What Am I said:

I'd be curious for an answer if you have one.

But that wouldn’t be contemplation ;).

Just think about it. Set aside any anti-censorship bias you might have and put yourself in the shoes of a government official.

Posted (edited)

Of course government does overreach at times. That's biz as usual. Gov is recording all your phone calls right now.

Are we in serious danger of losing free speech in America? Not even close.

Edited by Leo Gura

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I appreciate the costs of being in society. You, on the otherhand, have a childish, self-absorbed understanding of society.

Typical narcissistic response of yours - " You don't understand X, you don't understand Y, but I do".

You keep denying that you are a narcissist - but you clearly are one. 

We clearly have different values in this case and instead of agreeing to disagree, you insist that I don't understand, because in your mind you can't be wrong. 

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, questionreality said:

You keep denying that you are a narcissist

I literally am not.

But I do speak in provocative ways.

You can call me egotistical if you like. Sometimes I am.

Edited by Leo Gura

17 minutes ago, aurum said:

But that wouldn’t be contemplation ;).

Just think about it. Set aside any anti-censorship bias you might have and put yourself in the shoes of a government official.

I suppose on a fundamental level, it would be that the communicated ideas in question have the potential to spread and lead to action, and the censoring side would prefer that action to not occur.

So the government official in this example wants to effect a certain outcome, and they're removing obstacles towards that end.

It's understandable that they'd want to do that, because we all would like our goals to be accomplished with the greatest level of ease. I think the real argument here is in the limiting factors of allowed censorship. I admit, I'm not educated enough in this area to determine when the line has been crossed. And "free speech" has become such a polarizing topic, everyone is just going to dig in at the mere mention of the words.

14 minutes ago, What Am I said:

I suppose on a fundamental level, it would be that the communicated ideas in question have the potential to spread and lead to action, and the censoring side would prefer that action to not occur.

So the government official in this example wants to effect a certain outcome, and they're removing obstacles towards that end.

It's understandable that they'd want to do that, because we all would like our goals to be accomplished with the greatest level of ease.

I would keep digging on this.

14 minutes ago, What Am I said:

I admit, I'm not educated enough in this area to determine when the line has been crossed. And "free speech" has become such a polarizing topic, everyone is just going to dig in at the mere mention of the words.

Yes those are two of the biggest challenges.

The issue of censorship is a dynamic question with a moving answer. There's no static "right amount" of free speech or censorship.

Posted (edited)

59 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I literally am not.

But I do speak in provocative ways.

You can call me egotistical if you like. Sometimes I am.

There are actually 7 to 10 forms of narcissism out there (depending on how you want to group them).

The way that you speak and what you have said over the years, clearly shows otherwise.

Why do you so often tell others that you have intellectual superiority over them? 

Edited by questionreality

18 minutes ago, questionreality said:

Why do you so often tell others that you have intellectual superiority over them? 

Maybe cause it's true?

Something to consider.

Then again, I don't claim to be above self-deception.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Of course government does overreach at times. That's biz as usual. Gov is recording all your phone calls right now.

Are we in serious danger of losing free speech in America? Not even close.

But you’ve been saying Trump is going to end democracy? If governments have free reign to shut down speech so would a trump like figure if they get in office.

6 hours ago, questionreality said:

https://apnews.com/article/meta-platforms-mark-zuckerberg-biden-facebook-covid19-463ac6e125b0d004b16c7943633673fc

A lot of the leftists denied that this was happening, including many on this forum. 

This is why it's so important to have a balanced perspective, otherwise you will end up in either of the left/right bubbles and in turn be completely blind to what is going on.

The fact that this happened should be alarming and disturbing to anyone, regardless of where you are on the political spectrum. 

Ya trying to get out a cohesive message for the benefit of society what a horrible thing

Posted (edited)

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Maybe cause it's true?

Something to consider.

This proves my point.

Weather if it's true or not - is not actually relevant. 

People who are not narcissists and happen to also be very wise, don't need to do so. 

Something to consider.

Edited by questionreality