Ajay0

Thread dedicated to reincarnation articles, research papers and books

17 posts in this topic

With everyone's blessings and guidance, I would like to create a thread dedicated to showcasing articles and books on reincarnation/rebirth case studies so that people can judge for themselves whether reincarnation has a basis in fact or not.

In India I have come across a couple of reincarnation case studies in newspapers and acquaintances, which helped to keep an interest in this subject. After accessing the internet, I found to my surprise that there are similar cases in the West even though there are no teachings of reincarnation in its dominant religions and belief systems.

Here is an insightful article about a young boy named James Leininger remembering his past life as a fighter pilot in the second world war and who died after his plane crashed into the ocean.

https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual-studies/wp-content/uploads/sites/360/2017/04/REI42-Tucker-James-LeiningerPIIS1550830716000331.pdf

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1209795/Reincarnated-Our-son-World-War-II-pilot-come-life.html

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1550830716000331

Self-awareness is yoga. - Nisargadatta

Awareness is the great non-conceptual perfection. - Dzogchen

Evil is an extreme manifestation of human unconsciousness. - Eckhart Tole

"I Have Lived Before": The True Story of the Reincarnation of Shanti Devi.

This is the first known book on reincarnation based on the recollections of a little girl named Shanti Devi (1926-1987) in Delhi, India, who claimed to remember a past life as a wife and mother in a different region of India.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanti_Devi

https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual-studies/wp-content/uploads/sites/360/2016/12/STE1.pdf

Shanti Devi persistently pleaded to her parents to let her go to the region mentioned (Mathura) and once even ran away from home at age of six to reach Mathura.

When Mahatma Gandhi heard about the case he set up a commission of 15 prominent people, including parliamentarians, national leaders, and members from the media, to study the case. He also invited Shanti Devi to his ashram.

The committee was instrumental in persuading her reluctant parents to allow Shanti Devi to go to Mathura with them. Upon reaching the place she was able to remember minute details of the place and her past life family, though she was seeing the place for the first time in her young life. A brief article on her life by Dr. K.S. Rawat can be found in this below link.

https://www.carolbowman.com/dr-ian-stevenson/case-shanti-devi/

Sture Lonnerstrand, a Swedish critic, came all the way from Sweden to expose the “fake,” as he thought it to be, but after investigation wrote, “This is the only fully explained and proven case of reincarnation there has been."

A book about her was published by Sture Lonnerstrand in 1994, and the english translation appeared in 1998 titled, "I Have Lived Before: The True Story of the Reincarnation of Shanti Devi".

She was also interviewed by Dr. Ian Stevenson who stated, “I also interviewed Shanti Devi, her father, and other pertinent witnesses, including Kedarnath, the husband claimed in her previous life. My research indicates that she made at least 24 statements of her memories that matched the verified facts.”

10 year old boy named Ryan recalls past life as Hollywood actor and agent Marty Martyn...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/10-year-old-boy-says-784090/

https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/boy-says-he-remembers-past-life-hollywood-agent-n327506

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/world-news/boy-believes-reincarnated-chilling-perfect-28761843

It is reported that he has chilling vivid memories of living in Hollywood during the 1940s. According to The Sun, he even explained in detail how he died, claiming he remembered his heart "exploding" and then going towards a light.

The boy, who was born in 2004, told his parents, a county deputy clerk and a police officer that he was in Hollywood when his heart exploded. He would often wake up in the night clutching his chest or shouting "action" in his dreams.

Ryan also once asked his mother to take him to Hollywood to visit his "other family" and made claims of owning a Rolls Royce.

One evening, he even told his mum that when someone dies, they need to go towards the light to make it into the afterlife.

In an effort to prove that Ryan had been reincarnated, a documentary crew who had heard about the youngster set up a meeting between Ryan and Marty's daughter.

When the pair met, Ryan was confused as to why the woman was no longer a girl and they toured a number of places in Los Angeles that were associated with the former movie star. On the trip, Marty's daughter confirmed a number of the child's wild claims.

Dead thirteen year old teenager comes home after eight years as an eight year old Indian boy claiming he had a rebirth...

https://www.ibtimes.com/dead-teenager-returns-home-after-8-years-claims-he-had-rebirth-3277864

https://www.indiatoday.in/india/story/uttar-pradesh-boy-who-died-eight-years-ago-claims-he-had-a-rebirth-1843294-2021-08-20

Rohit Kumar, the thirteen-year-old son of Pramod Kumar from Nagla Salehi village in Uttar Pradesh's Mainpuri district, had died on May 4, 2013, drowning in a canal near Kanpur while taking a bath.

On August 19,2021, Chandraveer alias Chotu, eight year old son of Ramnaresh Shankhwar, a resident of the nearby village, Nagla Amar Singh, came to Pramod Kumar and said he was his son Rohit in previous birth.

He claimed he had a rebirth and identified Pramod and Usha Devi as his parents.

On meeting his 'previous' family, Chandraveer, started narrating stories from his previous birth. He also identified his sister.

Enthralled by his reincarnation stories, villagers soon gathered at Pramod's place to listen to Chandraveer's tales.

Meanwhile, when Subhash Chandra Yadav, the headmaster of the village's former secondary school, stopped by, Chandraveer immediately identified him and touched his feet ( to show respect as per Indian tradition) and said, "This is Subhash, sir," .

Villagers took Chandraveer to the same school where Rohit studied earlier. Teachers asked him questions that Rohit could have answered.Surprisingly, Chandraveer answered them correctly, according to the report.

Chandraveer's father Shankhwar said his son would always talk about reincarnation since childhood and insisted on coming to Nagla Salehi.

They feared losing him and consequently avoided bringing him to the village till then.

Eventually, he said he felt helpless before the child's insistence and took him to Pramod's house.

Articles on twin sisters Gillian and Jennifer Pollock, whose family were convinced were the reincarnation of tragic siblings Joanna and Jacqueline who had died in a car crash a year back.

Dr. Ian Stevenson studied the case and included it in his book titled “Children Who Remember Previous Lives: A Question of Reincarnation.” It was his research into 14 different cases involving reincarnation of children. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/twin-sisters-who-family-were-27568945

The case for reincarnation was made compelling by the appearance of similar birthmarks between one of the twins, Gillian, and one of the dead sisters, Joanna. Both had a darker patch of skin, the size and shape of a thumbprint, on their hips.

In addition, the other twin, Jennifer, had a birthmark on her forehead that resembled a scar Jacqueline had received from a fall in 1954.

Similarly, despite being identical twins, there were other physical differences that made them look less like each other and more similar to one of their dead sisters that they’d never had the chance to meet.

Where Gillian’s gait was splay-footed, again like Joanna, Jennifer’s was ordinary just like Jacqueline.

However, the case for reincarnation is not merely physical. When Florence brought down the family's old toys from the attack, the girls automatically approached different toys without arguing or hesitation.

Gillian took Joanna’s favourite toys while Jennifer picked out Jacqueline’s. They were even able to identify which toys had been gifted to each sister by Father Christmas.

https://www.newsbreak.com/nik-1590556/2837260208621

John Pollock was convinced by that his twin daughters were reincarnations of his two previously deceased daughters. His wife Florence, who was initially skeptical, began to believe this theory as well, particularly when the twins would talk about the accident. This was an accident they were never told about. In many ways, this shared belief helped the grieving parents to forward and start to heal in their trauma.

The twins were featured in many studies of reincarnation. Some scientists believed that these strange coincidences could be explained by the fact that their mother Florence was still grieving when they were conceived and developing in the womb, therefore she may have left an imprint on them, giving them similar features and birthmarks. This in itself is a really interesting concept to consider, even if you don’t believe in reincarnation. The idea is that the mother can really shape who her unborn children will be based on how they’re feeling or what they’re thinking.

A Lebanese-American lady's account of her sister Heba's past life memories ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/30/well/family/sisters-past-life.html

She was just 3 years old when she first declared that her name was Nada, and pretended to prepare sandwiches for her “husband,” Amin, to enjoy when he came home from work.

When my mother mentioned this, a friend said she knew of a woman named Nada who used to live a half-hour drive from our town. Nada had died, but had been married to a man named Amin. A few days later, Nada’s mother and sister knocked on our door and said they had heard about Heba. (Word gets around in small villages.) They asked if Heba would visit their home to see if she could recognize anything, maybe Nada’s room or her favorite nook. Out of politeness, my mother warily agreed.

At the house, Heba asked about an older woman who used to sit in a corner in one of the bedrooms. She must have been referring to Nada’s grandmother, who had since died, the family said. Heba also recognized Nada’s bedroom and remembered how she loved spending time in the family’s garden. They took those clues as confirmation that my sister had memories from Nada’s life.

Insightful article of a Caucasian five year boy recalling past life as an African-American woman who had died in a fire related accident.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/soul/luke-ruehlman-two-i-was-a-woman-called-pam-in-a-past-life/news-story/1cfccabc24a565ea6c12b8652d01614f

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/20153400/boy-reincarnated-woman-killed-hotel-fire/

https://guardian.ng/features/focus/five-year-old-recalls-past-life/

The account of the five-year old boy reads: “Little Luke Ruehlman, 5, spooked his parents at age 2 when he began incessantly insisting that he used to live a previous life as an African-American woman called Pam Robinson who jumped to her death to escape the flames inside Paxton Hotel in Chicago.

“His mother, Erika, said the five-year-old had started to scare her a little after he began speaking about a woman she had never heard of named Pam. After questioning her young son about the random woman to find out who she was, Luke revealed the starling truth about his alleged past life.

“Luke’s family, who live in Cincinnati, Ohio, said their son told them he travelled by train in Chicago despite them never taking him there, reports The Sun. Erika decided to research the bizarre claims and was shocked to find out that Pam was named one of 19 victims who died from the fire in 1993. Luke recalled eerie details about how he tried to escape the burning building and spoke about the moment he ‘met God.’ Erika says he also speaks about other moments that he ‘remembered’ from his past life. ‘He used to say, “When I was a girl, I had black hair” or he would say, ‘I used to have earrings like that when I was a girl,’ she said.

“Producers of paranormal investigations TV show ‘The Ghost Inside My Child’ have also delved into Luke’s case. During the show, the little boy was shown a page of pictures of different black women aged in their 30s and was asked to find the late Pam Robinson. Surprisingly, he was able to pick her out within the first go, according to the footage.

“Following the creepy development, Luke’s mum decided to reach out to Pam’s family. She said they described her personality and it revealed shocking similarities between Pam and Luke, such as their love for Steve Wonder and playing on the keyboard.”

Erika had told Fox 8 television: ‘‘He turned to me and said, “Well I was.” ‘(He said) “Well, I used to be, but I died and I went up to heaven. I saw God and then eventually, God pushed me back down and I was a baby and you named me Luke.”

Review article on a book by a skeptical police detective exploring his past life as a painter through regressive hypnosis and his detailed investigation afterwards.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/379092-thread-dedicated-to-reincarnation-articles-research-papers-and-books/page/2/#comments

Police Detective Robert L. Snow had never given much thought to reincarnation and past lives; it wasn’t within his frame of reference. His life was concrete and dealt with only what could be proven. However, a friend challenged him to test his beliefs and recommended a psychologist for regressive hypnosis.

When Snow regressed to his life as the painter, J. Carroll Beckwith, he found the experience so vivid and realistic he began to question what it was. Convinced it was all his imagination, Snow was determined to find a “logical” explanation for what he had experienced. Using police investigative techniques, he embarked on a quest to disprove the evidence in his regressions. However, he was unable to ignore the fact that he may have “experienced something tremendously profound and important.”

Carroll Beckwith was a moderately known late 19th to early 20th century painter who lived in New York and Paris. Snow’s search for Beckwith’s paintings and information on his life was long and tedious as there is no central registry of paintings in the U.S. and Beckwith’s work had not been exhibited since 1911. His step by step investigation took him thousands of miles away from home and through reams of papers and books, including 15,000 pages of Beckwith’s diaries. Instead of disproving his experience, Snow verified 26 of 28 facts in his regressions.

Snow says: “I have recently accomplished something no one has ever accomplished before. I have uncovered evidence that proves beyond a doubt the existence of a past life. The evidence I have uncovered in this two year investigation is so overwhelming that if it had been a criminal case there would be no plea bargaining. A conviction would be assured.”

5 year old Japanese boy recalls past life as Thai police officer.

https://thethaiger.com/news/world/5-year-old-japanese-boy-recalls-past-life-as-thai-police-officer#google_vignette

According to the translation of the research posted on Working Along, Naoto’s mother revealed that her son told her that he remembered his previous life as a Thai citizen. She asked him questions about it and he could narrate the story very clearly and vividly. She was worried about him and decided to seek suggestions from Ohkada.

The boy claimed that he was born on January 2, 1901, in the northern province of Lampang. His name was Pijo/Picha, and his nickname was Gao. His family raised elephants, goats, and horses.

He also mentioned that he was a Thai police officer with a commissioner rank. He served in the position during World War II. He claimed that he knew former police officers such as the former Director of the Police Department named Sawai Saenyakorn, Phao Siyanon, and Gustave Schau.

Naoto stated that he died on duty while he chased after a thief on a boat. His boat crashed into a rock and capsized and he drowned. He also explained how he was reborn saying that he chose to be born to his present mother in Japan.

The research report added that Naoto spoke some words similar to the Thai language, such as “Pon Tam Eg,” which might come from “Pon Tam Ruat Eg” in Thai. The word means police general.

An interesting and insightful article about an Englishman reliving his past life as an Ecuadorian girl named Lisbet Guerrera, who died in a volcanic explosion in Ecuador.

https://chrisriches.tripod.com/

From as far back as I can recall, I had very unusual and disturbing dreams. These dreams played like a movie in my mind, they were exactly the same every time I had them, very real, very vivid, I was aware of all my senses, I could see, feel, hear, smell, touch....as if I was awake and actually experiencing everything as if it was really happening.

In this nightmare, I always find myself running for my life from an erupting volcano. The odd thing about all of this to me, is that I am not myself in these nightmares, I am not even a little boy, in the dreams I am always a little girl, and not just in my appearance. I feel like a little girl, I think, act, and look like a little girl. I became very confused, why was I a girl in my dreams? And why did it feel perfectly normal to be a girl, when I wasn't? I convinced myself that there was something wrong with me, therefore I kept everything to myself and never uttered a word about it to anyone out of fear of being ridiculed.

The thing is, how do you know that these past lives are "real"? What if it is a trick of the mind?

I think it is coherence and extensive details that gives a story credibility but still the mind is a tricky beast.

I was tripping once on some dissociatves plus 4 ho met and my mind tried to create a back story that I was sexually abused by some kids and I forgot that. Of course it is not true.

Edited by LSD-Rumi

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

A book of Dr. Ian Stevenson,M.D.,' Twenty Cases Suggestive of Reincarnation ' in pdf format.

https://www.futureofmankind.co.uk/w/images/1/1b/Twenty_Cases_Suggestive_of_Reincarnation.pdf

Dr. Ian Stevenson was a Canadian-born U.S. psychiatrist. He worked for the University of Virginia School of Medicine, for fifty years, as chair of the department of psychiatry from 1957 to 1967, Carlson Professor of Psychiatry from 1967 to 2001, and Research Professor of Psychiatry from 2002 until his death.

News article of a minor boy claiming to be reincarnation of his maternal grandfather...

https://www.etvbharat.com/english/state/uttar-pradesh/up-minor-boy-says-hes-reincarnation-of-maternal-grandfather-calls-grandmother-his-wife-in-mainpuri/na20230617162423057057184

At his grandmother's house, Aryan while touching grandmother's feet, he said that “you are my wife, not grandmother”-. Aryan started calling himself Manoj Mishra. It is said that Aryan told his mother Ranjana that she was his daughter and not his mother. Besides, Aryan further claimed that both his maternal uncles Ajay and Anuj as his sons.

Seeing both the maternal uncles, Aryan started crying bitterly. Aryan claimed that in his “previous birth” he had gone to water the field, when a poisonous snake had bitten him due to which he had died. Aryan said that he had deposited money in the bank account. Soon after the development came to light, a large number of people reached the Aryan's maternal home.

An insightful article of a 3-yr-old Syrian boy who recalled a past life as a murder victim and solving his past life murder...

https://en.brilio.net/viral/video-a-3-year-old-boy-recalled-past-life-and-solved-his-own-murder-160523o.html

https://www.healinglight.co.za/3-year-old-remembers-past-life/

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/asia/story/3-year-old-remembers-past-life-identifies-killer-location-of-body-193650-2014-05-20

Locals told the elders that the man who the boy was claiming to be had gone missing four years earlier. When asked, the boy also remembered the full name of his killer. When the alleged killer was confronted, his face turned white, but he did not admit to murder.

The boy then took the elders to where the body was buried and in that very spot, they found a man's skeleton with a wound to the head that corresponded with the boy's birthmark. They also recovered the axe with which he had been killed.

Faced with the evidence, the killer then admitted to the crime.

The boy's full story has been documented in the book, "Children Who Have Lived Before: Reincarnation Today" by German therapist Trutz Hardo.

A Scottish child's account of his past life...

https://psi-encyclopedia.spr.ac.uk/articles/cameron-macauley-reincarnation-case

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13529335/Children-past-lives-reincarnation.html

https://www.jpost.com/health-and-wellness/mind-and-spirit/article-759050

At the tender age of two, Cameron Macauley began narrating vivid tales of his previous life on Scotland's distant Barra Island, located in the Outer Hebrides. Astonishingly, neither Cameron nor his family had ever set foot on this remote island.

Cameron's obsession with his past life grew so he would weep in his room, yearning for his "Barra mother" to return rather than Norma.

Norma was left perplexed and troubled by this.

Tucker decided to accompany Norma and Cameron on a journey to Barra. As they landed on the sandy shores that had so vividly featured in Cameron's memories, the young boy turned to his mother and told her he was right and glad to be back on the island.

After consulting with a local historian on the island, Tucker and the Macauley family located the white bungalow by the beach where the Robertson family resided in the 1960s and 1970s. The precision of Cameron's description left them stunned.

Article on 7 year old fashion designer prodigy Max Alexander, who claims to be Gucci in a past life...

https://theblast.com/486416/max-alexander-is-making-a-name-for-himself-in-the-fashion-industry-at-just-7-years-old/

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/fashion/buzz/7-year-old-boy-goes-viral-for-saying-he-was-gucci-in-past-life/articleshow/100249093.cms?from=mdr

Max Alexander, a seven-year-old couture design prodigy has hit the headlines for claiming that he is the reincarnation of Guccio Gucci, the founder of Italian fashion house, Gucci.

Max's first collection was completed in Summer 2021 and culminated with the overwhelming success of his first runway show in Bel Air, California.

https://people.com/parents/boy-says-he-was-gucci-past-life-goes-viral-dressmaking-exclusive/

While most first-graders couldn't name the founder of Gucci — let alone know anything about him — 7-year-old Max Alexander believes he has a deep connection to the famed designer.

Max, a dressmaking prodigy who has been designing and creating clothes since he was 4 years old, tells PEOPLE he was Gucci in a past life. "I actually was," he says with confidence.

Max and his mom Sherri Madison recently chatted with PEOPLE about Max's impressive work as a dressmaker, which includes getting commissions from celebrities and selling his clothes around the world.

Madison says she didn't initially discover Max's design skills, and it wasn't until he announced his interest in dressmaking at 4 years old, that she noticed his talent. 

"I didn't notice. He told us. We were at dinner during the lockdown, and he just literally announced, 'I need a mannequin,' " she recalls. "He was very serious. No laughing. I was like, 'Okay, I've never seen you interested in fashion. What are you talking about?' He said, 'That's because I don't have a mannequin. If you get me a mannequin, I'll show you. I'm a dressmaker.' "

A UK man claims that a hypnosis session triggered vivid memories of his past life as an airplane photographer and gunner during World War One.

https://www.odditycentral.com/news/man-vividly-remembers-past-life-as-wwi-pilot.html

Steve Mulligan was born in 1961, in the city of Manchester, but also has very clear memories of growing up in Llandudno, Wales, in the beginning of the 20th century. He claims that he grew up as Sydney Sutcliffe, and died at the age of 24, after his plane was shut down on the Western Front during WWI. He always had these strange memories that played out in black and white, of him looking down from high up in the sky, but he could never really make sense of them. And then he went in for a hypnosis session and discovered that he was remembering his past life.

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/man-who-remembers-past-life-23285339?_ga=2.98106271.1691813718.1646987664-165519096.1635887531

Though he wasn't born until 1961, Steve claims to remembers his past-life in Llandudno as early as 1903 when he was Sydney Sutcliffe, son of Abraham "Arthur" Sutcliffe, an entertainer at Llandudno’s Pavilion Theatre.

Speaking to North Wales Live, Steve said: "Since my childhood I've always been drawn to Llandudno, even when I came here as a child I knew my way around and my mum used to be amazed at how I knew where to go.

"When we'd be walking round it was like I was having deja vu, like I'd been there before.

"It wasn't until someone suggested doing a past life regression that all of this came spilling out."