manuel bon

What is consciousness?

3 posts in this topic

Is consciousness reality, or does consciousness happen within reality?

Do not-living beings have a consciousness?

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, manuel bon said:

Is consciousness reality, or does consciousness happen within reality?

Do not-living beings have a consciousness?

Consciousness is on two levels..

1) How Aware and Awake/Alive You are in this present Moment.. Think of Waking State compared to Deep Sleep state, or being in a strange dark room then the lights come on, what is the difference?

2) Consciousness is the same as Absolute, Brahman/Shiva in Hinduism (That which is Not, the basis of Everything, what was there before the Big Bang, Grand Intelligence),,

As Humans we have the most ability to be Conscious (#1) of Reality (#2), compared to other Life forms, they are limited we are not.. Rocks are not Conscious, but they have Consciousness (#2) within them since they are a part of creation, all matter is a part of consciousness (#2) but not all of it is Alive and Dynamic and full of Potential Like Living things are, and Humans are the most evolved on the list in the Living things arena!

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

4 hours ago, Ishanga said:

Consciousness is on two levels..

1) How Aware and Awake/Alive You are in this present Moment.. Think of Waking State compared to Deep Sleep state, or being in a strange dark room then the lights come on, what is the difference?

2) Consciousness is the same as Absolute, Brahman/Shiva in Hinduism (That which is Not, the basis of Everything, what was there before the Big Bang, Grand Intelligence),,

As Humans we have the most ability to be Conscious (#1) of Reality (#2), compared to other Life forms, they are limited we are not.. Rocks are not Conscious, but they have Consciousness (#2) within them since they are a part of creation, all matter is a part of consciousness (#2) but not all of it is Alive and Dynamic and full of Potential Like Living things are, and Humans are the most evolved on the list in the Living things arena!

Ah I see. But then in this case the word "consciousness" has two different meanings, right? I mean, they're connected, but they are two different concepts.