Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldhandle

If I don't stop socializing, watching news, sports, Netflix instead of working on...

11 posts in this topic

...my life purpose business I will die unsuccessful. I will die having frittered my time on socializing, news, sports, Netflix, sexting with girls, all this petty human waste of time bullshit instead of putting in the time to build the business.

I bought the life purpose course. I watched the content twice, and read my notes. And still I waste time. I have to fucking make this business. 

I'm trying to scare myself that if I don't I will be haunted every night the rest of my life about what could have been. If I don't drop the other distractions and go all in on this, I will fucking ruin my life and be awash with regret the rest of my life. I have to get my shit together NOW.

what small, practical step can you take today?

Waking Call The Inspiration, Music and Perspective for an Authentic Life.

8 hours ago, Realms of Wonder said:

what small, practical step can you take today?

Every day I just need to brick by brick put time into my work instead of wasting it.

@oldhandle I feel like you'll get motivation to start the business after you start it. Kinda got to hold your feet against the fire.

6 hours ago, oldhandle said:

Every day I just need to brick by brick put time into my work instead of wasting it.

Like what? 

What specifically?

and did you do the action steps in the Life Purpose course? 

Waking Call The Inspiration, Music and Perspective for an Authentic Life.

Posted (edited)

stop trying and things will happen. lol. irony of the universe

Edited by emil1234

On 8/24/2024 at 9:21 PM, oldhandle said:

I bought the life purpose course. I watched the content twice, and read my notes. And still I waste time. I have to fucking make this business. 

And making a business is also a waste of time. If what I’m saying is the case, would you still do it?

Posted (edited)

55 minutes ago, Yimpa said:

And making a business is also a waste of time. If what I’m saying is the case, would you still do it?

was thinking excactly the same. time spent on anything that is not NOW is wasted

Edited by emil1234

As a food delivery driver, waiting on food orders is such a waste of time, but interacting with the waiters and waitresses is never a wasted opportunity. 

Posted (edited)

@oldhandle You have to prioritise what matters to you in life and commit to change. I can tell you starting a company is fucking hard as a director into one myself

When working on a business you will trade one for the other. Ironically I feel that the business has deprived me of the extroverted field of existence so I am now making up for that at 30 but this looks to be the opposite with yourself

The next 6 months are critical for me and the business. I have now made it clear that if we do not have the necessary investment by then I will be selling my stake in the company and moving on. Up to the universe what happens now not me

Edited by Chadders

@oldhandle Try to break down your tasks into clearly achievable objectives that helps big time to reduce procrastination IMO. Instead of having a vague "gotta work on my business today", break it down into chunks like e.g buy domain for landing page, create youtube channel, write one sales script, etc. I especially like the pomodoro method where it's goals in 30 min chunk and then you chill out for a bit then do another 30 min work block. 

If you have any kind of ADHD too then undefine tasks that stress you out will be the worst thing for your productivity. 

<3