Nemra

Do you hide from your ...

61 posts in this topic

... family, relatives, or partner that you are doing psychedelics?

Do you filter out people who would make a fuss about it?

I haven't tried psychedelics yet, but I know how they could react if I don't hide it effectively. I don't want to traumatize myself in the future.

It's radical for 99% of people where I'm from to think that spirituality isn't what they have been told about, especially that psychedelics could be used.

I tried to hide it but then my parents accidentally found it and threw it all away 👍🏻👍🏻

Posted (edited)

@Sugarcoat

I'm not afraid to have a confrontation (I'm not dependent money-wise on them). I just don't want to, as it's a source of drama and trauma.

Maybe it's not a good idea to sustain relationships with people who have a negative reaction towards psychedelics.

Edited by Nemra

I had a similar issue at the start, but over time, as I’ve used psychedelics for self-growth and awakenings, I’ve come to understand that I don’t want to depend on the opinions of others. Than, I realized that there are no others, it’s all just a reflection of myself.

The widespread acceptance of toxic substances like alcohol and sugar says a lot about the intelligence of our culture.

At this point, I’d rather distance myself from certain people, or even risk losing my job, than compromise my true self.

You also made a good point: it’s not wise to use psychedelics with worries in mind. It’s best to be as worry-free as possible before engaging in them.

Honoring the self I've grown to love.

Just now, Nemra said:

@Sugarcoat

I'm not afraid to have a confrontation (I'm not dependent money-wise on them). I just don't want to, as it's a source of drama.

Maybe it's not a good idea to sustain relationships with people who have a negative reaction towards psychedelics.

I understand you. I’m kinda dependent on them for now as I live with them so it’s not a good idea to have too much drama. 

yea I thought I personally wouldn’t wanna be with someone who is too against this stuff it wouldn’t fit 

I tried both. They're paradigm-locked, there's no point, it's useless, just doing my own thing at this point. 

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, shree said:

You also made a good point: it’s not wise to use psychedelics with worries in mind. It’s best to be as worry-free as possible before engaging in them.

I don't think I wrote about that in my post, but I agree with you. The abuse that I would have done could have been deadly if I had access a few years ago. I'm glad that I was poor and jobless at that time.

Edited by Nemra

@Keryo Koffa

I want to avoid future unnecessary negative psychological effects. That shit comes out of nowhere. It's like cancer.

Not really lol

« The bigger it is, the easier it goes. »

IMG_0464.jpeg

The devil is in the details.

55 minutes ago, Nemra said:

I don't want the drama and trauma.
It may not be a good idea to sustain relationships with people
who have a negative reaction towards psychedelics.

My trip-sitter was so annoying, made me jump out the window lol literally

43 minutes ago, Nemra said:

I want to avoid future unnecessary negative psychological effects. That shit comes out of nowhere. It's like cancer.

@Keryo Koffa @Schizophonia

I meant to avoid it in terms of relationships.

6 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:

My trip-sitter was so annoying, made me jump out the window lol literally

Oh. I hope you're well.

28 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

Not really lol

« The bigger it is, the easier it goes. »

IMG_0464.jpeg

I hope you get through it.

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Nemra said:

I meant to avoid it in terms of relationships.

Well, most people are so removed, they won't even know what you're talking about.
You can recontextualize trip awakenings as self-improvement, it's still truthful
Then it's just the question if you want to actively talk with them about it or not
I'm not sure if you wanna make it a whole lifestyle to find people to talk about to.
Or just deal with possible drama when talking about it in your current relationships.

8 minutes ago, Nemra said:

I hope you're well.

I was high enough to deconstruct any damage and reconstruct myself and reality from scratch, so 👍
And most damage wasn't even from the window fall, I just jumped off the top of a swing later, true story

Edited by Keryo Koffa

5 minutes ago, Nemra said:

I hope you get through it.

👍

The devil is in the details.

One thing that I learned from Julien Blanc is that there is a circle of relatability and a circle of authenticity, and you need to find the venn overlap in order to connect with someone while being true to yourself. Often we choose the most high stakes thing that is close to us and assume we have to show that first, in a dating context for example. That just makes us seem incredibly unrelatable because it's too much. People need to see our authenticity within a context they can understand until they know us well enough for our deeper authenticity to become relatable to them. If I would have led with my dark sense of humour too quickly I would have alienated several women I either dated or became friends with, but now I've seen them say shit that makes me blush. Our authenticity/relatability venn overlap is much bigger now that we've connected deeper. 

Point being, this is how you want to approach your parents. You don't need them to accept the fact that you're deconstructing and reconstructing your sense of self with the aid of a cult leader on youtube with a healthy dash of psychedelics. There are other things you can connect with that are true to you, but relatable to them. Overtime you can present your spiritual journey in terms that they can understand. Even if they never know the full extent of your life, you can still connect deeply and that's okay.

11 minutes ago, WillCameron said:

One thing that I learned from Julien Blanc is that there is a circle of relatability and a circle of authenticity, and you need to find the venn overlap in order to connect with someone while being true to yourself. Often we choose the most high stakes thing that is close to us and assume we have to show that first, in a dating context for example. That just makes us seem incredibly unrelatable because it's too much. People need to see our authenticity within a context they can understand until they know us well enough for our deeper authenticity to become relatable to them. If I would have led with my dark sense of humour too quickly I would have alienated several women I either dated or became friends with, but now I've seen them say shit that makes me blush. Our authenticity/relatability venn overlap is much bigger now that we've connected deeper. 

Point being, this is how you want to approach your parents. You don't need them to accept the fact that you're deconstructing and reconstructing your sense of self with the aid of a cult leader on youtube with a healthy dash of psychedelics. There are other things you can connect with that are true to you, but relatable to them. Overtime you can present your spiritual journey in terms that they can understand. Even if they never know the full extent of your life, you can still connect deeply and that's okay.

t's frustrating having to clothe the truth in a cage of words, but I agree it's probably the only way

Great Insights btw, Julien sure has lots to teach on Shadow Work and authentic Resonance

I am hiding it from my family, but not from my partner and friends. I surround myself with people who are similar to me and open-minded, but I don't try to change my conservative close-minded family. 

But also it easy family-wise, cause I live abroad for study and work, so it's almost impossible that they find out anything.

Posted (edited)

I tell everyone, I told my family I ate mushroom and went to another dimension. There were no comments. Everytime I have a mystical experience I have a nervous breakdown and always tell my mother. As long as you dont keep bringing it up every conversation its normally fine to say once a one and done just to tell someone. Mothers are very understanding and dont want to lock their children up or deem them insane so they will listen mostly.Girlfriends/friends not so much.

Edited by Hojo

10 hours ago, Hojo said:

Mothers are very understanding and dont want to lock their children up or deem them insane so they will listen mostly.Girlfriends/friends not so much.

I strongly disagree. All this that you're saying depends on the mother and how she grew up. You don't know how my mom is, or how somebody else's mom is. Mine for example, is understanding regarding everything. Literally everything but taking any sort of things that society labels as drug. And all my friends and my partner are super open about it, and not judging. And if they do judge I don't give a fk. 

Posted (edited)

@manuel bonI think there are niche cases where a mother wants to lock their child up in a ward for being insane but generally your mother is the safest person to talk to about it as most mothers love their children. Most mothers love their children more then their girlfriends and friends love them. Its not 100 percent but as a generality I would argue its a fact of life and the safest person to talk to about it.

Edited by Hojo