enchanted

God paradox?

349 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You chose to create rape

I think God wanted us to make effort to solve the math exercise for ourselves and not to just tell us the answer because then there might be no point to life.

When someone chooses to rape, he clearly hasn't succeded to solve the problem and to understand who he is. It is not that god wanted that to happen or something but it is just unevitable that it will happen sometimes.

Edited by Nivsch

🌲 You can rarely pretend to give an effective advice to someone just from the fact that you cannot see the unique inner logic behind his actions, no matter how obvious you will mistakenly think the answer is. If you really want to help and not to harm, encourage him to trust more his own logic.

57 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Here's an extremely simple proof that will stump any theist:

1) God exists

2) Child rape exists

3) God is Creator of the Universe

Conclusion: God created child rape.

There is zero argument with this logic. The only thing you can do is to deny that God exists.

But God obviously exists.

Now, here's the trick you're missing: you honestly believe that you are wise enough to judge God's Creation.

There are only two possibilies here:

1) You are wrong for judging God.

2) God is wrong for creating child rape.

Which do you think it is?

Sure.

But how can I stop rejecting and see beauty in animal suffering?

Everytime I see it is like pouring hot water on a exposed wound. 

You mocked me the other day and said that I won't overcome all my biases. Now you say I can understand that animal suffering is Gods love.

Can I ever get past this and truly accept that God is love and good? I wish I could be at peace with what I see in this world.

1 minute ago, Nemra said:

@MarioGabrielJ 

How much darker or brighter it can be is relative, because we think that it can be infinitely dark or bright. But the problem is that you think of darkness as a relative thing and brightness as an absolute thing.

How much brighter can the light get? At which point on the dark/bright scale does the light create darkness? If it creates at some point, then a brighter light should create the dark light. Then, at every point, darkness is being created.

there is fear there is love and there is Love ... and how do you go from love to Love ... you cannot as the person you are ... have to let it go and let god in

5 minutes ago, Nemra said:

@MarioGabrielJ 

How much darker or brighter it can be is relative, because we think that it can be infinitely dark or bright. But the problem is that you think of darkness as a relative thing and brightness as an absolute thing.

How much brighter can the light get? At which point on the dark/bright scale does the light create darkness? If it creates at some point, then a brighter light should create the dark light. Then, at every point, darkness is being created.

When we think of light and darkness as two ends of a spectrum, it can be difficult to pinpoint an exact point where light "creates" darkness. Light and darkness are often defined in relation to each other; without light, there is darkness and vice versa.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞.
𝐈𝐭’𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡, 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞. 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

50 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Then child rape doesn't exist, and you have nothing to complain about.

The only way for child rape to exist is for you to exist, since you are creating it.

Bomb.

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

32 minutes ago, MarioGabrielJ said:

When we think of light and darkness as two ends of a spectrum, it can be difficult to pinpoint an exact point where light "creates" darkness. Light and darkness are often defined in relation to each other; without light, there is darkness and vice versa.

@MarioGabrielJ 

You are using light to say brightness.

They can't exist without each other, as they are defined as the lack of the opposite.

A bright/dark light is darker/brighter than a brighter/darker light.

You have to understand that we are using the idea of light that we are capable of perceiving as humans with our eyes. At both ends of the scale, as a human, you won't be able to see in front of you, as your eyes are not made to see beyond those ends.

Edited by Nemra

5 minutes ago, Nemra said:

@MarioGabrielJ 

They can't exist without each other, as they are defined as the lack of the opposite.

Sadhguru talks about it here, the video is mostly a verbal description of how Creation happened, he forwards it by saying "No-Thing" cannot be described by using words, but he attempts it anyways since ppl are asking, in it the subject of darkness comes up, I've stamped it at that point in the video...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

8 minutes ago, Nemra said:

@MarioGabrielJ 

You have to understand that we are using light that we are capable of perceiving as humans.

Here are some reflections that might make you reconsider:

Brightness and darkness are relative. What we perceive as "bright" or "dark" can vary depending on the context and comparison. A light can seem dark compared to something very bright, but bright compared to something very dark.

Brightness and darkness exist on a spectrum rather than as absolute states. This means there are many shades between complete light and complete darkness.

45 minutes ago, MarioGabrielJ said:

FOR FUCK SAKE, THE FREE WILL CARD IS BULLSHIT! BECAUSE GOD IS ALL KNOWING AND DONT NEED TO CREATE ANYTHING BUT HE STILL DID THAT BASTARD, GOD CREATED PEOPLE KNOWING THEY WOULD RAPE OR GO TO HELL, IT IS NOT KIND FOR GOD TO BLAME US.

Calm down, watch the video I edited in the post. Get some feminine loving energy in you and stop overthinking God this God that. Just be a decent human. 

If you are not a complete monster, you are doing fine.

-1/12 is Infinity 

1 minute ago, Dodo said:

Calm down, watch the video I edited in the post. Get some feminine loving energy in you and stop overthinking God this God that. Just be a decent human. 

If you are not a complete monster, you are doing fine.

Thank you I appreciate your support. I will watch the video.

43 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

God created darkness. God created rape. You can't escape that through any amount of mental acrobatics.

Ok Leo - I will call on the projection of your statement - by "mental acrobatics" you are also inferring these words which you stated:

1) God exists

2) Child rape exists

3) God is Creator of the Universe

Conclusion: God created child rape.

I see this as an oversimplified mental acrobatic leaving out fundamental factors.

There is many ways to overthrow the seeming validity of this black and white line of logic - if you introduce specific factors to terms such as God - Exist - Creation/Creator - and Universe. All those term's meaning are ASSUMED to be as you see them only by you. I am not stupid - I know exactly how you define these terms - HOWEVER the error lies in assuming I agree that these 'meanings' are valid. Are you so convinced that you have the only possible right view - or that you believe you have seen everything - that you have completely loss the sense of exploring a different point of view?

54 minutes ago, MarioGabrielJ said:

FOR FUCK SAKE, THE FREE WILL CARD IS BULLSHIT! BECAUSE GOD IS ALL KNOWING AND DONT NEED TO CREATE ANYTHING BUT HE STILL DID THAT BASTARD, GOD CREATED PEOPLE KNOWING THEY WOULD RAPE OR GO TO HELL, IT IS NOT KIND FOR GOD TO BLAME US.

For Chris sake, this is just like religious fanatic thinking. What does this have to do with Spirituality? This is all junk 

Truth is neither a destination nor a conclusion. Truth is a living experience.

1 minute ago, Javfly33 said:

For Chris sake, this is just like religious fanatic thinking. What does this have to do with Spirituality? This is all junk 

You’re right 

Posted (edited)

@MarioGabrielJ

Light is light.

Darkness and brightness are attributes of light.

Context: I'm talking about what we can see with our eyes.

Edited by Nemra

1 minute ago, Nemra said:

@MarioGabrielJ

Light is light.

Darkness is a lack of Light. There is Light or No-Light. Darkness is the word for No-Light.

3 minutes ago, Nemra said:

@MarioGabrielJ

Light is light.

There is nothing inherently wrong with what you said, but it's also important to understand that our perceptions of light, darkness, and brightness are complex and can be influenced by many factors.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, ICURBlessings said:

Darkness is a lack of Light. There is Light or No-Light. Darkness is the word for No-Light.

No, there's only light.

You are talking about brightness.

Edited by Nemra

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Nemra said:

No, there's only light.

It depends on how one wants to portray it, in the culture of today Light is positive, Dark is negative, but this is culturally based ideology.

Existentially, when we look up in the sky, the way our vision is set up, we notice the stars more than the blackness/darkness, but in reality there is more darkness than light, as with everything, even an atom which is mostly empty space, that space is dark..so most of reality that we can perceive is dark, not light, light is the absence of dark, and light comes then goes, darkness always is...

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

@Ishanga

Where did people learn about light, darkness, and brightness from?

Did they talk about it with each other with their eyes closed?

Edited by Nemra

57 minutes ago, Vibes said:

Sure.

But how can I stop rejecting and see beauty in animal suffering?

You can recognize the horror of it and accept that horror is part of Infinity.

You mocked me the other day and said that I won't overcome all my biases.

I invite you to prove me wrong.

Can I ever get past this and truly accept that God is love and good? I wish I could be at peace with what I see in this world.

Realizing that God is love cannot happen through human reasoning, you must enter a higher state of consciousness and then it is so obvious you will roll around laughing.

You can't be at peace from the default human state of consciousness. A change in your state is the missing key.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.