Something Funny

Mushrooms vs LSD

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I only have experience with mushrooms and was wondering how different is LSD.

Is there actually a noticable difference in how they feel or are they pretty much the same?

Which one do you prefer?

Also, I was wondering what you think about taking 2 of them together.

Edited by Something Funny

LSD lasts much longer, has a more noticeable body load (there's such a thing as LSD shits, the next day expect to be on the toilet a fair bit), while mushrooms is mostly all mind. I feel like LSD is more versatile and tend to use it when I want to reach some truth, contemplate, or create. It's can also act as a powerful entactogen and has surprised me on one occasion with a release of hidden trauma. The longer duration helps with that, though past, say, 6-7 hours you'll reach a plateau/slow comedown which will mostly just be annoying, so I kill it with benzos after getting what I need from the trip. Mushrooms are not as direct, as if they jump all over the place without really giving you time to fully grasp a given insight. I use them for lighther, more 'recreational' trips of experiencing unity and stuff like that. Still very powerful though. 

As for taking them together, I wouldn't recommend. It's not harmful or anything, but LSD will most probably simply overpower the shrooms, not create a meaningful synergy.

Whichever way you turn, there is the face of God

3 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

@LambdaDelta thanks. This is very helpful.

Wdym by body load (beyond toilet stuff)?

I read this poat on reddit about combining mushrooms and lsd when microdosing. They seem to have great results. I wonder what you think about that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Psychedelics/s/xkePqDEna6

Stuff like muscle tension, tingling, and similar tactile sensations. It's far less pronounced than stuff like 2C-E or DOB, but moreso compared to shrooms. I cannot speak to the effectiveness of the combo while microdosing, as I only did that with standalone LSD 20ug without clear effects, so I stopped it. There's no harm in trying, could also work well for you. I meant in actual trips, it doesn't make much sense to mix, 200-300ug of good acid will overpower anything below 5g of dried shrooms.

Whichever way you turn, there is the face of God

They are both psychedelics so they both send you to a higher state of consciousness. Imo LSD is more "electric", and shrooms more "organic", natural. I use them both as microdoses, and normal trip doses for inner work. They can both be really intense. 

Anyways you have to try and see for yourself, everyone has a different effect, so there's not a universal truth about these compounds. Good luck with your first trip 🥰

For me I've had more powerful insights about my life from Mushrooms but LSD has helped somewhat as well - I would just be sensible and pick one and start at a lower dose and slowly ramp your dose up. Go into the trip with a question or something like that but don't expect to get a clear answer first time. 

1 hour ago, Something Funny said:

@manuel bon how do you schedule in regular trip into your microdosing schedule?

I microdose for one month or two max, and during this period I don't trip (it's also difficult to take a whole day to trip, cause I work, study, etc.).

In general I trip and take bigger doses once every 3 months (or more), when I'm not microdosing. 

LSD get you much more high, less anchored ; It's a bit like a blend between mushrooms and weed, somehow.

And it lasts longer.

The devil is in the details.

21 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

LSD get you much more high, less anchored ; It's a bit like a blend between mushrooms and weed, somehow.

And it lasts longer.

What do you mean by less anchored? Other people have said that LSD is more practical for contemplation and more logical. Is this different from your experience?

Just now, Something Funny said:

What do you mean by less anchored? Other people have said that LSD is more practical for contemplation and more logical. Is this different from your experience?

It's more stimulating and turns you more "weird".

That said it gives more strong experiences that mushrooms, in general.

5 MeO is god, LSD is the King.

The devil is in the details.

LSD simply has a more broad profile and longer duration.

Mushrooms feel more specific

This is both true experientially and scientifically. They are however similiar in terms of main effect, LSD feels more broader thats all, and the comedown can last longer.

I personally prefer LSD, but both are fine, I wouldnt overthink it.

Also mixing them has precisely 0 benefit, it doesnt make sense, they are already very similiar, and there arent any synergistic effects, you just have two slightly different competing experiences that are overriding each other. 

50 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

@manuel bon I am trying it right now

What do you microdose? And which dosages do you use?

I was thinking about starting to microdose legal research LSD that is easily available online (like 1P-LSD); but the problem is that I don't know if the dosages are good for a microdose (if I'm not wrong they sell like 20ug per pellet). Have you ever tried these research chemicals?

@manuel bon I took 200 mg of mushrooms today and it worked great. This is my first day.

I am using mushrooms because I already have them, but I would love to try lsd in the future.

I have never bought any research chemicals yet.

Also, I think mushrooms are the easiest to get and safest to use if you are a noob.

7 minutes ago, manuel bon said:

but the problem is that I don't know if the dosages are good for a microdose (if I'm not wrong they sell like 20ug per pellet).

From what I know, it depends on a person, but the standard dose is around 10ug.

You could always cut the pellet in half.

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, bambi said:

Also mixing them has precisely 0 benefit, it doesnt make sense, they are already very similiar, and there arent any synergistic effects, you just have two slightly different competing experiences that are overriding each other. 

What do you think about these points from the reddit post I linked above (it's about microdosing so I am not sure if it's the same for normal trips):

• LSD is stimulating and has a more focused effect, often enhancing creativity, problem-solving and mental clarity. It also promotes a sense of euphoria and increased energy. Shrooms are more introspective, emotional, and grounding. It enhances mood, empathy and a sense of connectedness to the whole of life. Combining them balances these effects, providing both mental clarity and emotional depth. This leads to a more holistic experience, where one benefits from the heightened focus, energy and creativity of LSD alongside the emotional openness and groundedness of shrooms.
  • Since LSD and Shrooms work on different sreotonin receptors in the brain, and LSD works on dopamine while Shrooms do not, you experience truly a higher experience, extremely grounded, focused and able to be the best version of yourself. 
  • There is also a potential for enhanced neuroplasticity as both promote neuroplasticity of different kinds and by different mechanisms, combining them can enhance this effect, potentially leading to greater cognitive flexibility, creativity, uplifting mood and problem-solving skills.
Edited by Something Funny

1 hour ago, manuel bon said:

I microdose for one month or two max, and during this period I don't trip (it's also difficult to take a whole day to trip, cause I work, study, etc.).

In general I trip and take bigger doses once every 3 months (or more), when I'm not microdosing. 

Do you think a schedule of microdosing for 4 weeks, ending it with a full trip, and the taking a break for 2 weeks will work?

I'd say Lucy is more of an energizing buzzing and shrooms a mystic flow.

20 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

Do you think a schedule of microdosing for 4 weeks, ending it with a full trip, and the taking a break for 2 weeks will work?

Only one way to find out!

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀