LordFall

I don't believe in radical solipsism

59 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Discussing solipsism - not solipsism - is inherently problematic because it relies on assumptions that contradict its own premise.

Solipsism claims you can only be certain of your own mind because everything is experienced through the mind. No mind - no knowing if there’s anything - ever.

You can’t prove anything outside your mind exists independently either.

And to explain this idea, you must assume that others exist and can understand you, which completely undermines solipsism.

The very act of communication presupposes the existence of others, creating a paradox where questioning the external world inherently depends on it.

Edited by yetineti

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, yetineti said:

Discussing solipsism - not solipsism - is inherently problematic because it relies on assumptions that contradict its own premise.

Solipsism claims you can only be certain of your own mind. You experience everything through your consciousness.

You can’t prove anything outside your mind exists independently.

To explain this idea, you must assume that others exist and can understand you, which undermines solipsism.

The very act of communication presupposes the existence of others, creating a paradox where questioning the external world inherently depends on it.

Yes, as well on other levels recognizing and relating to others via various forms of Human Experience, Emotionally (Empaths), Intellectually(Smart Asses), Energetically (Vibes and Vibrational Sharing) within different sections of this forum, You claim You are the only one, but go elsewhere to share and relate and form community of sorts...very stupid if You actually think You are the only one in existence and are imagining everything else!!  The whole premise of Creating a Forum, which is meant to do what (create a Community maybe???) but you believe you are dreaming up everyone is just plain dumbfounding!

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

10 minutes ago, yetineti said:

Solipsism claims you can only be certain of your own mind because everything is experienced through the mind. No mind - no knowing if there’s anything - ever.

You can’t prove anything outside your mind exists independently either.

And to explain this idea, you must assume that others exist and can understand you, which completely undermines solipsism.

It is an illusion my friend

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

Okay the 30yrs of Torture is now over, forget about it and move on, but what happens when Your in year 15, then what?

Then you suffer.

I never said you won't suffer inside the dream. Suffering is guaranteed.

15 more years of torture to endure..,. Its fine to say forget about it, but that is bad advice

What I was talking about was not coping advice. 

You being in a dream is not "advice", it's just a fact. Do with it whatever you want.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Will1125 said:

It is an illusion my friend

Drop a Large and Heavy Brick on Your foot, report back if the result of this experientially is an illusion or real for You???

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

@Ishanga 

2 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

Drop a Large and Heavy Brick on Your foot, report back if the result of this experientially is an illusion or real for You???

Boo-hoo. The foot will hurt. Doesn’t change anything. 

Posted (edited)

1 minute ago, yetineti said:

@Ishanga 

Boo-hoo. The foot will hurt. Doesn’t change anything. 

Do it and see what changes in this moment!!! Before Foot did not hurt, after it hurts, is that a change?

No Body will Do It, they will make up excuses and intellectual justifications against doing it, but still no one will Do It, I wonder why??

Edited by Ishanga

Posted (edited)

@Ishanga Change is not evidence of you being right.

Edited by yetineti

Not trying to be right, just trying to get ppl to see the point of ignorance, and drop the brick on their foot!

2 minutes ago, yetineti said:

In fact, if you were all there is, I bet you’d get bored. You’d probably want to change quite a bit, no?

I don't buy into Solipsism at all by the way, its bull crap!

Posted (edited)

@Ishanga You’re the one being ignorant.

No you are, by the way who are you responding too???

Why is your Ego flaring up if I don't exist???

Who are You defending Your belief too???

Edited by Ishanga

Solipism is not a thing you "buy into". Either you are conscious that you imagine everything or you are not.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

So for you illusion works for pleasures but not for pain? That is not very honest

@Ishanga I am calm in a recliner right now, responding to you. You being a separate part of me. And I being a separate part of you.

1 minute ago, Will1125 said:

So for you illusion works for pleasures but not for pain? That is not very honest

Works both ways, eat Your favorite Food, do Your Favorite Activity, Bring about a Feeling/Experience of extreme Ecstasy, tell me if this is Imaginary or Real??

Just now, yetineti said:

@Ishanga I am calm in a recliner right now, responding to you. You being a separate part of me. And I being a separate part of you.

I and You are Two!!

@Ishanga Two parts of the same thing.

Yes on Fundamental levels we are the same, Life is Life, You are Life as I am Life, but there is a You and Me, in levels of Body and Mind and Experiences, so that is why we are here, You play the game of life to bring about an amount of Experience accumulation over time, as I do, this allows Existence to Experience itself in real time, so it depends on what level of fundamentality we are talking about, the ultimate fundamental level, or practical/reality based level???