Princess Arabia

What exactly is no mind?

125 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:

Sounds like a Yin-Yang dilemma, you're each deepening two ends of Infinity respectively 😁

I think that it is something very simple and very clear. Let's see, the absolute really is everything, right? hence we call it absolute, but it seems relative. What we try in spirituality is simply to see. The problem we have is that we are trapped in a relative appearance, in the form. the form is the absolute, but it seems relative, and it seems so very profoundly. There are many layers of fear and attachment that come from animal instinct, from struggle and terror to death, that keep our perception firmly trapped.

The goal is to get your head out of the mud and see with absolute clarity what you are. because here, and now, you are. and what you are is reality itself, existence. at this very moment, existence is. but it is covered in a multicolored tapestry of movement that makes only that movement perceptible, nothing more. You have to stop the movement, open the tapestry. not to change the tapestry for another more divine one, but to open it, let it fall, and open our eyes to the unfathomable abyss of existence now. There is a problem with this, a problem of courage and honesty. It is terrifying to let the tapestry fall and you, in the absolute solitude of total existence, see yourself. there are no balls, seriously. then you cling to multiple stories, god, dimensions, etc. No. The point here is absolute emptiness, the absolute absence of everything. Do you understand the depth of attachment you have to "something"? It's huge. Well, what you have to do is let go of it, and open your eyes and your heart completely to total emptiness. and in this act, absolute glory is manifested. do you understand it? No, because it is incomprehensible. It is above understanding, understanding is a toy of the absolute, it means absolutely nothing, you must let it go. That greedy understanding that wants to put reality in its pocket is an illusion. When you jump headlong into the void, understanding must be left behind.

41 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:

You're each deepening two ends of Infinity respectively 😁

Hmmm

I like it 

Yet, are all infinities equally Infinity?

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

19 minutes ago, Davino said:

Hmmm

I like it 

There is an absolutely fascinating exploration that goes the opposite way to the realization of your total nature, which is to go deeper into the structure of this experience, into the creative power and living movement. It is more than it seems, it is infinitely deep, one layer after another of unfathomable complexity, of intricate life that unfolds in infinite dimensions. but this is simply the form. but the form is not flat, it is of infinite depth, absolute beauty, total perfection. But just form

Edited by Breakingthewall

Posted (edited)

On 8/22/2024 at 10:57 PM, Keryo Koffa said:

You put a lot of weight on 0 (Dissolution), others put it on 1 (Unity), others on ∞ (Exploration)
Yet others on 2 (Embodiment) and yet others on 3 (Transcendence)
(0=Nothing,1=Oneness,2=Duality,3=Trinity,∞=Openness)
How Curious!

On 8/22/2024 at 11:53 PM, Keryo Koffa said:

You see, there are different aspects and paths and emphases

Christian Unity with God. Buddhist No-Mind Awakenings. Hindu Infinite Maya
There's people emphasizing the value of balance in Earthly Existence (Yin Yang)
Trinities and systems where out of duality a third transcendent element arises

@Breakingthewall @Davino

24 minutes ago, Davino said:

They are within Consciousness, by virtue of being accessible

But who's to say? You'd have to become them to figure that out 😁

Edited by Keryo Koffa

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Posted (edited)

On 8/23/2024 at 7:34 PM, Princess Arabia said:

How does one function with no mind. If I want to go get a glass of water, first I have that thought. Then I act on it. If I want to set my alarm, first the thought appears in the mind then the body moves into action. Doesn't actions follow thought (mind)? Writing this required thought and processes of the mind. To write a book, to make a speech, to interact with people, to think about what to do next. All requires mind and thought.

Make me understand no mind, please.

There is no "No Mind". Only those lost in their Minds, Identified with their Minds, having a Mind that controls them, want "No Mind",  There is a Mind, we all have it, we just have to gain back control of it, like You control the movement of Your Hand or Leg, or Eye lids, You control the Mind just like that, tell it what too think, what too feel, how to plan and execute, many have lost this or think it is not possible, that is their problem..

Edited by Ishanga

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

16 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:
38 minutes ago, Davino said:

They are within Consciousness, by virtue of being accessible

But who's to say? You'd have to become them to figure that out 😁

They are just form. and since the form is infinite, it is the same to know only a little as to know a lot. The important thing is understanding what is form and what is totality, then give to the form it's place.

14 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

There is no "No Mind". Only those lost in their Minds, Identified with their Minds, having a Mind that controls them, want "No Mind",  There is a Mind, we all have it, we just have to gain back control of it, like You control the movement of Your Hand or Leg, or Eye lids, You control the Mind just like that, tell it what too think, what too feel, how to plan and execute, many have lost this or think it is not possible, that is their problem..

You are wrong, you can't get out of your mind and be the absolute . The mind is structure, you can dissolve the structure completely, until nothing remains, the same than before you born, be the eternity. Its not a chimera, it's real. 

Posted (edited)

Anyone here know about the story of Jill Bolte Taylor? She’s a brain scientist who woke up with having a stroke one morning causing a major shift in her consciousness. In her particular case, It caused her thinking part of her brain to stop functioning, and she basically became like a baby or infant again for some time, living purely in the present moment, very similar to what they call no mind. She had to relearn how to speak, and everything. Her experience is very interesting.

Edited by Cosmic-Resplendence

1 minute ago, Cosmic-Resplendence said:

Anyone here know about the story of Jill Bolte Taylor? She’s a brain scientist who woke up with having a stroke one morning. In her particular case, It caused her thinking part of her brain to stop functioning, and she basically became like a baby or infant again for some time, very similar to what they call no mind. She had to relearn how to speak, and everything. Her experience is very interesting, and the morning that it happened to her she describes a very similar experience to the no mind consciousness. She definitely says that as great as it felt that there is a down side to being in that state. 

Yes, the main question of the thread made me think of this exact thing. Thanks for posting, because I couldn't remember the title.

As I recall, her description from having the left hemisphere partially deactivated had some close similarities to real mystical states. I'd have to imagine there's some significant differences as well though, since she was pretty much disabled due to it.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, What Am I said:

Yes, the main question of the thread made me think of this exact thing. Thanks for posting, because I couldn't remember the title.

As I recall, her description from having the left hemisphere partially deactivated had some close similarities to real mystical states. I'd have to imagine there's some significant differences as well though, since she was pretty much disabled due to it.

Yup, I’ve heard her story a few times from different places, this Ted Talk is quite good. I think in another interview she said that as great as it was being in that Nirvana like state, that there’s a downside too, and that she’d have a difficult time choosing only one or the other. Both sides have pros and cons it sounds like. I thought she lost connection to that conscious state after a while, after having lived that way for several years while she relearned how to talk, and get her left brain, logic, analytical thinking back in order again. However in this talk she sounds like she maintained a connection to it. 

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

You are wrong, you can't get out of your mind and be the absolute . The mind is structure, you can dissolve the structure completely, until nothing remains, the same than before you born, be the eternity. Its not a chimera, it's real. 

it's a vr-headset doing one's bidding

i wanna see stuff that changes and feeds me drama

not needed and not easily escapable

i impose relative thoughts or i impose absolute thoughts

in fact there is only one absolute thought, love

see anything with love and the whole opens

love takes awakening needless to say

Edited by gettoefl

8 hours ago, Cosmic-Resplendence said:

living purely in the present moment, very similar to what they call no mind.

What spirituality calls transcending the mind is not being like a baby or a cat, it is breaking the energy barrier of the psyche and opening oneself to the eternal. A dog does not do this, nor does a baby, since by default this barrier exists from birth. It is one thing to spend all day ruminating about the past and the future with worry and anxiety vs mindfulness, mind in the present, and another thing is to transcend the human mind, traverse space/time, aka enlightenment. A baby or a cat does not have unlimited perception, any living organism is limited by itself. The breaking of the energetic barrier, of the bubble of perception, is something that an adult human can do deliberately, and it is what is called enlightenment, which is perceiving as the eternity, your true nature 

Posted (edited)

No mind to me means no thoughts. Your infinite half.

If you are in a boring or simple job, you can live in no mind by default for most of the hours. It's not difficult if you meditate. Gardening is great for this, but so is shelf stacking or cleaning up, for example.

I live in no mind a lot of the time outside of work. There is a space, and then you feel the thoughts outside of that space, or just as flashes. Then some days you have a busy mind where there is no space, and you just shrug and indulge for a while until they settle. This morning I had a busy mind as my business idea is in its full planning stage (I really enjoy this time). I imagine this business will require a lot of thought programming hardware routes and learning a completely new skill, but then when its done and its automatic, they'll just be reminders to myself and more downtime.

When I was working at the post office it required a hard mind, everything was focused and double-checked. There weren't many thoughts, but there was an intense focus on getting the amounts and procedures right when handling lots of money.

When you said in the other thread it's thought battling thought, I felt like saying, yeah that's all it usually is. Ditto for a busy mind often.

Edited by BlueOak

7 minutes ago, BlueOak said:

No mind to me means no thoughts. Your infinite half.

If you are in a boring or simple job, you can live in no mind by default for most of the hours. It's not difficult if you meditate. Gardening is great for this, but so is shelf stacking or cleaning up, for example.

I live in no mind a lot of the time outside of work. There is a space, and then you feel the thoughts outside of that space, or just as flashes. Then some days you have a busy mind where there is no space, and you just shrug and indulge for a while until they settle. This morning I had a busy mind as my business idea is in its full planning stage (I really enjoy this time). I imagine this business will require a lot of thought programming hardware routes and learning a completely new skill, but then when its done and its automatic, they'll just be reminders to myself and more downtime.

When I was working at the post office it required a hard mind, everything was focused and double-checked. There weren't many thoughts, but there was an intense focus on getting the amounts and procedures right when handling lots of money.

When you said in the other thread it's thought battling thought, I felt like saying, yeah that's all it usually is. Ditto for a busy mind often.

you haven't a say in what mind does, its mandate is to bug you, and the more you say no, the more it tries and the weaker it gets

because you can mind your own business

15 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

you haven't a say in what mind does, its mandate is to bug you, and the more you say no, the more it tries and the weaker it gets

because you can mind your own business

You pick your focus much of the time. It's a current you can direct. Somedays it's external (which is still you). You had a large influence on the circumstance you are currently in, and the internal parts of you come up in the external, so as you alter yourself you alter the reality around you.

I realise we are all in patterns but we alter them all the time.

Posted (edited)

Yes one type is

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

another thing is to transcend the human mind, traverse space/time, aka enlightenment.

You are correct, I doubt Christ Consciousness, or being in divinity with the infinite, enlightenment is quite the same thing as how a baby or cat experiences its existence, however transcending the mind is subjective in and of itself, there’s likely a variety, possibly an infinite number of states of transcending consciousness, what Leo calls, different flavors of consciousness. It gets complicated very quickly, and no two experiences are the same thing really.

Reminds me of the saying “The hand that points to the moon, is not the moon”.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Cosmic-Resplendence said:

possibly an infinite number of states of transcending consciousness,

If absolutely nothing defined remains, and the existence expands unlimited, it's always the same, can't be different undefined, because would be defined. If something is absolutely undefined is exactly that any other undefinded, in fact it's the same. if there is the slightest difference, means that was defined. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

Posted (edited)

It gets tricky talking about "unconditioned mind" or "original mind” even “no mind” referring to a state of mind that is pure, free from the conditioning and experiences that shape a person’s perceptions and reactions. A return to a naturally clear, untainted state of awareness. In one sense that sounds like the way a baby’s mind might be, but its not likely that exactly. It’s also different probably from enlightened mind, or Cosmic Consciousness, Christ Consciousness, etc. 

4 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

If absolutely nothing defined remains, and the existence expands unlimited, it's always the same, can't be different undefined, because would be defined. If something is absolutely undefined is exactly that any other undefinded, in fact it's the same. if there is the slightest difference, means that was defined. 

sameness aka indiscriminateness aka love

we all that without the bag of chips

15 hours ago, Cosmic-Resplendence said:

Anyone here know about the story of Jill Bolte Taylor? She’s a brain scientist who woke up with having a stroke one morning causing a major shift in her consciousness. In her particular case, It caused her thinking part of her brain to stop functioning, and she basically became like a baby or infant again for some time, living purely in the present moment, very similar to what they call no mind. She had to relearn how to speak, and everything. Her experience is very interesting.

Yes, I did see this awhile back. Have to watch it again, though to remember the details.

Know thyself....