Spiritual Warfare

There is no such thing as nothing!

173 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

31 minutes ago, MarioGabrielJ said:

Nothing is like the back of your head (;

If there is actually such a thing as “nothing” then that “nothing” also qualifies as something that exists.

What we are seeing here with this kind of “absolute logic” is that existence locks itself into an absolute nature of “always existing/ something always existing.

yea you could say nothing is the back of your head. thats the same as deep sleep imo. 

but yes i think ultimately we agree. True nothingness does not exist. but nothingness can be experienced and thus it does exist,but in virtue of it being experiencable (word?) and existing, its not true nothingness.

Edited by emil1234

Just now, emil1234 said:

yea you could say nothing is the back of your head. thats the same as deep sleep imo. 

but yes i think ultimately we agree. True nothingness does not exist. but nothingness can be experienced, and in virtue of it being experiencable (word?), its not true nothingness.

Thanks buddy, I enjoyed your replies, clear and easy to understand, people use nothing as lack of something but in reality it does not exist, but anyway good talk maybe I got the wrong definition of nothing but I’m pretty sure it is non existence and not lack of something. We only use nothing as something because we understand the absence of it.

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞.
𝐈𝐭’𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡, 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞. 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, emil1234 said:

thus it does exist,but in virtue of it being experiencable (word?) and existing, its not true nothingness.

Thought about the same thing before, and what I came up with is: referenceable / pointable

Though even beyond that, my take is: "Everything referencable exists"

Hence "Everything exists" by being capable of being thought of or implicit in experience.

But even out of experience, nothing can limit its potential existence, even in deepest unawareness.

Edited by Keryo Koffa

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

@MarioGabrielJ right back at u!

3 hours ago, Keryo Koffa said:

Thought about the same thing before, and what I came up with is: referenceable / pointable

Though even beyond that, my take is: "Everything referencable exists"

Hence "Everything exists" by being capable of being thought of or implicit in experience.

But even out of experience, nothing can limit its potential existence, even in deepest unawareness.

i dont know if i agree with that. I would say references and thoughts are categories of its own. Yes, all possible thoughts and references do exists; AS thoughts and references, but nothing more. the thought of a car is not an actual car

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, MarioGabrielJ said:

Thanks buddy, I enjoyed your replies, clear and easy to understand, people use nothing as lack of something but in reality it does not exist, but anyway good talk maybe I got the wrong definition of nothing but I’m pretty sure it is non existence and not lack of something. We only use nothing as something because we understand the absence of it.

Nothing is not lack of something. 

Nothing is lack of ANYTHING. No qualities, no size, no shape, no location, no ANYTHING. 

You can't see Nothing. Obviously. And by Not seeing it, you Are seeing it. Its equivallent! 

Nothingness does not exist and nothingness exists are two equivallent statements. 

Did you disagree with me that 5= 5+0? 

Also, if we come back to what I just wrote... but change to: Awareness/Consciousness has No qualities, no size, no shape, no location, no ANYTHING. 

Thats super Sus! It appears you are nothingness and deny your own existence, because you take yourself to be the something that exists within you! Thats super fascinating!

Thats why I said, it doesnt exist, but its verifiably real. You thought they were joking that mind cannot get it?

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

2 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Nothing is not lack of something. 

I did say that, read my post again.

Posted (edited)

34 minutes ago, MarioGabrielJ said:

I did say that, read my post again.

No, you said "people think nothing is lack of something", thats what I reply to. 

When you are defeating stick figures, its easy! Sure I couldve worded my post better, but the meat of the post remains.

I mean if you think that people think nothing is lack of something, that thats what you yourself "believed" before your enlightenment that nothingness does not exist..

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

16 minutes ago, Dodo said:

No, you said "people think nothing is lack of something", thats what I reply to. 

When you are defeating stick figures, its easy! Sure I couldve worded my post better, but the meat of the post remains.

I mean if you think that people think nothing is lack of something, that thats what you yourself "believed" before your enlightenment that nothingness does not exist..

Exactly I said people (Think) that it means lack of something but in reality it does not mean that.  What has anything before my enlightened story to do with know? You are just trying to get me with you stupid games. I have always said that nothing means non existence and then you saying oh but before you were enlightened you believed that nothing was lack of something! And??? How is that relevant?

1 minute ago, MarioGabrielJ said:

Exactly I said people (Think) that it means lack of something but in reality it does not mean that.  What has anything before my enlightened story to do with know? You are just trying to get me with you stupid games. I have always said that nothing means non existence and then you saying oh but before you were enlightened you believed that nothing was lack of something! And??? How is that relevant?

I meant enlightenment in a joking way here btw.

But if you believe people think that nothing means lack of something, why do you think that? Were you not one of those people? Or other people have told you? 

I have a mathematical mind. I take things literally, there is big difference between lack of Something and lack of Anything. Its not a trivial difference.

Lack of a lamp still is within space and time. To have nothing you need to remove the space and time as well. Now we talking! 

There are no games I play. 

Nothing means non existence? But you say it in a way to say that it is irrelevant because it doesnt exist. And that people who talk about nothingness are clearly talking about something irrelevant, right? 

That which is outside of space and time is the most relevant, when it comes to spirituality

-1/12 is Infinity 

1 hour ago, Dodo said:

Awareness/Consciousness has No qualities, no size, no shape, no location, no ANYTHING. 

Has a quality: exist, is. Exist implies everything, inside anything that exists is everything. 

26 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Nothing means non existence? But you say it in a way to say that it is irrelevant because it doesnt exist. And that people who talk about nothingness are clearly talking about something irrelevant, right? 

People who use the word nothing as a lack of something are not irrelevant! It is relevant because they have the wrong definition.

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Has a quality: exist, is. Exist implies everything, inside anything that exists is everything. 

It does not exist, I think we already reached that conclusion lol. 

It is True, and it doesn't  exist at the same time. Magic.

Anything that exists, appears, comes and goes. It does not appear, come aand go.

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, MarioGabrielJ said:

People who use the word nothing as a lack of something are not irrelevant! It is relevant because they have the wrong definition.

Brother, I think you were tired, read my comment again you replied to.

I want to help you, but if you fail to grasp anything im saying, I think im just wasting energy I can spend elsewhere.

I expect from you the courtesy to not twist my words and reply with things that are not based on what I said. 

I never said aanything about people being irrelevant. Also, stop talking about "Lack of something", no one has that definition of nothingness, perhaps you did, hence why I told you thats not what nothingness is. 

You are trying to weasel your way by not replying to my exact messages. It feels violating towards my effort to correct obvious errors. 

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity