Asia P

How to meditate deeper?

42 posts in this topic

I put a sleep mask and try to focus on the "void".  

The devil is in the details.

Singing is also a great meditation. Contemplation is one of the deepest forms I know of.

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

Posted (edited)

@Davino absolutely. The obligatory wooden stick is a must for deeper walking meditations  

Edited by Chadders

On 19/08/2024 at 11:41 PM, Chadders said:

@Asia P when you’re sober getting out in to nature is a tried and true method for connecting more deeply with the divine 

On 20/08/2024 at 1:26 AM, Davino said:

@Chadders Agree

Most optimal barefooted and walking with a wooden stick

I love this

16 hours ago, Chadders said:

@Davino absolutely. The obligatory wooden stick is a must for deeper walking meditations  

Even better if you picked the wooden stick from the forest you're walking inside of.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Davino said:

Even better if you picked the wooden stick from the forest you're walking inside of.

It gets even better when you chase away wild dogs with the same stick. The presence you feel in those moments is unparalleled.

Edited by shree

Honoring the self I've grown to love.

I've been there!

Thoughts are NOT the enemy. Just another appearance in consciousness. They may feel like the enemy in the beginning (this phase can last for the longest time! don't feel hopeless, trust the process), but anytime you bring your attention back to the object of meditation you are actually improving your concentration.

It's like any muscle that gets stronger over time when you exercise. This is the point, you are doing the equivalent of a push up for the mind everytime you bring it back to the present. One step at a time you are getting closer to breaking the spell. So don't get frustrated, be grateful.

2 hours ago, shree said:

It gets even better when you chase away wild dogs with the same stick. The presence you feel in those moments is unparalleled.

It's even better being naked in wild nature, taking a bath in the river and eating fruit berries for sustaining your life

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

11 hours ago, Davino said:

It's even better being naked in wild nature, taking a bath in the river and eating fruit berries for sustaining your life

And even better when you decide to leave society forever, and become like a wild animal ;)

:D

10 points to meditation successsssssssss:

• sit back straight
  • settle into your base
  • switch off commentary
  • sync the inner with outer
  • softly soothe serenely safely
  • surrender each arising
  • silence every sinew
  • stillness summons forth
  • see with no need to look
  • stay as i am

@Asia P can try using labels

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works

@gettoefl Let me summarize: Relax your spine and see in serene silence, staying still and synching with rhythmic surrender.

@Schizophonia Alternatively, If you take enough psychedelics, you'll be forced to meditate for your life! :D

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Posted (edited)

Another powerful technique you can do that will take you VERY DEEP in your meditation, is to wake up around 3:30 - 4:00 AM, after having slept for several hours. Wake up and start meditating then. Your mind having already been in deep sleep for a few hours will easily slip back into deep states of consciousness. However your biggest obstacle will be to not immediately fall back to sleep. Just don’t be surprised if you find yourself having very strange experiences. Once My whole body felt like intense vibrations moving through it after doing this, and it was actually quite intense, kinda freaked me out actually. This technique is well known with trying to induce Out of Body experiences. Might take a bit of effort in practicing this, but you’re more likely to have meditation break throughs doing this, then meditating in the middle of the day when you’re wide awake. 

Doing this only once or twice probably won’t be enough, but consider doing this technique regularly for several weeks or even months and you’ll get positive experiential results. 

95A32356-C83A-4404-8700-4CC8B4895069.jpeg

Edited by Cosmic-Resplendence

Posted (edited)

Depth, I hear people use it and understand it logically but Infinity doesn't have clear measurements like depth. This is a crossing point to the infinite, so it's more about getting out of one state into the other, or allowing more of your infinite state in.

Allowance. Surrender. Big ones.

• A clear clean room free of electronics.
  • Don't tire yourself out mentally before your meditation, TV, Computer, Games anything cerebral.
  • Eat well, not junk food. 
  • Keep moving energy up the spine through yoga, taoism, or just good stretching exercises and meditation, from lower centers to higher centers. (Or the opposite if you need to ground.)
  • Get a comfortable posture and temperature.
  • You can meditate through anything (and it's good practice) but noise is still noise and best off without too much. 
  • Did I mention surrender and allowance? :D. Also add gratitude, joy, and love.

These are things that happen to me. So you can see I don't really equate this to depth, just things that come.

Movements of energy, either along the spine or building up in the mind like a heavy weight, this can be a download of information.
Insights or Images.
Seeing a purple vortex that looks like a cloudy tunnel, darker in the center and lighter on the outside, or sometimes a cloud flickering as if with distant lightning. 
I sometimes focus on allowing the day to go more smoothly, or balancing both halves of my mind and being.
Out-of-body experiences.
Infinite emotional experience.
Shrinking or growing my awareness.
Healing bodyparts.
Setting an intent for something, or focusing on receiving an answer. Even if it comes later.
I have become an infinite void, and seen the vortex cloud I see in meditation could be a point in space-time I am related to. There, I saw it as a giant green nebular. I think when I die I'll visit it as if it were a map. It seems significant.

Someone once asked people who kept saying they are not incarnating on earth anymore, or if this is their last life, where are they going next then? It's a good question. Well, I have my answer.

I've said before some people use a kneeling posture with elbows on the bed for balance, so they can collapse forward in deep states. I meditated standing up briefly a few days ago, I don't recommend it as you have to keep aware of your balance, but it was interesting. I also meditated eyes open while walking not long ago, just trying to balance the hemispheres of my brain before work. I should call this trying to recreate that state my mind goes into while meditating because obviously, it's a different process walking down the road, even if my hands/fingers are still touching in a complete circuit. 

Edited by BlueOak

3 hours ago, Cosmic-Resplendence said:

Another powerful technique you can do that will take you VERY DEEP in your meditation, is to wake up around 3:30 - 4:00 AM, after having slept for several hours. Wake up and start meditating then. Your mind having already been in deep sleep for a few hours will easily slip back into deep states of consciousness. However your biggest obstacle will be to not immediately fall back to sleep. Just don’t be surprised if you find yourself having very strange experiences. Once My whole body felt like intense vibrations moving through it after doing this, and it was actually quite intense, kinda freaked me out actually. This technique is well known with trying to induce Out of Body experiences. Might take a bit of effort in practicing this, but you’re more likely to have meditation break throughs doing this, then meditating in the middle of the day when you’re wide awake. 

Doing this only once or twice probably won’t be enough, but consider doing this technique regularly for several weeks or even months and you’ll get positive results. 

95A32356-C83A-4404-8700-4CC8B4895069.jpeg

Beautiful. 

It's because 3-6am is the time when the pineal gland is the most active. Those are the golden hours for meditation. 

You cannot love what you need.

Posted (edited)

I just wanted to add that this technique works in making mystical experiences happen. Just realize that chasing after spiritual experiences is a sort of ego stroking which may keep one tied to their egoic mind in the long run. Some philosophies, Hindu and Buddhism would suggest against doing this. The same with psychedelic use, in chasing spiritual / mystical experiences. 

@Cosmic-Resplendence I can actually +1 confirm that, even though I haven't done it on purpose.
But I awoke 2-5AM many times and had the most fascinating dreams as I fell asleep again
Maybe holding out would get one into a liminal, highly attuned state of mind
Gotta try that

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Posted (edited)

I can confirm aswell. I got shot out of the body once while meditating at 3am, 😅But for me it's not about chasing experience. These morning hours a legit golden for spiritual growth. Although I don't see anything wrong with mystical experiences either. All experience is mystical if you ask me. 

Edited by Salvijus

You cannot love what you need.

Posted (edited)

55 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I can confirm aswell that those morning hours can give you mystical experiences. But for me it's not about chasing experience. These morning hours a legit golden for spiritual growth. Although I don't see anything wrong with mystical experiences either. All experience is mystical if you ask me. 

The only problem with chasing mystical experiences is that the more of them you have, a person might start thinking they’re more advanced, special, or better in some way than the next person. It can quickly turn into puffing up the ego, and attachment to their experiences instead of letting go of attachment and shrinking ones ego. You see it in psychedelic users too who think they’re something special because of all of their psychedelic use. It can become almost like competition between each other. Most spiritual knowledge say this is a trap, and the prison is ones own ego, not keeping it in check. I think in Buddhism they say to not pay much attention to your meditation experiences, just accept them and keep up with the practice month to month, year to year.

The ego is a slippery slope indeed. 

On the other hand, mystical experiences are fine, they help lead a person deeper in their spiritual quest, you know? Just so long as it doesn’t go to their head.