Javfly33

A lot of us are literal Slaves to the Internet

26 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I just realized if i has lived in an age without the internet i would have suffered 95% less.

I am pursuing stuff and have desires that Only the internet has put on me (social media), I work through the internet to pay this desires (remote It job), and i am slaved to the Internet to fullfill this desires.

All of my Life revolves around the internet. 

If i wouldnt have be born in internet age i would be very Happy living on a cabin on the Mountains because i wouldnt have stupid desires and comparisons with other people.

And the internet hasn't even promoted connectivity as some people say, we are more separated than ever. Yes, you can text someone 800km from you but that doesn't mean Anything. 

Edited by Javfly33

You would also have been a slave without the internet; I think it would have been worse.

Social media is a tiny part of the internet.

The thing about the internet is you can think of it like the matrix in that you can always unplug from it (when not using it for work atleast).

No one is holding a gun to your head forcing to use the internet so feel free to read a book, go outside or weave baskets or almost anything else.

@Javfly33 you can still live in a cabin in the mountains the internet isn't stopping you.

57% paranoid

You could be a slave to wages. Internet is not a big deal. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

3 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

I just realized if i has lived in an age without the internet i would have suffered 95% less.

How do you know this? 

If you were never born you have suffered 100% less. :D 

The internet is a blessing because it connects the world. It depends on how you use it. 

Why do we always assume that what we're going through, everybody else goes through the same shit. Do you know how many people have found freedom through the internet. Get real.

Know thyself....

@Princess Arabia Everything has its lights and shadows. Get real.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, LastThursday said:

@Javfly33 you can still live in a cabin in the mountains the internet isn't stopping you.

@LastThursday

It is because the internet has put on me ideals of Life that Only by living in a cabin i can not achieve.

SEE?? 

Edited by Javfly33

Posted (edited)

The internet is a tool, a platform for everything. It can be good or bad, high consciousness or low consciousness, you decide what part of the internet you will access. You can scroll through Wikipedia for 2 hours or TikTok for 2 hours, it depends on you. 

The most depressing thing about the internet, and the biggest con, started in recent years, mainly because of social media.
Social media today, unlike in the earlier days of the internet, is psychologically abusing and exploiting people, making them hooked and wasting their precious time on earth with nonsense.

This is opium for the masses, which people find very difficult to get rid of because of the algorithm that psychologically studies them and pushes the most negative, low-vibrational content that suits their psychological profile.

This keeps people constantly stuck in low-vibrational emotional states- in other words, it makes people depressed and anxious.

Edited by Lila9

👽

Having false expectations from the internet is the problem, which is difficult to know.

4 hours ago, Davino said:

@Princess Arabia Everything has its lights and shadows. Get real.

Haha. Put me in my place please. Exactly my point.

Know thyself....

Yeah.

Vite ma dose.

The devil is in the details.

Yes, we are, even if we use it well, most of us in the forum I would guess have a natural appetite for learning and educational content, yet on the internet everything is mixed, sure you may consume good content, but you will still end up in some brain rotting side of the internet at least every once in a while, but most likely, that "every once in a while" is pretty regular.

I myself had a googling addiction, I used to google everything, and I usually deceive myself by telling myself it is useful, or educational, I end up in a rabbit hole of consuming, skimming article after article, thread after thread, meanwhile I am not even getting quality info, I realized this, I started writing down what I want to look up, being more proactive about what I look up, rather than reactive, as in being reactive to my impulse to know.

And guess what I realized? most of the stuff are just shallow, empty, I look at my list at the end of the day and I think "it is not even worth looking up those stuff"

Now there is also another danger, social media, personally I would say this: keep social media, delete the short form social media (shorts, reels, tiktok), or keep them only on a computer device, that's similar to what I do, I dedicate a specific time of the day to check social media, yes I am not always consistent, but I am trying.

A lot of people in this forum bypass into letting everything be, not putting effort, letting go, which I am all in for, but you have to fully integrate orange before that, you have to go through the striving and accomplishing phase, of putting your life in order THEN let go of effort, let go of control, be spontaneous.

And since you made this post, I can tell you need to integrate orange.

I personally use website/app blockers during my work hours that can't be disabled, along with specific time to check social media, I am building a deep work habit and trying to develop a better work ethic, social media rotted my brain for years, and I didn't even use it that much.
You have to find something to replace social media with, whether that's work or studying or a hobby or a side business or taking courses or anything.

Also meditation is key for learning to let go of impulses, and gradually building up into green.

I believe in the religion of Love
Whatever direction its caravans may take,
For love is my religion and my faith.

Its not really a questions of the Internet itself, its a matter of how Aware You are or how Compulsive You are, as well as how Intense are You of this very Moment and the Life within it! If You were very Aware, then nothing would bind You or no Compulsion would exist in You, You would be very Free in comparison to other Ppl, no addictions, no attachments, just here and now and very Intense about LIfe!

The opposite is true if Your Compulsive so it is safe to say that the majority of the population is very compulsive.. I see this all the time, Mothers walking their children in the carriage and focused solely on their phones, heads down oblivious to their surroundings and nature in all its Beauty, I see this everywhere when ppl have nothing to do, and even while driving which is a major fine nowadays!

So its all a matter of Consciousness, I will share again one of Sadhguru's shorts, he explains it perfectly in answering a question regarding Technology, it applies here to anything one is addicted too, Low Levels of Consciousness/Awareness is the fundamental reason why the ppl of the world are the way they are today!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

I actually think a life without internet is very complicated to pull of today, it could work, because the only alternative to spending time on the internet is spending time outside with people, would that make you happier?

I think you’re looking for something to blame and not take responsibility for your own wellbeing. Maybe that sounds a bit harsh? 

I don’t deny that the internet is something we have to balance in our lives. It definitely comes with its own unique challenges. It’s really how you look at it though. 

i would say we are blessed in many ways unlike before and the internet is an incredible possibility if we use it right. I would not categorize it as a reason for my disharmony. 

Why do you choose to compare yourself with others? What are you desiring that you think will give you value ? These are the questions to ask which will melt away this idea the internet is a cause of suffering for you.