Marcel

IQ Test

75 posts in this topic

Is Jordan Peterson correct, or is he:

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

No scientist understands what intelligence is, so they cannot measure it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

@Davino Yeah, I think I agree.

I haven't watched Leo's vids in a long time but I remember in one of them he said something like "the best thing you can do with an IQ test is don't take it". lol

It is an interesting inquiry though: What is a cognitive process?

Shooting from the hip here: in programming, you can spawn "processes" by running functions. 

Intelligence is always in the background, like the operating system. Then, you can run "processes" to accomplish a specific thing. 

Check out the function call highlighted in pink at the bottom. From that, all the above gets triggered. Obviously, this is nowhere near what actually happens but I think it helps flesh out the idea of a "process". 

5JHNKZN.png

Edited by Joshe

Posted (edited)

I guess at its core intelligence has two core areas, the dynamic capacity understand,model and predict the truth or reality of something. Or the degree to which you can form a direct isomorph with reality or some finite sub-set of it. Then creativity is the capacity to develop innovative, meaningful or useful artifacts or solutions that are generated from aforemention capacity. 

At the metaphysical level intelligence is tautological with creation and evolution

Edited by bambi

I also have autism so I don't know how that gets factored in. 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No scientist understands what intelligence is, so they cannot measure it.

How would you design an Intelligence test?

It's not a trivial question 

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

I want to see them measure aesthetic intelligence. How capable are you and appreciating Beauty. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@Leo Gura it's been a long time since you hit with:

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura Hello Mr. 124 brother.

IQ thingy.png

Discount the verbal IQ because I'm not a native English speaker; discount everything really because I took it late at night and after a workout without eating.

Spatial IQ dominates, so maybe proof that Dual N-Back training works? xD (I practice Dual 6-Back for 20 minutes every other day). The Visual Memory Subtest is basically like being dropped in the middle of a ginormous Single N-Back (at least for me because of the way I play N-Back). However, the Mental Rotations Subtest is less similar to N-Back, but both involve visual imagery (they're both visuospatial tasks — duh), so there could be a carry-over effect there as well. But yeah, probably not the most reliable test because of the short length 🤓

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard your spatial IQ is the highest lol and mine is the lowest lmao 

3 minutes ago, Joshe said:

@Buck Edwards 

If you're interested, here's a test that will tell you your strengths: https://www.viacharacter.org/character-strengths

It's free but they require you sign up. If you're interested, "take the free survey" at the top. 

It just asks you questions about yourself, not testing for performance. I like this one.

I already took it long ago. It's a great test. 

Posted (edited)

22 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This IQ test was designed by a fool.

What does knowledge of English vocabulary have anything to do with intelligence?

Vocabulary is a weird one, but I could see something like reading comprehension being a better measurement. But I only say that because I once took a verbal IQ test which included reading comprehension and I got "155 IQ" in that (I'm so proud of myself 😌) and 95 IQ in vocabulary (🥲) 😂. The difficult words in the vocabulary part are basically just words that nobody uses and probably synonyms of more normal words anyway, so you could argue that using them is in most contexts is not very intelligent 😛

Edited by Carl-Richard

IQ != Intelligence but it's ridiculous to think it's an irrelevant metric.

14 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I took it late at night and after a workout without eating

That's the most optimal time and way to take it! lmao

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, integral said:

That's the most optimal time and way to take it! lmao

Not when you're literally getting tired in the middle of it. I think the best time for me would be either an hour or a couple of hours after breakfast or dinner on a day where I'm not working out. If you're too low on carbs, your brain suffers. Or maybe I could do it immediately after an afternoon workout if I time it correctly (recover some fatigue while maintaining some of the adrenaline and leftover carbs).

Edited by Carl-Richard

@Carl-Richard hi, I've been considering for a long time doing everyday a bit of Dual N-Back training. Would you recommend it? What has been your expected?

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Davino said:

@Carl-Richard hi, I've been considering for a long time doing everyday a bit of Dual N-Back training. Would you recommend it?

I would recommend doing it every other day, or something like a workout split (e.g. 3-5 days a week).

3 hours ago, Davino said:

What has been your expected?

I expected to be able to think faster and maybe think better. I think both turned true. Particularly "simple" things like mental arithmetic has become very easy, as well as dry analytical thinking, like reading a scientific article.

There are of course various confounds like dialing in my workout regimen and general self-development, but I still think it has had a significant effect. The very first few times I tried it, the effect was quite drastic and immediate. It was like a veil had lifted from my mind (which if it was pure placebo, I would still take that any day of the week). Likewise, you'll see the most gains in the beginning once you get the hang of it. I believe with some coaching, you can gain maybe 10 IQ points in a month.

But of course, remember that IQ tests are often quite similar to N-Back training, so it's not surprising that the performance could overlap, but that is not to say it's meaningless either. Higher IQ is still linked to various tangible real-world outcomes. Unless an "untrained" IQ is the only thing that matters (which would be weird but maybe not impossible), I think brain training techniques like N-Back is worth a shot. Besides, there is weak to moderate scientific evidence for it.

Edited by Carl-Richard