Marcel

IQ Test

75 posts in this topic

Verbal IQ should not be a thing. It's just a vocab test.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

It does beg the question, what would make a decent test for general intelligence? Is it even possible? I would want to include some of these (just riffing):

Manual dexterity and co-ordination

Ability to manage complex tasks

Ability to reason about complex concepts

Social ability and empathy (EQ I guess?)

Some ability with language and sentence construction

Ability to explain yourself and adapt to different people

Spiritual ability?

But I suppose any test you can come up with will be biased in some way and misses out on more specific intelligence.

57% paranoid

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Most surely there is linguistic intelligence. Some individuals are naturally talented to learn multiple languages, grammar structures and alphabets. Although I have no idea how such abstract fact could be quantified. 

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

14 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

@caspex

Holy damn

14 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

@caspex

I refuse to believe y'all took the same test.

Maybe the real IQ test is how much you care about IQ?

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, Keryo Koffa said:

Maybe the real IQ test is how much you care about IQ?

I have been considered an idiot enough times to take I.Q. tests seriously.  At least I can offer a counterargument.  As a software engineer, hell when I worked as a janitor my managers thought I was 'slow'.  By coincidence in a new city, people that knew me (I went to school with their cousins) explained I was considered a genius when in school.  It wasn't the first time. In many roles, I begin as 'brilliant', 'genius' and slowly degenerate into a pain in the ass.

Edited by El Zapato

"Te meteré el pie en el culo"

On 8/29/2024 at 2:04 AM, Leo Gura said:

Au contraire, my friend.  I see a lack of concise communication as a major issue in society?

20 hours ago, caspex said:

I refuse to believe y'all took the same test.

lol, unfortunately, I believe I took the right one, which for me was the wrong one.  Working memory, waitaminit, what was I thinking about? Truth is, I always have an excuse at hand, it was about 3:30 in the morning when I took it... 

6 hours ago, El Zapato said:

Au contraire, my friend.  I see a lack of concise communication as a major issue in society?

Au contraire, mon ami. Res ipsa loquitur—the conspicuous paucity of communiqué précis has, ipso facto, metamorphosed into an insidious malady afflicting our société. This lamentable lacuna in the art of perspicuous and succinct expression has become a pernicious causa causans, insidiously eroding the very corpus of our collective discourse, undermining the modus operandi of meaningful communication and leaving our dialogues mired in prolixity and obfuscation.

Advisement: This message has been generated by the digital intellect ex machina known as ChatGPT, a creation of artificial sagacity and eloquence.

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, caspex said:

Au contraire, mon ami. Res ipsa loquitur—the conspicuous paucity of communiqué précis has, ipso facto, metamorphosed into an insidious malady afflicting our société. This lamentable lacuna in the art of perspicuous and succinct expression has become a pernicious causa causans, insidiously eroding the very corpus of our collective discourse, undermining the modus operandi of meaningful communication and leaving our dialogues mired in prolixity and obfuscation.

Advisement: This message has been generated by the digital intellect ex machina known as ChatGPT, a creation of artificial sagacity and eloquence.

lol, Amen! Though admittedly I have been accused of sesquipedalian-like loquaciousness... :) 

Edited by El Zapato

On 8/29/2024 at 4:51 AM, Davino said:

Most surely there is linguistic intelligence. Some individuals are naturally talented to learn multiple languages, grammar structures and alphabets. Although I have no idea how such abstract fact could be quantified. 

Yes, there is verbal intelligence but it cannot be measured with vocab tests.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, caspex said:

@Nilsi Is that you? 😱 🤣

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, there is verbal intelligence but it cannot be measured with vocab tests.

I agree with that, synthesis of the words are what really matter.  In terms of reading comprehension, I am happy to self-aggrandize on that one.  I have always literally been off the charts. I saw one result where my spike was over the top line heading into infinity...no, not really but close.  Perfect score. Supposedly it is most closely matched to 'G'.

On 8/29/2024 at 5:36 AM, LastThursday said:

It does beg the question, what would make a decent test for general intelligence? Is it even possible? I would want to include some of these (just riffing):

Manual dexterity and co-ordination

Ability to manage complex tasks

Ability to reason about complex concepts

Social ability and empathy (EQ I guess?)

Some ability with language and sentence construction

Ability to explain yourself and adapt to different people

Spiritual ability?

But I suppose any test you can come up with will be biased in some way and misses out on more specific intelligence.

Nowadays, those are included in most examples. Good examples of alternative intelligence theories come from those living in harsh environments. Jungle dwellers, Frozen wastelands, etc., have people who fine-tune their environmental awareness to a degree that the city dweller would spend more than a lifetime attaining.

24 minutes ago, El Zapato said:

Jungle dwellers, Frozen wastelands, etc., have people who fine-tune their environmental awareness to a degree that the city dweller would spend more than a lifetime attaining.

Indeed, and probably vice versa. City life is super complex, put a jungle dweller in a city and see how they cope with tax returns xD

57% paranoid