Spiritual Warrior

This girl scares me because of how beautiful she is

62 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

There is this girl at my work that is the most beautiful creature I have ever met in my life. I cannot act normally around her and I'm constantly thinking about where she is in the room, if she's looking at me, etc...

I'm honestly not interested in this girl as a romantic partner, all I want to do is act normally around her so that I feel more comfortable at work.

If I am constantly thinking about her looking at me, then I must really care about what she thinks about me. That must be the root issue, but I'm just not sure how to deal with it.

Any advice? 

Edited by Spiritual Warrior

Stop putting her on a pedastle.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

It'll pass. Don't do anything. Allow it to dissolve on it's own.
It's easy for one to say you're putting her on a pedestal, but I think from what you've explained, it's got something to do with a memory. A mental flashback of something and I bet if you trace it back, you'll see that she reminds you of some event, circumstance, or experience you've had. I'm sure you've seen beautiful women before, but there's something about this one that triggers a memory.

Edited by Princess Arabia

Know thyself....

Posted (edited)

This reminds me of when I had a crush in high school, I could barely look at him because I felt shy and had him on a pedestal, not because of his looks, but because he had this ultra extroverted charming personality so opposite of me. So I can understand your feeling. The issue was me putting him on a pedestal, stemming from my own insecurity about myself.

Almost nobody needs to be put on pedestal like that but in particular not for their looks, it’s such a superficial trait, nothing one chooses. Doesn’t say anything about their character. Nothing to be intimidated by. But society puts looks (especially in women) on pedestal so it conditions us to do the same, so it’s understandable that it happens.  And maybe there is some biological component to it too, idk. Luckily one can work on this, by working on your own insecurities, your own mind.

Edited by Sugarcoat

21 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

This reminds me of when I had a crush in high school, I could barely look at him because I felt shy and had him on a pedestal, not because of his looks, but because he had this ultra extroverted charming personality so opposite of me. So I can understand your feeling. The issue was me putting him on a pedestal, stemming from my own insecurity about myself.

Almost nobody needs to be put on pedestal like that but in particular not for their looks, it’s such a superficial trait, nothing one chooses. Doesn’t say anything about their character. Nothing to be intimidated by. But society puts looks (especially in women) on pedestal so it conditions us to do the same, so it’s understandable that it happens.  And maybe there is some biological component to it too, idk. Luckily one can work on this, by working on your own insecurities, your own mind.

No, it's just human nature. 

The devil is in the details.

1 hour ago, Spiritual Warrior said:

I'm honestly not interested in this girl as a romantic partner, all I want to do is act normally around her so that I feel more comfortable at work.

Lol.

7 minutes ago, Schizophonia said:

No, it's just human nature. 

I mean I said maybe there’s some biological component too. But it can be worked on it’s not like everyone feels like this around a gorgeous woman

@Spiritual Warrior Didn't know you worked at a drive-thru. you gon' get through it, probably!

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

2 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:

@Spiritual Warrior Didn't know you worked at a drive-thru. you gon' get through it, probably!

Indeed she is very cute eheh. 

8 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

I mean I said maybe there’s some biological component too. But it can be worked on it’s not like everyone feels like this around a gorgeous woman

Yes ofc, it’s multifactorial.

Posted (edited)

@Spiritual Warrior Approach her (if you’re too much a coward take some Xanax :ph34r::)) and say her « Heyyy how are you ? »

And them you look at her quickly from the top to the bottom and you add, shaking slightly your head : «  So that’s would be this super bonus that the boss promised me next to my salary ? 🤔😎 »

Bom, garanted effect.

Edited by Schizophonia

Just now, Schizophonia said:

@Spiritual Warrior Approach her (if you’re too much a coward take some Xanax :ph34r::)) and say her « Heyyy how are you ? »

And them you look at her quickly from the top to the bottom and you add, shaking quickly your head : «  So that’s would be this super bonus that the boss promised me next to my salary ? 🤔😎 »

Bom, garanted effect.

Genius 😂

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

Genius 😂

Ty you, i still have plenty of other strategies in my pocket but i don't want to spoil my otter.

My (drunk) dad has learned me everything.

:)

Edited by Schizophonia

1 minute ago, Schizophonia said:

Ty you, i still have plenty of other strategies in my pocket but i don't want to spoil my otter.

My (drunk) dad has learned me everything.

:)

Best dad 😂

4 minutes ago, Sugarcoat said:

Best dad 😂

Real lol, imagine me...

But even worst. :)

Posted (edited)

Actually both my parents are the human embodiment of deceit, so with DNA alone I could only end up like this lol.

It's like a family of demonic elves crawling out of the asshole of a bad DMT trip were incarnated.

Ahah, whatever. 

Edited by Schizophonia

Just now, Sugarcoat said:

You’re worse than him or what u saying?

No he is worst.