Ramanujan

is finding your life purpose at age 28 problamatic

13 posts in this topic

i found my life purpose last year. now i am 28 and i am working from scratch. i need to get bachelors and masters degree . which take a long time. i am second guessing myself and thinking if finding my life purpose was worth it or not. i could have been well settled by now if i follow the normal route . i tried to find my life purpose for 9 years and i found it . and i am thinking if it was worth it. i am broke . need to spend some years gaining the degress and then ony can i get into a job .

on top of all that is that i am from 3rd world and i am fucked. we dont have enough opertunities like US. people who advocate for "follow your passion" are all from 1st world country . they have all the opertunities . well i am fucked

tell me what you all think

No it's just your ego.

The devil is in the details.

Posted (edited)

don't second guess what you are doing just do it and know its what you are supposed to be doing. Doing anything is exploring an infinity.

Edited by Hojo

You have 30 years before singularity hits and are at peak age to conquer the world, go for it!

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

I got fucked really hard by all these philosophies . I am from 3rd world country. Fuck. Competition is cut throat. Now i am 28 and have to start from scratch

This is not what i signed up for. I am in the top 5% of people from leos course who get results . I found my purpose. But I am fucked. India is not US. Opportunities are very low and there is over competition for everything

Wish i listened to my  parents and studied hard and got good grades and got a decent job

I am now in the process of  entering the workforce without a degree , because i spend my youth trying to figure out my life purpose.

Posted (edited)

Do what's necessary to even have the time to explore your passions. You can do both of them if you really have time.

The fact you can complain here about your life often tells me that you still have time to figure things out.

Edited by Nemra

On 8/17/2024 at 8:39 AM, Ramanujan said:

... well i am fucked

tell me what you all think

Do not repeat such words to yourself "... well i am fucked".

28 is VERY Young some found their life purpose at much older age.

Choose your thoughts carefully.

Forgive yourself for not listening to your parents - it is part of growing up ...

If you don't like your country - change it OR look for another country to immigrate to.

Reach for a inner-sense of Greatness YOU ARE much larger and stronger than any and all obstacles that you see in your way.

RISE above what you don't want and watch it fade away with the PAST.

Posted (edited)

On 17/08/2024 at 9:39 AM, Ramanujan said:

on top of all that is that i am from 3rd world and i am fucked. we dont have enough opertunities like US. people who advocate for "follow your passion" are all from 1st world country . they have all the opertunities . well i am fucked

Do you have reliable internet access or not? Can you receive payments from high paying countries?

If yes, then you're actually in an ADVANTAGE by being in a cheaper country with cheaper living standards. I'm from a "Third World country" myself, too.

But I wouldn't be stupid to do local jobs, I could get a decent living by going to university here and getting some "local job" but it takes just as much work as working for high paying clients online or building a business that targets them.

Start with improving your formatting in English with proper capitalization, and adding spaces only after commas and full-stop signs and always capitalizing the "I". (I know you could have styled it kinda sloppy just because we are writing informally here, I do that a lot of times too).

Most Brazilians I know are worst off than you, since they couldn't write what you just did in English without egregious mistakes.

There is no "fucked" here, the only fucked thing here is that you will have less time to enjoy your life purpose than someone that started earlier.

Just chill bro. Even if you answer no to both of my questions above (internet & payment processor) you can still find ways around it (Crypto payments, saving things offline, working asynchronously - i.e. something you don't need to be online all the time to do, etc.)

I'm 26 by the way, and I'm not panicking like that. It doesn't help. It takes many years to sort ourselves out.

Edited by Lucasxp64

Absolutely not. You might also have multiple life purpose in your life. But 28 is very young. Go get it. And if you really just now figured it, pour everything you have into it. Be smart but aggressive about it.

Posted (edited)

Of course not! I found mine at 28 

Life has its way of unfolding the chapters for you at the perfect time 

Edited by Spiritual Warrior

On 17.8.2024 at 2:39 PM, Ramanujan said:

well i am fucked

Please do yourself a favour and stop saying that about yourself. You found your life purpose and now go pedal to the metal and live it. You got this. 

Happily Insane

It is not really productive to think like that. I don't think it really matters how "fucked you are" financially as long as you have the means to make it, which you probably do. You just need to get on with it.

LucasPX64's advice is pretty good. You speak decent English and your smart enough to operate a computer.