Shodburrito

My Unique Perspective on Spirituality and Personal Evolution.

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

There is no such thing as being awake. There are only different degrees of breaking free from limitations. 

I do not believe that there is a moment when someone is enlightened or any objective measure of what "enlightement" is. I think that there are an infinite number of stories that humans can believe about reality, and the only difference between someone who is "awake" or someone who is "asleep" is realizing the relative nature of these stories. Billions of people believe in the story of religion; that there is an objective purpose to their life they must follow in some form. Others believe in the story of culture, that one should fit in or follow social norms. Others believe in a personal story they tell themselves, that there is some form of meaning to their life they create and an ethical system they must follow. But all these people and I believe even most people on this form do not realize they are living in a story which is not real.

I am not saying that everyone on here follows religion or cultural influences, what I am saying is that you have convinced yourself that your relative idea of what you must do with your life is an objective thing. That relative idea could be a spirituality concept like becoming a more loving person. But that is just a story you tell yourself and it has no objective validity for what you must do with your life.

The fact of reality that most on here cannot accept, because it is too radical, is that all your ideas about purpose, meaning, and the concept of what you must do, is relative. There is no being, doctrine, or spiritual teaching that forces you to exist in a certain way. Believing in the idea that you must exist in a certain way or do certain things are just limitations of your true potential.

For example: It is simply not true that becoming less attached to material desires is better for your life. The whole concept of "better" is a relative notion. Having someone else or some other being impose upon you their concept of what is "best" for your life is relative and limiting. Just because some guru thinks meditating and denying material wants will improve your life does not mean that is objectively true. Get this in your head: there is no objective determination of what is best for your life.

In this life we have the incredible power to answer that question for ourselves. Most humans throughout history have been limited by believing in such lies that one must do something. You don't need to do anything or become anyone. You don't need to believe in any idea or follow any ideaology about anything. You have total freedom to exist in the way that you enjoy the most. 

I am tired of people on here talking about their idea of what they highest awakening is "iT's SoLiPsIsM bRo, "It'S gIvInG Up mAtErIal wAnTs" or any other bs limiting idea. There is no measuring stick in the universe that will prove what the heights of extistence are, no guru that has the authority to tell you where the end of the road is. Stop limiting yourself by agreeing with the echo chamber on here about spirutuality. Leo Gura has had some profound insights, but he isn't the end all know all. There is certainly more above what he has realized. Why doesn't everyone try to bring to the table here their own new insights rather than arguing over the same regurgitated bs about what the highest awakening is. I don't care what the highest awakening is because there isn't one. There's always more.

If you want to tell yourself a story where the highest awakening and ideal to life is "X" then X will become the thing that limits you. You think its freedom when actually its just another chain your false identity has convinced you that you need in order to have meaning. 

For a group of people who sure like to talk about relativism, you seem to certainly hate any idea like mine that goes against your echo chamber. If I imply that , you don't have to meditate, you don't have to try and embody love, or you can be very attached to material desires, and that can be a better life than your idea of what humans should aspire to be, then I get bombared with hate. It's funny, for people who put on a mask of humility, y'all are so arrogant that you actually think that your idea of what is best in life is objective. Not even God can create objective meaning and you are certainly no god. You can't accept its all relative because thats too difficult and your ego fears it too much. You can't accept that embodying love is only relatively better than not embodying love. You can't accept that there is no need to follow any concept of what people should do with their lives because its too scary for you and it means your whole life has been a lie.

And I don't want to see one reply saying "You just clearly need to integrate your lower desires before pursuing spirituality!". What I'm saying is way deeper than that and you will probably never get it. I'm saying it doesn't matter what people do. They don't have to follow your idea of what is best, that's just a limitation you are imposing upon them. You will never find a religion, a spiritual teaching, or a god that can give your life meaning. You can exist any way you want even if that means that you believe in these limiting stories. While nearly everyone on here keeps trying to find the "truth of reality" and trying to "find" what they need to do with their lives, (because you will never find that answer) I am going to break down these limitations which prevent me from expressing myself how I truly enjoy, 

Edited by Shodburrito

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, Shodburrito said:

There is no such thing as being awake. There are only different degrees of breaking free from limitations. 

I do not believe that there is a moment when someone is enlightened or any objective measure of what "enlightement" is.

@Shodburrito  Keep an open mind that it can just be that you aren't enlightened.   How old are you - how much suffering have you had and how much meditation have you done - and has that meditation been the right kind.  Oh.. toss in genetics and brain chemistry.  Now..keep an open mind that it could be possible...Also you do realize that your conclusion is in fact an objective one.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 You’re imagining enlightenment. It’s a relative concept. I went through a profound amount of suffering when I was a child and teenager. I’m talking suicidal for years. I now forget what suffering even feels like. My age has no bearings on what I am saying. Wisdom has no age. Get that silly idea out of your head, Yes, I don’t care if I am stating there is no objective thing you must do. Any idea of what you must do is relative. It’s as simple as that. Even if a god gave my life a “purpose” that still is relative to that beings perspective.

Just now, Shodburrito said:

@Inliytened1 You’re imagining enlightenment. It’s a relative concept. I went through a profound amount of suffering when I was a child and teenager. I’m talking suicidal for years. I now forget what suffering even feels like. My age has no bearings on what I am saying. Wisdom has no age. Get that silly idea out of your head, Yes, I don’t care if I am stating there is no objective thing you must do. Any idea of what you must do is relative. It’s as simple as that. Even if a god gave my life a “purpose” that still is relative to that beings perspective.

Any idea of what you must do is of course relative.  Do whatever you want.  That has nothing to do with if enlightement is possible or not.  You seem to be conflating two different things.   No one is asking you to wake up.  Hell  - God wants you to stay asleep 😴   and you're God - so why not stay asleep?  Immersed in the dream.  Now that's comfort. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

@Inliytened1 lol you can’t even disprove what I’m saying. It’s only relatively better to be “enlightened” to your concept of what enlightenment is than to “stay asleep”. look at you getting offended about what I do with my life. You can believe all you want that I’m “asleep”, talk about dogmatism. Can’t even give a reason why I’m wrong or why I should follow your concept of what I should do with my life. aka you thinking I would be better “enlightened” whatever that means. you know how arrogant that is to basically say I’m wrong and your idea of what is best is right! Ha! Just proves you didn’t get the deep profundity of my post.

Edited by Shodburrito

@Shodburrito bro - I ain't here to walk you towards that.  It doesn't make you any better of a man.  But if you are a better man - you might awaken.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Posted (edited)

@Inliytened1 “Better man” that’s a relative value statement. Get this idea out of your head that there’s some objective “awakening” or “enlightenment”. The only reason you want there to be an end all be all Truth is because you need meaning in your life. I don’t need someone or some being to tell me what I need to do. Answer me this why is it better for me to be “awakened” than not? Try answering that without making a relative value claim. If you can’t, then stop implying I’d be better off following your idea about enlightenment.

Edited by Shodburrito

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Shodburrito said:

@Inliytened1 “Better man” that’s a relative value statement. Get this idea out of your head that there’s some objective “awakening” or “enlightenment”. The only reason you want there to be an end all be all Truth is because you need meaning in your life. I don’t need someone or some being to tell me what I need to do. Answer me this why is it better for me to be “awakened” than not? Try answering that without making a relative value claim. If you can’t, then stop implying I’d be better off following your idea about enlightenment.

@Shodburrito look at what I said.  I didnt say being awakened makes you better.  And how do you know that there isn't an Absolute Truth?  That God exists in fact?  Notice that you assume that i want there to be Truth.  But what if there actually is?  Have you pondered that?  If you say Truth doesn't exist- that's not a relative statement that's an objective one.  The atheist takes an objective stance.  

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Shodburrito  

You can polish your mind with meditation until it is completely quiet, even to absolute emptiness, and by doing this, in some cases reality opens up and its absolute essence is revealed. This is not something thinkable, nor even rememberable, it is what manifests itself when you transcend the relative

@Shodburrito If you start running, your body will adapt and enhance your speed, experience, metabolism, feelings, and health.

Same with spirituality. If you only ever listen to others, then it's all theoretical and infinitely dismissable.

Everything is made of the same substrate but within it are infinite experiences we are learning to navigate.

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

You confuse the means for the end

It's like you miss biology for its mechanics
It's like you miss psychology for its disorders
It's like you miss geometry for its formulas
It's like you miss spirituality for its crystals
It's like you miss science for its jargon
It's like you miss the motive for your projection
It's like you miss reality for its materialization
And of course, you miss enlightenment for its pointers

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

@Shodburrito Suffering, like Depression, Anxiety, Anger and such emotions and experiences, are objectively and medically proven are not healthy for Your Body and Your Mental state obviously, so although I agree in a way, Better/Worse, Good/Bad are just words we throw around and one persons Bad could be another persons Good, it is relative in some ways, this mostly has to do with Likes/Dislikes, not objective realities like Mental Health or Physical Health, and such things..

Concerning these words we use like Enlightenment and such, for me, they just represent certain possibilities and potentials, in the end we all have free will to decide how we want to be within ourselves and how our lives should be, if someone wants to live in a prison and say that is heaven then that is great for them, its not for me, and visa versa, if one thinks Enlightenment is relative to living an Ordinary Life (Work, Sleep, Family, Weekends off, Grandkids, Vacations, Retire then Die) then that is okay for THEM, its not for me, I see and understand up to a point the difference, its a matter of Potential for Me, living the Ordinary Life is low Potential, Enlightenment is the Highest Potential, we choose how to be and what to do, that is our choice...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

@Ishanga You’re missing my entire point. You are limiting yourself by seeing enlightenment as the highest potential. There is no highest potential. There is always more. Reality is infinite, there is no final moment where you are awakened. So believing that “enlightenment” is the final stage is just a box you’re putting yourself in and then proclaiming to the world that it is the final goal of your life. It’s not. You can achieve enlightenment then go 5 steps beyond. Just because you put yourself in a box and that’s all you can see doesn’t mean that’s the entire tapestry of possibilities. For example, enlightenment teachers usually purport that desires lead to suffering. While that may be true for most people, at a high enough level you can still be attached to any desire and transcend suffering almost entirely. But they don’t teach this because they limit themselves by saying that their concept of enlightenment is the highest goal in life. If you want that to be the final thing you can awaken to then fine, so be it. But there’s way more you haven’t even realized and you’re fooling yourself to think once you’re “enlightened” your done.

2 minutes ago, Shodburrito said:

@Ishanga You’re missing my entire point. You are limiting yourself by seeing enlightenment as the highest potential. There is no highest potential. There is always more. Reality is infinite, there is no final moment where you are awakened. So believing that “enlightenment” is the final stage is just a box you’re putting yourself in and then proclaiming to the world that it is the final goal of your life. It’s not. You can achieve enlightenment then go 5 steps beyond. Just because you put yourself in a box and that’s all you can see doesn’t mean that’s the entire tapestry of possibilities. For example, enlightenment teachers usually purport that desires lead to suffering. While that may be true for most people, at a high enough level you can still be attached to any desire and transcend suffering almost entirely. But they don’t teach this because they limit themselves by saying that their concept of enlightenment is the highest goal in life. If you want that to be the final thing you can awaken to then fine, so be it. But there’s way more you haven’t even realized and you’re fooling yourself to think once you’re “enlightened” your done.

Yes I can agree with this, I believe in Levels of Reality, Levels of Perception and Experience for sure...Enlightenments is a word, we can't get hung up on it, this only happens because we are addicted to our Intellects, Minds, Thought, Ideologies and we want absolute definitions of things and concrete paths to goals and such...Its just a word to describe Ultimate Potential, but I do believe that as a Human Being we have a limit, if our Energies rise to a certain Intensity we may leave the body, and such things of this nature, we can never "Understand" Reality, we can Experience it too a point, but sooner or later one has to drop this Body Mind complex and merge with Existence and Reality!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru