Scholar

One Body Two Souls?

64 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@Salvijus posted a video in another thread about a person, or I guess a body, that is inhabited by two souls.

I was very skeptical but watching the video, I am not sure what to make of this.

Is it fake, a lie? Is it some sort of neuological condition? Or maybe an actual spiritual phenomena?

Could this be related to reports of people switching bodies in India, and various reports of reincarnation?

If it is just completely fake that is some genius level stuff to pull of.

Maybe it isn't as impressive as I'm thinking, given someone were to practice this all day every day for years.

Edited by Scholar

This makes me think of the movie Split, which I believe may be based on real people with similar conditions.

Very strange, who knows. If we get to a point where we can scientifically validate a soul, perhaps we'll observe two when we look at a person like this. Or perhaps not, and we'll instead just see an attention-seeking weirdo. I agree though that it seems difficult to keep up the charade, assuming that's what's going on here.

Why would it be fake?

Multiple personality disorder is a well-known thing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Multiple personality disorder is a well-known thing

That would be a very lazy assessment of the case found in that video. 

You cannot love what you need.

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

That would be a very lazy assessment of the case found in that video. 

What is the difference in your analysis?

I'm not saying it is or isn't. I'm just saying it's not so surprising.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

What is the difference in your analysis?

I'm not saying it is or isn't. I'm just saying it's not so surprising.

I would have to rewatch to answer that question in fairness. 

From what I can remember they say then went to multiple psychotherapy doctors to see if it's some kind of mental disorder but had to rule out that in the end. 

They speak about that they don't lose conciousness when the other person takes over, how they abide in some weird out of body space sort of. 

How one person can control one arm and another can control another arm. And how they in the beginning stages were fighting over the control of the body and experience huge pain in the nervous system as a result of that. And were basicly forced to live in harmony.

How they tried to astral project both out of the body. Had succeess. But were not ready for that. For some reason it was a scary experience for them. 

They seem to have different talents. Like the girl is not good at IT and math. So the other guy does all that work. 

Mmm... If I rewatched the video I could probably mention more. 

Edited by Salvijus

I haven't watched it fully yet and it's a crazily interesting phenomenon. Personally, so far, I lean towards multiple personality disorder/Dissociative Identity Disorder.

Just going by the story so Tristan was a 22 year old man who basically lost his body to a female soul that then took it over and changed his gender so she could be comfortable. Wouldn't that be like psychopathic theft? 

<3

We all have Multiple Personalities. Most of us are simply oblivious to them, it's kinda like Stage Blue, we rationalize it all as one.

In special cases like this one, two autonomously coordinate a singular body while keeping their individual sense of self intact.

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Salvijus said:

From what I can remember they say then went to multiple psychotherapy doctors to see if it's some kind of mental disorder but had to rule out that in the end. 

It just sounds like a unique kind of multiple personality situation.

It doesn't have to be literally that, but some variation of it. There is endless variety of weird brain states and conditions.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

It just sounds like a unique kind of multiple personality situation.

It doesn't have to be literally that, but some variation of it. There is endless variety of weird brain states and conditions.

Like Special Relativity being a subset of General Relativity, except who's to say who's actually the subset of who anyway

Posted (edited)

Fair enough. Multiple personality situation is one possible explanation here. But at the very least the video should make one question the existance of a soul as a real thing. The internet is full of such videos proving paranormal phenomena like this nowadays. Maybe the mystics were telling the truth when they were speaking about such things as reincarnation, souls, angelic/demonic possessions, speaking to the dead etc. 

If that video was not convincing enough that souls exists, maybe this will do. A well documented, medically studied case of a random dude who claimed to have another soul living inside of him, and that soul was performing surgeries on people even tho the first guy had no medical background. And was able to say things that he had no knowledge about. Also his medical methods were nothing short of a supernatural. 

Edited by Salvijus

2 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

The existence of a soul

How about the metaphysics of the soul?

soul1.png

soul2.png

You’re just going to have to accept that it is some form of multiple personality disorder. You can fantasise as much a you like about two souls. But at the end of the day, if you are realized enough, you will have already realised there is no individual soul. So be assured, that this person does not have two

@Dazgwny You’re just going to have to accept that it is some form of two souls. You can fantasise as much a you like about multiple personality disorder. But at the end of the day, if you are realized enough, you will have already realised there is no person. So be assured, that this individual soul does have two

What is the difference between a "soul" and a second personality?

37 minutes ago, Dazgwny said:

But at the end of the day, if you are realized enough, you will have already realised there is no individual soul.

Except that there are countless reports of enlightened masters and mystics saying otherwise. 

1 minute ago, Salvijus said:

Except that there are countless reports of enlightened masters and mystics saying otherwise. 

Buddha actually denied the existence of soul, and that's how Hinduism/Buddhism has split.

But you can also find this out by having a total breakthrough with psychedelics for example

1 minute ago, questionreality said:

Buddha actually denied the existence of soul, and that's how Hinduism/Buddhism has split.

Tibetan buddhism won't shut up talking about the disembodied beings, how to work with them, how to use them, the book of bardo, the book of death is all about how to transition the soul from one stage to another. 

2 minutes ago, questionreality said:

But you can also find this out by having a total breakthrough with psychedelics for example

Mmm... I don't trust psychedelics. And some psychonouts actually encounter disembodied beings. Shamans for example won't shut up about their encounters with spirits and such. 

28 minutes ago, Jehovah increases said:

One

Infinite