CARDOZZO

Ken Wilber - Why Should I Read His Books?

34 posts in this topic

"The ego adopts the viewpoint of matter, and therefore is constantly trapped by matter—trapped and tortured by the physics of pain. But pain, too, arises in your consciousness, and you can either be in pain, or find pain in you, so that you surround pain, are bigger than pain, transcend pain, as you rest in the vast expanse of pure Emptiness that you deeply and truly are."

👁️

13 hours ago, Nilsi said:

The issue is that he overgeneralizes complex philosophical ideas and thinkers to fit his own narrative.

I recall an interview where Wilber mentioned reading two to three books in the morning to gather material for his work. He was specifically searching for certain patterns in these works and selectively used them to confirm his biases.

My main issue is the know-it-all attitude with which he then presents these ideas, as if skimming a few books or reading the glossary of a deep thinker’s work while having breakfast suddenly makes him an authority on the subject.

Interesting take. 

Ime , I don’t get that vibe from him. It seems like he does some pretty deep research and simply finds the correlating patterns between studies. 

I’m sure he is able to understand complex works and still integrate into his models. 

I do see what you mean with the sense of superiority in his models though. Like they are the “King Models.” 

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

"Unity consciousness, however, is not so much a particular wave as it is the water itself.

And there is no boundary, no difference, no separation between water and any of the waves.

That is, the water is equally present in all waves, in the sense that no wave is wetter than another.

So if you are looking for “wetness” itself—the condition of all waves—nothing whatsoever will be gained by jumping from one wave to another.

In fact, there is much to lose, for as long as you are wave-jumping in search of wetness, you obviously will never discover that wetness exists in its purity on whatever wave you’re riding now.

Seeking unity consciousness is like jumping from one wave of experience to another in search of water. And that is why “there is neither path nor achievement.”

How to talk your way to success: The theory of everything way.

On 13/08/2024 at 7:12 PM, CARDOZZO said:

Jed McKenna

Who is this? Can you send a link please.

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

15 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

^ No Boundary ❤️

2 hours ago, hyruga said:

How to talk your way to success: The theory of everything way.

:D

Fuck the haters or what people say, Ken Wilber is a beast and IMO he's the GOAT 

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

On 18.8.2024 at 7:24 PM, CARDOZZO said:

"Unity consciousness, however, is not so much a particular wave as it is the water itself.

And there is no boundary, no difference, no separation between water and any of the waves.

That is, the water is equally present in all waves, in the sense that no wave is wetter than another.

So if you are looking for “wetness” itself—the condition of all waves—nothing whatsoever will be gained by jumping from one wave to another.

In fact, there is much to lose, for as long as you are wave-jumping in search of wetness, you obviously will never discover that wetness exists in its purity on whatever wave you’re riding now.

Seeking unity consciousness is like jumping from one wave of experience to another in search of water. And that is why “there is neither path nor achievement.”

:/

:o

:)

@CARDOZZO  thanks for the links

Anyone who says they’re enlightened on this form in anyway is not, except me I am. 

BECAUSE [THE] Nondual condition is the nature or suchness of any and all states—because this Emptiness is one with whatever Forms arise—then the world of Form will continue to arise, and you will continue to relate to Form.

You will not try to get out of it, or away from it, or suspend it. You will enter it fully. And since Forms continue to arise, then you are never at an end point where you can say, “Here, I am fully Enlightened.”

In these traditions, Enlightenment is an ongoing process of new Forms arising, and you relate to them as Forms of Emptiness.

You are one with all these Forms as they arise. And in that sense, you are “enlightened,” but in another sense, this enlightenment is ongoing, because new Forms are arising all the time.

You are never in a discrete state that has no further development. You are always learning new things about the world of Form, and therefore your overall state is always evolving itself.

So you can have certain breakthrough Enlightenment experiences—satori, for example—but these are just the beginning of an endless process of riding the new waves of Form as they ceaselessly arise. So in this sense, in the Nondual sense, you are never “fully” Enlightened, any more than you could say that you are “fully educated.” It has no meaning.