Ishanga

Practical Spirituality!

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Not sure if this goes with the conversation exactly. I was just reading something about that, true awakenings, the really big ones, only happen once or twice in a persons lifetime, and you aren’t in control of making it happen, even if you’re doing everything right, the right meditation, the right practice, Its completely outside of what the ego wants. Further that when it comes, a person must be ready for it and grab onto it or else it’ll pass and you’ll miss the moment or opportunity. However with that said, these moments come usually around either the peak of a persons development in their life, or during their worst times, “Dark night of the soul”. Something about opposites, can’t have good without bad, up without down, as above so below, etc, that’s why it happens, if it happens, at the best and or worst periods of a persons life. Something about this seems to feel right in my mind… maybe. 

Edited by Cosmic-Resplendence

2 hours ago, CARDOZZO said:

If you want to develop red, blue, orange.

Keep a meditation practice while mastering survival :D 

As Leo said: burn through karma.

much appreciated!

4 hours ago, Ishanga said:

Unfortunately True, its a certain kind here, but I'm only sharing maybe someone will pick up on it and change, what else can one do eh?

Maybe it's unfortunate, maybe it isn't. I put myself in this situation before and learned from it, I adopted other people's language and words and beliefs that weren't my own for my own spiritual experiences. When people start to want to make progress and resolve any issues they have and really live, they will make these choices for themselves. Everyone is responsible for their life. 

4 hours ago, Sincerity said:

True spirituality is within the plot of life. There's no greater spirituality than being engaged in whatever the heart is calling to - be that making money, building a great relationship, exercising, et cetera.

Of course the heart might also call for serious psychedelic exploration or intense meditation.

The heart knows what is best at the moment. If it tells you to go for that ICE, that's the way. It's cretinic to try to force things and "be spiritual" at all costs. All will unfold naturally.

People don't understand the FLOW OF LIFE in this forum. Leo doesn't as well, or at least he doesn't preach it and due to this the forum is as autistic as it is. Too fucking intellectual and detached from the plot. Too little heart and down-to-earthness coming from living the plot.

Flow of life, well said. I agree with what you said. I realized all those insane states aren't "better" than sober consciousness, just as any chapter in a book isn't better than the other since they are each needed to tell a story. Just this comparison is laughable when it comes to living life, which is inescapable if you have a body. We have no choice but to be responsible for our lives. It's not possible to get out of this.  

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, Ishanga said:

I thought "Hey this person is really on their way", then they post how they are in a park somewhere during the weekday, mid afternoon, taking some pill that gives them some experience of God, lol, and they are on here everyday for hours,

Be careful, maybe you will become a gossiping brother-in-law who is scandalized by non-normative people 😅. I understand that for you things must be exactly in a way, the right clothes, the right job, maybe go to church on Sundays, etc, but there is another option: go beyond the appearance and focus on the essence

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 hour ago, Breakingthewall said:

Be careful, maybe you will become a gossiping brother-in-law who is scandalized by non-normative people 😅. I understand that for you things must be exactly in a way, the right clothes, the right job, maybe go to church on Sundays, etc, but there is another option: go beyond the appearance and focus on the essence

Yes for each their own way, but in the end its not empowering to rely on outside substances to bring about states of Experience, hands down this is proven to be so, but each can go their own path, Karma will play its game and life will work out as it does, we have to be Aware of what is Empowering and What is not to make it a life with less suffering and more Joy and Aliveness, the drugs don't help in that direction!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

41 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

Yes for each their own way, but in the end its not empowering to rely on outside substances to bring about states of Experience, hands down this is proven to be so, but each can go their own path, Karma will play its game and life will work out as it does, we have to be Aware of what is Empowering and What is not to make it a life with less suffering and more Joy and Aliveness, the drugs don't help in that direction!

You speak from unfounded prejudice. The use of substances for evasion is not the same as for deepening and dissolving. One person is not the same as another, one circumstance or another. For example, Ram Dass, a writer of spirituality of the highest level, was a defender of the use of LSD, mystics have used natural psychedelics since human beings have existed. at a given moment external and internal are the same. We all depend on the "external", without food you die. Is that disempowering? Without an open mind, spirituality becomes religion. 

3 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

You speak from unfounded prejudice. The use of substances for evasion is not the same as for deepening and dissolving. One person is not the same as another, one circumstance or another. For example, Ram Dass, a writer of spirituality of the highest level, was a defender of the use of LSD, mystics have used natural psychedelics since human beings have existed. at a given moment external and internal are the same. We all depend on the "external", without food you die. Is that disempowering? Without an open mind, spirituality becomes religion. 

Food is a survival aspect not drugs, we don't need psychedelics to survive, and any good spiritual master will not promote using them to advance on the path, its just ppl using some sort line of information to support why they do something, it makes them feel better for using it...

To put it simply, Your body has its own pharmacy within it, if You can access it, and  you can, then you can create whatever drug you want naturally, this is Always Always superior to using outside substances!! The Bliss that is available to all of Us can come naturally, that is all that needs to be said, via that Bliss Awareness opens up and the same revelations are revealed, those that use drugs consistently are cheating essentially and karmically this will catch up to them!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

11 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

The Bliss that is available to all of Us can come naturally, that is all that needs to be said, via that Bliss Awareness opens up and the same revelations are revealed, those that use drugs consistently are cheating essentially and karmically this will catch up to them!

Maybe you don't understand what is sought with drug use. There are people who seek the dissolution of barriers very seriously, they perceive it as what they have to do in this life. So, practicing meditation for several hours each day, you perceive insurmountable barriers, energetic walls of your structure, and you perceive that there are substances that weaken them, so you use them and that's it.

It is not about seeking bliss or well-being, it is about seeking the breaking down of barriers, a step that is perceived as absolutely necessary, the same as other people have perceived art, war, or anything else as necessary. It is a push of life, not a personal choice

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Maybe you don't understand what is sought with drug use. There are people who seek the dissolution of barriers very seriously, they perceive it as what they have to do in this life. So, practicing meditation for several hours each day, you perceive insurmountable barriers, energetic walls of your structure, and you perceive that there are substances that weaken them, so you use them and that's it.

It is not about seeking bliss or well-being, it is about seeking the breaking down of barriers, a step that is perceived as absolutely necessary, the same as other people have perceived art, war, or anything else as necessary. It is a push of life, not a personal choice

Proper Yoga is not about seeking Bliss either, Bliss is just the foundation, as Yoga is about breaking barriers as well, so that one can perceive Reality in its Truth, but thru the path of Bliss it is much easier and safer, than drugs or any other method for the person using it! 

A huge problem around here I see is that ppl are denying the basic Human Qualities of Peace, Happiness, Bliss and such as not so important, but its just the basis of Your everyday Life, if You negate that, ignore it, then Life will bite You hard, there's way to much abstract talk and thinking about things that are way beyond one's actual situation and experience of Life, hence talking about Death, Absolute, Imaginary Life, God and such are useless conversations in reality, its get one in a circle jerk of nothing!

Edited by Ishanga

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

Proper Yoga is not about seeking Bliss either, Bliss is just the foundation, as Yoga is about breaking barriers as well, so that one can perceive Reality in its Truth, but thru the path of Bliss it is much easier, than drugs or any other method for the person using it!

That's no my way. I have never adapted nor will I adapt to anything organized, to any system, teaching, ancient practice, it is absolutely impossible. My path is different, and it is absolutely clear and without the slightest doubt, which has its advantages, and disadvantages. 

Of course, I don't claim that it's the only possible path, others totally different are absolutely legit , but for other people. Each person has very different structures, then it's nonsense trying to homogenize spirituality or anything else

Edited by Breakingthewall