Something Funny

Jordan Peterson is deranged

81 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, questionreality said:

Way to point the fingers at others and excusing your own behavior. JP is no near close to being arrogant, perhaps you don't know what arrogance means?

He is arrogant. He is arrogantly calling others selfish, evil, hedonistic, not even bothering to investigate whether its true or not. Not my fault that you are blind.

3 minutes ago, questionreality said:

Since you identify yourself as the progressive, what I said clearly applies to you. 

Where did I identify myself as anything? Like I said, I don't even remember talking to you.

3 minutes ago, questionreality said:

You virtue signal, and promote inclusion, compassion, and acceptance, but when it comes to people that you don't like, you throw it all away. 

Nice assumptions. You know me so well. Seriously, did I lose my memory and you are my 20-year-long friend?

4 minutes ago, questionreality said:

Being compassionate and inclusive has no conditions - either you are, or you are not. 

This is just objectively not the case. If you look at real reality, you will have a super hard time finding examples of unconditional compassion and inclusivity. Mind giving me some?

On the other hand, almost everyone feels conditional compassion on some level. It is totally human.

When he talks about anti-natalists being crazy and selfish psychopath, I feel compassion for anti-natalists for being so misunderstood and wrongly accused. Because I talked to some anti-natalist people, and they were super sweet, kind and self-less. I don't feel compassion towards JP for twisting truth and trash talking about others like that.

@Something Funny 

If you care about understanding Musk, I highly recommend his latest biography by Walter Isacsoon.

It's quite detailed and long but not boring. Elon's life haven't been boring.

I think Walter likes Elon, but he doesn't sugarcoat anything, and clearly disagrees with him on many things. (I watched interviews with W.I.)

From the book you can learn about Musk's vision and shadows, and how do they show in his professional and personal life.

@Something Funny Shhh! Don't take it personally, @questionreality is not attacking you, he's attacking a self-projected strawman based on what he associates with your demographic and political orientation because you insulted his favorite Intellectual! Calm down, this is leading nowhere, trust me, I've been here before, anger wastes your energy even if it feels right.

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

This is a good interview, probably more along the lines of what Leo was talking about:

16 hours ago, Something Funny said:

Jordan Peterson talks like he is on crack. He speaks super fast and with kind of anxiety. His head looks like it is about to explode. 

He honestly sounds a bit insane.

Reading that then looking at the side of his head in the thumbnail cracked me up 😆 IDK Y

This dude said he works to the edge of sanity and it’s all to bring value to humans. He then says even his fucking is philanthropic. He has so many kids because he’s worried about population collapse and he needs to set an example. 

When Elon gets his dick wet, we’re the real winners. 

Genghis Khan vibes xD

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

One of the things I appreciated in the TED interview was Elon’s answer about his motivation to help humanity.

He mentions that he is looking to preserve consciousness (sort of unnecessary, but okay). And he also is looking to provide a foundation for humanity to answer more philosophical, deeper questions about existence.

I think he was genuine in his response on this, despite whatever ways devilry might corrupt things. And I would think most of us here could appreciate that response as well, given the goals of this forum.

Isn't he a Trump admirer? 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

Just now, Buck Edwards said:

Isn't he a Trump admirer? 

Elon supports Trump, yes.

Musk is baffoon.

AI basically will give underdeveloped, less intelligent people the ability to frame their biases in a more sophisticated manner such that progress will be much harder to achieve, given that people can simply remain within their bubbles of bias. If you were worried how bigots and baffoons were able to convince the ignorance masses in the past, prepare for hell.

You can already see this happening, as I predicted when the models initially surfaced.

And like with social media, there is literally nothing that anyone will do about it until significant damage to society is done. This is why giving biased apes powerful technology is such a bad idea, because it allows them to get away with even less wisdom than before.

Posted (edited)

Basically, Jordan Peterson is the demonstration for how intelligence can be completely subservient to bias and ignorance.

Now, AI basially is a subservient intelligence. It has no agency, and therefore no wisdom. With the amount of damage someone like Peterson alone can do, beause of how convincing he can appear to the biased masses, imagine if everyone had a personal Jordan Peterson^10 inside their pockets. That's the world we speak of. 

People think that the major threats around humanities survival lie in external problems, in conflict between societies or nature. But the reality is, there is a far more sinister threat that is occuring on the informational level of society, that was always present. Due to the interconnectedness of the world, and the development of a sort of global digital mind, that basically rules the perception of our realities, these kinds of technologies introduce something that is equivalently dangerous as schizophrenia is to a tribesman.

You can say the most dangerous things for a tribesman are the lions that lurk in the tall grass, or the threat of starvation or other tribes. But really, schizophrenia, such that you can no longer keep reality apart from your personal imagination, is far, far more dangerous, because it exponentiates every threat that exists and creates threats where there should no none.

AI basially is like the introduction of a powerful form of imagination into the global digital mind, which could very easily lead to a sort of global psychosis.

We don't realize just how bad things can get, before they get bad, and so we are not even aware of how significant the dangers here are.

We had the luxury that technology was kind of ruled by more developed human beings. Social media was basically biased towards progress. But this is far from certain, and it seems to be changing now, as you can observe someone like Elon Musk taking over the space. He will amplify his own biases, just as the progressives did in the past.

Edited by Scholar

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Something Funny said:

You know, no matter where the discussion goes, this is the reaction:

r.gif

Edited by Keryo Koffa

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

17 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

@Scholar you should check Leo's comments about Elon. He has a point.

What comments? I never heard Elon say a smart thing.

3 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

@Scholar

Just tell me a single insightful thing he said.

@Scholar it's literally one paragraph...

The insightful thing is that everyone is on a bandwagon of judging Elon based on Twitter comments and other random social media posts they see about it. This is very unoriginal and unintelligent.

A smart thing to do would be to actually study him, without judgement, and gain deeper understanding of his personality, and then form your opinion based on that. Because there are things that you could respect about him, even if his politics are bad.