Davino

Warning: Read this If you do Pranayama/Breathing Exercises

76 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Something Funny said:

I see. Thank you.

If I were to commit to it, what kind of results can I expect (more or less)?

I have no idea.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

For yoga or meditation to be effective it has to be done rigorously and methodically in huge quantities.

Do you mean doing the routine daily and paying full attention to it? 

Or do you mean doing them full-time like a monk?

Also, are you comparing their potential effectiveness to psychedelic states? or effective in their own ways, or effective in the sense of what's promised from experienced practitioners and teachers.

@Leo Gura Do you still meditate for one hour?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

6 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura Do you still meditate for one hour?

No

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, bazera said:

@Leo Gura

Do you mean doing the routine daily and paying full attention to it? 

Or do you mean doing them full-time like a monk?

I mean hardcore retreats (for meditation).

Or years of consistent Kriya yoga.

Also, are you comparing their potential effectiveness to psychedelic states? or effective in their own ways, or effective in the sense of what's promised from experienced practitioners and teachers.

I don't compare to psychedelics. There is no comparison for that.

Edited by Leo Gura

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I don't compare to psychedelics. There is no comparison for that.

Cant wait for the day you drop this fantasy

10 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No

Why? You were such a big proponent of meditation and its benefits. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

2 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Why? You were such a big proponent of meditation and its benefits. 

Because I've understood things no meditation can show.

@Leo Gura What about a baseline of consciousness? Isn't that a purpose of meditation or yoga to increase that overtime? Don't you want that?

1 hour ago, Something Funny said:

I understand the issue with "brainless" spirituality. Are there any pros for doing it?

Yes, you don't have to go trial and error, someone has done the job for you. 

There is a technique, you execute and get benefited. It's usually bulletproof and very tested/mapped.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

1 hour ago, What Am I said:

In regards to the thread topic, I never really liked breathwork for this exact reason. It seems too dangerous with too many unwanted physical side effects. If the goal is purification, mental control, and more, I believe this can all be achieved without utilizing breathing techniques. It may be a bit trickier to access it all directly rather than utilizing the physiological changes inherent in breathwork, but it's a better and safer path forward imo.

I have found breathwork most direct. If you have 10min before work, it's your way to go. It changes your state and gives you an energetic boost. I love pranayama, despite this shitty accident.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

14 minutes ago, Davino said:

I have found breathwork most direct. If you have 10min before work, it's your way to go. It changes your state and gives you an energetic boost. I love pranayama, despite this shitty accident.

It's possible I should take another look at it. I just hated the feelings of being lightheaded and the discomfort from my previous attempts. Maybe that's a phase that can be broken through.

Posted (edited)

@Ishanga he isn't a God he has stated several times he is just a mechanic that knows the inside and out of the human body. He can watch your breathe like a car shooting out exhaust and know whats wrong with you. He's just here to fix cars that aren't running properly. He knows the spiritual plane. Opening the car door. I even heard him say the human body comes with a clicker to lock it when you leave the body.

Edited by Hojo

Posted (edited)

@Something Funny no he's not helping you leo is just doing philosophy it has nothing to do with the vehicle except its a way to understand what you are. Sadhguru is a mechanic meaning he can look at the car you are in and fix it. Leo can't do that he can just play word games to wake you up.

Leo says these two words mean nothing get it?

Sadhguru says stand in front of me and I will fully fix your vehicle.

Edited by Hojo

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Because I've understood things no meditation can show.

You are not in isolation. You are at the crest of a wave, and then it filters down.

Your words, actions, energy and the ripples bring those realisations to all of us slowly. That's why it gets a bit easier for others to have awakenings and such as more people have them. Incidently that's why I don't like when you hold back information because we are not receiving it fully yet. I feel like saying: Well yeah obviously! That'll take more of the collective to have those experiences first.

@What Am I There are many techniques, find the most suited for you. These three techniques are my favourites, here I send you my playlist:

56 minutes ago, Davino said:

@What Am I There are many techniques, find the most suited for you. These three techniques are my favourites, here I send you my playlist:

Very cool, thanks for the guidance.

4 hours ago, BlueOak said:

Your words, actions, energy and the ripples bring those realisations to all of us slowly. That's why it gets a bit easier for others to have awakenings and such as more people have them. Incidently that's why I don't like when you hold back information because we are not receiving it fully yet. I feel like saying: Well yeah obviously! That'll take more of the collective to have those experiences first.

That's an interesting way to see it. I think there is some truth to that.

On 8/12/2024 at 1:32 PM, Davino said:

I'll consider heavily to do all pranayama lying down for safety reasons.

A word of caution: Don't dismiss the fact it's causing you to faint. Altering your breathing effects your SpO2 which in turn can have an adverse effect on your overall body chemistry. Listen to what your body is telling you.