Davino

Warning: Read this If you do Pranayama/Breathing Exercises

76 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura I understand the issue with "brainless" spirituality. Are there any pros for doing it? Were there any long term benefits after all the meditations, breath work practices, and yoga sessions?

19 hours ago, OBEler said:

@Daniel123 when did this happen, you did shambhavi mahamudra?

Was it after breath of fire in the Bandha lock where you hold your breath as long as comfortable?

@OBEler  I actually never experienced any discomfort or loss of consciousness during shambavi mahamudra.

It was another technique that involved deep in- and outbreaths that was not part of the Inner Engineering program.

But it was mostly my fault for sitting on the bed instead of the floor with my back not supported.

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

@Leo Gura I understand the issue with "brainless" spirituality. Are there any pros for doing it?

To be clear, I never said you shouldn't do yoga or whatever practice you have.

I merely made a comment about the way I saw people doing spirituality at Isha.

I am NOT disputing the benefits of yoga. Nor am I saying Sadhguru is bad.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura I understand. But I am actually not sure about the goal of it.

With what you are teaching, it's clear that the goal is understanding and god realization.

But what about all the physical practices? Sure, they make you feel good and can be used for emotional regulation, but what is the long-term point?

I didn't notice any lasting mental changes from meditation or breathwork.

Posted (edited)

E6A28130-42C7-47E3-8499-AFA687415CA3.jpegAnd if you aren’t getting up I guess you’re dying? 

Edited by Cosmic-Resplendence

1 minute ago, Something Funny said:

With what you are teaching, it's clear that the goal is understanding and god realization.

But what about all the physical practices? Sure, they make you feel good and can be used for emotional regulation, but what is the long-term point?

You should take that up with your guru.

Posted (edited)

@Leo Gura but you are my guru :ph34r:

I just practiced random yoga and breath work exercises from random people, and did some meditation techniques from your videos. It felt good while I did them, but like I said, I don't think they did anything permanent.

I guess I developed better self-awareness.

Edited by Something Funny

2 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

I just practiced random yoga and breath work exercises from random people, and did some meditation techniques from your videos. It felt good while I did them, but like I said, I don't think they did anything permanent.

A guru as sadhguru has said is a mechanic. Leo is not a mechanic hes still trying to fix his own car

7 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

The goal or aim of practice of Yoga (look up 8 limb yoga it explains it clearly as a system to bring Your to Enlightenment or Realization) is like going up a set of stairs to another level of a house, once You go up its not easy to come down, so its a step by step approach..

How do You get to Understanding and God Realization if you are not even Peaceful within Yourself naturally? From what I see around here via trip reports, yes lots have great realizations of God and all of this, but they go thru hell to get there and then none of it sticks, they have to do it hundreds and hundreds of times, and this is dangerous for sure, risky to say the least.

With Yoga its a much safer and stable path, first get Peaceful, no Stress possible in Your Life, then Life will naturally progress and go to wherever it is you want it too go!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

@Something Funny Guru isn't a word that ought to be thrown around like that, nobody is a guru without the proper mastery over the system and Leo doesn't pass that benchmark. 

Posted (edited)

In regards to the thread topic, I never really liked breathwork for this exact reason. It seems too dangerous with too many unwanted physical side effects. If the goal is purification, mental control, and more, I believe this can all be achieved without utilizing breathing techniques. It may be a bit trickier to access it all directly rather than utilizing the physiological changes inherent in breathwork, but it's a better and safer path forward imo.

Edited by What Am I

@Ishanga that does sound nice.

2 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

From what I see around here via trip reports, yes lots have great realizations of God and all of this, but they go thru hell to get there and then none of it sticks, they have to do it hundreds and hundreds of times, and this is dangerous for sure, risky to say the least.

Lots of people also do hardcore yoga practices, retreats, fasts, meditations, etc., get amazing insights, but also fail to integrate it and so none of it sticks.

4 minutes ago, Hojo said:

A guru as sadhguru has said is a mechanic. Leo is not a mechanic hes still trying to fix his own car

I wouldn't say that is the case, he is more like a fire and you need warmth, so you get close to the fire for warmth.. With Spirituality, its about living via Experience to your Highest Potential and Possibility, he just helps you get there within this lifetime and not many, like a gps maps app, why not use it rather than getting lost? Unless Your goal is too get lost, but this can be timely and not so much fun especially with Spirituality.. 

Leo is not fixing his own car, he used psychedelics to get there, that is using something to help him along the way, Yoga is like this as well but its a much safer and stable path...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Just now, Socrates said:

@Something Funny Guru isn't a word that ought to be thrown around like that, nobody is a guru without the proper mastery over the system and Leo doesn't pass that benchmark. 

I use that word the way I like it.

I consider Leo to be my guru. You are free to have your own definition.

7 minutes ago, Hojo said:

I don't get the metaphor. If Leo is still trying to fix my car, then he IS a mechanic?

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Something Funny said:

For yoga or meditation to be effective it has to be done rigorously and methodically in huge quantities.

Dabbling in it will not produce much if any results. It's all or nothing sorta thing.

I am not a yoga teacher.

To get results from meditation requires doing hardcore retreats.

Edited by Leo Gura

Just now, Leo Gura said:

For yoga or meditation to be effective it has to be done rigorously and methodically in huge quantities.

Dabbling in it will not produce much if any results. It's all or nothing sorta thing.

I see. Thank you.

If I were to commit to it, what kind of results can I expect (more or less)?

1 minute ago, Something Funny said:

@Ishanga that does sound nice.

Lots of people also do hardcore yoga practices, retreats, fasts, meditations, etc., get amazing insights, but also fail to integrate it and so none of it sticks.

yes that is why the guru is there to help, who's going to help you when the dmt trip goes nuts and its dangerious..

Sooner or later, no matter if Sadhguru or someone else is the Guru, You have to take responsibility for it yourself, that is what I've learned the most from Sadhguru, my Karma means Life is My Making, not up to him to do it for me...

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

I am not a yoga teacher.

I know, just asking your opinion