Davino

Warning: Read this If you do Pranayama/Breathing Exercises

76 posts in this topic

This is a cautionary message after what happened in my pranayama session today.

There are some breathing techniques I find most optimal to do while lying down and others while sitting. Following this principle of efficiency, I did the breathing technique I find best lying on my bed and when finished went to a seated position and changed technique.

Today, when I was breathing while sitting, in the second round I fainted, crushing my head against the table. I started bleeding in my nose and lip, nothing grotesque but a pain in the ass.

So probably after today, I'll consider heavily to do all pranayama lying down for safety reasons. I invite you to reprioratize your practice following the principles of self-love and self-care.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Hmm, Didn't you hold you breath for too long? Maybe you pushed yourself beyond your current limit. Either way, that's nice to know. And I'll consider. Thanks for sharing:)

Posted (edited)

I once got so dizzy from doing Sadhguru's yoga that I fell backward and nearly cracked my head open.

Spirituality can kill ya in more ways than one if you get sloppy with it.

#SadhguruDeathYoga

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I once got so dizzy from doing Sadhguru's yoga that I fell backward and nearly cracked my head open.

#SadhguruDeathYoga

Your natural kundalini was already high before hand probably, the simple yoga he shares just below it up and that is good, if you left the body then in the end that is good on the karmic scale, no more cycle, no more rebirth and shit to go thru:)

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

I always sit on a zafu with my back towards sofa or at the edge of the sofa.

@Eskilon It was a chill session. I would say one out of fifty times there is a few seconds body reset. It's part of the process and good for your health, unless you crack your skull open, obviously.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

1000 Ways to Spirituality Die

I would rather die from your kangaroo awakening than with a mediocre pranayama ahaahhahah

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

#SadhguruDeathYoga

Same thing happened to me, also doing a Sadhguru breathing practice sitting on my bed. Next thing I know I wake up on my floor with my neck hurting as I had gone unconscious and fallen backwards onto it. Stay safe.

@Daniel123 when did this happen, you did shambhavi mahamudra?

Was it after breath of fire in the Bandha lock where you hold your breath as long as comfortable?

@Leo Gura Which practices did you do and did you change your naive perspective of viewing that community as a cult?

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Socrates said:

@Leo Gura Which practices did you do

I don't remember what it was called. His basic program.

and did you change your naive perspective of viewing that community as a cult?

It is not a cult in a technical sense. But his followers are brainless conformist sheeple. He doesn't teach them how to think, he teaches them how to be spiritual robots.

Edited by Leo Gura

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

It is not a cult in a technical sense. But his followers are brainless conformist sheeple. He doesn't teach them how to think, he teaches them how to be spiritual robots.

This is quite false... I posted interviews with people that has been involved with Isha and Sadhguru in close relationship for long periods of time, one from India that was with him before Isha was formed and while he went by the name Jaggi, the other an American who went for a path similar to Yours in ways, but found him and talks about his ups and down and what the relationship is about.. Your mistaken robots for Devotees, which basically means they are devoid of themselves, in the West ppl think this is dangerous and mindless but it is just a certain way to be, they are not Devotees necessarily to Sadhguru but to the mission and to empowerment to the whole world, they want everyone to experience what they are experiencing, and its totally volunteer based, ppl can come and go as they please, so Sadhguru does not create robots, he has many times said its not about him, its about the individual finding out who they are and being Responsible for it...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He is a genius. What else can you do with a group of blue people.

And also this mentality helps for yoga very well because you need not to think, just do the practice perfectly and the rest will happen on its own. Thinking about anything would even be hindering in terms of yoga practices.

But he also teaches a lot about living a good life and sometimes very advanced topics so there is way more

Edited by OBEler

Of course since millions of ppl have tried the practices, some will react this way, doesn't mean it does work or is dangerous, its more about the individual than the practice... Same could be said about psychedelics, just read today a trip report and how it negatively affected the person and that he will not be using it again!!!

Posted (edited)

Sitting with room around you is usually okay, though I've heard people who get into deep states say kneeling with elbows resting on the bed is a good way, leaning slightly forward. For most of us a pillow or cushion under the knees will probably be more comfortable.

Edited by BlueOak

34 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is both an assumption and a perspective that lacks nuance. Do you go to tennis lessons to learn basketball? You dont.

Can a stage-blue person have an enlightenment experience? He can.

If the "goal" is going beyond the physical (spirituality) and it doesn't depend on cognitive development, what can you criticize there? 

2 minutes ago, Socrates said:

If the "goal" is going beyond the physical (spirituality) and it doesn't depend on cognitive development, what can you criticize there? 

If you want to do brainless conformist spirituality, go ahead. But that is not what I do or teach.

Posted (edited)

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If you want to do brainless conformist spirituality, go ahead. But that is not what I do or teach.

Brainless/conformist spirituality = Spirituality that doesn’t lead us to discovering that we are GOD dreaming up the brainless/conformist spirituality we are engaged in … wow!

Edited by Terell Kirby

What's more Brainless, You all tell Me?

Understanding that Only I exist, everyone eles (Yes You reading this) are only a figment of my imagination

I am God

I can know everything in detail

But Health Problems exist in my life, and I can Suffer, and I am very cranky with anyone that doesn't understand me and I look down upon others!

I need Money and have to create content to support my Life, to pay bills and for my  home..

OR

You are Responsible for Your own Life, You own Experience

Life is Present only NOW

Accept all that is as it is, this allows You to be available to what is next, if your not available then Your a slave to the past...

Life is Potential and Possibility, which all of us are equally enabled.

Methods are Used to allow this Realization to Happen, Methods are shared to those that are interested in using them, if they don't work drop it and move on!

Volunteering is recommended as a certain type of Sadhana, its allows You to bring Devotional aspect of Spirituality into Your Life, You become SelfLess, working and being for something larger than Your own life...

Off shoot actions include Hospitals, Schools, Environment Awareness and Events to improve conditions for millions..

You are falling over because there is no integrity in your asanas. Do hatha yoga and lots of it. 

It doesn't matter how high you get unless it's some ridiculous kundalini or very high pyschedelic state, you should not be falling over. 

Don't put a Buggati engine in a Toyota. It'll cause damage.