What Am I

Leo and Actualized mentioned on Destiny's steam

30 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Destiny mainly seems to engage in political debates although I'd still like to see Leo talking to him, as he could be a route to talking to someone like Dr. K which I think could be a really interesting conversation although I may be getting ahead of myself.

Edited by Dan502

On 12/08/2024 at 7:25 AM, NoSelfSelf said:

I dont get why you speaking like he's some kind of demigod and his every move/thought matters.

He wasn't. 

Destiny is a pretty reasonable and grounded voice on the left that engages with all sorts of topics in relatively good faith, hence why his reaction could be considered interesting or noteworthy. Compare with voices like Vaush who are far more emotionally and ideologically far-gone and entrenched.

On 18/08/2024 at 4:20 PM, What Am I said:

I have my doubts that Destiny would interact with anybody who has the sincere belief that they and everything else are God in the literal sense. Or if he did, it'd be a horrible mock-fest and likely not productive in the way we'd hope. He's not open to anything being true which hasn't been verified by a majority of what he considers experts in any particular area of knowledge.

I get the impression that Destiny - while obviously not bias-free - is fundamentally willing to engage with everyone. 

On 12/08/2024 at 9:35 PM, JosephKnecht said:

This is pure comedy. 

In the blog, Leo appears to supplicate to Destiny for his progressive views on women. It is such an unmanly move. 

Then this Destiny guy only cares about his YouTube views and receiving praise. "I like this cult leader" - Destiny :D 

I guess going mainstream is not Leo's destiny. 

On 18/08/2024 at 2:57 PM, JosephKnecht said:

To use the language of Destiny, Leo was riding on his "dick" by praising him for his progressive view on women. This is not a very manly move. 

This was tongue in cheek by Destiny. His stream needs some level of surface entertainment afterall. Researching the view count was only a quick, surface level brief research to get context, and the dickrider jokes were just jokes. He would do a deeper dive if he were actually interested.

Posted (edited)

46 minutes ago, Display_Name said:

I get the impression that Destiny - while obviously not bias-free - is fundamentally willing to engage with everyone.

That is a good point, I've seen Destiny talk to a wide range of different types of people. Whether for reasons of increasing his revenue via better entertainment or a genuine interest in the topic (or both), he'll at least usually have the conversation.

But Leo and the concepts presented here are a step beyond what I've ever seen Destiny grapple with. The mystical experience is almost purely subjective, with currently little evidence of its existence outside of the individual who experiences it. I admit, it'd be interesting to see what Destiny thinks. Or perhaps they'd just discuss stuff like "What is a woman?" But that'd be quite lame in comparison imo.

Perhaps someone like Jordan Peterson would be a better choice, as he's shown a more sophisticated understanding of God, psychedelics, and the perennial philosophy. Destiny, despite being a logical virtuoso, may not have the tools needed for a productive conversation regarding mysticism.

Edited by What Am I

Posted (edited)

@Display_Name His reaction doesnt matter, he doesnt matter that was purely opinion based thing.What matters is the message not the messanger and since you hold him as your god, use his word seriously"stop the dickriding" , because you wont grow looking at what others are saying ,what do you have to say to yourself? That is what truly matters, all other things are just noises distractions.

Edited by NoSelfSelf

There is nothing safe with playing it safe.

2 minutes ago, Display_Name said:

Uhm ok, how is this guy a mod? @Leo Gura

Go to move when you got the taste of the realness, since you are so used to operate in this fake narrative that everything matters but you.

1 minute ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Go to move when you got the taste of the realness, since you are so used to operate in this fake narrative that everything matters but you.

??????

Mate nothing you say had anything to do with what I said or who I am I'm sorry you're just rambling away

@Display_Name You tagged me, so you not gonna push the convo in your direction since i started and stated mine, you are the one who is rambling since if you replying to me consider and take a moment to think what im saying.So you are replying with not knowing where im coming from.

@Display_Name Im perfectly fine im so fine that every day i see beauty of me more and more thanks to not caring about what other people talk on the internet 👍