jacknine119

Best way to escape from wage slaving!

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi guys. In my opinion for avoiding 9to5 job very good way is  playing poker. its so intelectual game and with it you are learning so much about emotions and generally about nature of human and also make good money. But one disadvantage of this career is that you dont help anyone with it. you are just building yourself. And guys i really love this game and what do you think how can i help the world with playing poker? Thank you!

Edited by jacknine119

How do you think you can help the world by playing poker?

Waking Call The Inspiration, Music and Perspective for an Authentic Life.

A lot of investors and start up founders like Sam Altman have said that learning poker helped with their business because there are a lot of overlaps in the field. Perhaps theres a way there https://www.forbes.com/sites/simonmoore/2020/02/28/how-poker-makes-you-a-better-investor/ 

Poker is a zero sum game, but there are a lot of valuable skills you can learn that may help in future endeavors. Dont get too carried away with it tho

If you are indeed being serious then there are probably two ways: 

• play poker for money 
  • teach poker for money

The later is probably more doable than the first as I assume the competition in high end league is quite savage but don't take that as a limiting belief. Maybe you could coach young people who are trying to become better and incorporate things like emotional mastery and mindfulness in the tutoring. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 that's nice tip. but for teaching others you need to first of all know player's path, right?

2 minutes ago, jacknine119 said:

that's nice tip. but for teaching others you need to first of all know player's path, right?

ofcourse, you need to understand the strategy, the deep mechanics of the game and all of that. But you don't need to be a top level pro to be able to tutor. It does help to have a lot of experience tho. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569 It will be real innovation in my country to make poker courses or something like this but if for example i make many young player motivated and follow the poker path is it helpful thing for the world from my side?

1 hour ago, jacknine119 said:

@Michael569 It will be real innovation in my country to make poker courses or something like this but if for example i make many young player motivated and follow the poker path is it helpful thing for the world from my side?

From my limited understanding, poker involves managing risk, reading people, taking chances, a good head for numbers and percentages, having a sharp memory, and at higher levels a detailed strategy. These things can help the population in life generally, but there are negatives: Addiction, financial problems, crime to pay bills/addictions, and the general social strain these things present in other areas, families, communities, etc. It can also support organized crime if people go too far into these traps, as they have to pay off people with significantly worse consequences.