Asia P

How to not become weed addict?

17 posts in this topic

I've probably taken weed less than 15 times in my entire life, but i really love the effect.

Is that easy to become addicted? Should i quit, if i feel that it makes me feel too much good? 

How do you know that ur not addicted? 

Yes, i know several persons very addict to it. 
Calling that a « light » drug is just a cope.

The devil is in the details.

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Asia P said:

If there are things you want to do or need to do but weed is regularly stopping you from doing them, then that is a warning sign.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

An hallmark of addiction is using on a regular basis. Now if a regular basis is once a year, well that is not much of an addiction. Daily cycles are typical addictive behaviors. The test is when you tell yourself to skip a cycle. When addicted is when we experience difficulty to do so, or we find it challenging, we may notice how we obsessively thinking about it, etc... In a way most habits carry patterns of addiction but not all habits are the same. Some are to a certain degree, necessary for our survival or for running our daily tasks more efficiently... But we are talking about habits that we don't want for diverse reasons.

Some individuals are more prone to addiction than others. It is natural and normal to have to deal with some addictive patterns and behaviors. One of the most addictive substance that mostly flies under the radar are carbohydrates. They trigger the same region of the brain linked to some well known addictive substances such as alcohol.

Anyway I don't think you are addicted to weed.

2 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

If there are things you want to do or need to do but weed is regularly stopping you from doing them, then that is a warning sign.

Exacly!

I would add something to this:

If you think you are already addicted to it, you can do the simple test.

Try spending 2 weeks without thinking about smoking it.

It worked for me.

9 hours ago, Asia P said:

Is that easy to become addicted? Should i quit, if i feel that it makes me feel too much good? 

Not if you have some self-awareness.

Most people who get addicted to weed have low self-awareness and are low in consciousness. 

I love weed, I consider it a mild psychedelic (could be heavy depending on the dose) but the weed community is honestly full of dumb losers (although could be cool people).

The people that don't like weed, dislike it because of those dumb losers.

For those who meditate, and practice yoga and other practices to raise consciousness, it can be awesome.

Of course, it can be very addicting but the more aware you are, the less addictive it is.

In my experience, it has that "anti-addicting" side that psychedelics have.

If I start to get addicted, I will have those insights on trips and the problem correct itself.

I am in the process of cultivating weed at home, which I never did, which means, I mostly smoked low-quality weed.

My main interest in planting it myself is to try the strongest and best strains available.

Almost all videos I watch on YouTube are from people who seem to smoke away too much and their brains get kind of slow, your classic stoner guy.

Not an inspiring presence but it is like psychedelics, it doesn't work on stupid people.

1 hour ago, Recursoinominado said:

If I start to get addicted, I will have those insights on trips and the problem correct itself.

Can I ask how often you smoke?

15 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Can I ask how often you smoke?

It varies a lot.

Sometimes, i won't smoke for weeks, sometimes, I smoke every day, although never like most stoners I know, I stick mostly to low doses.

I prefer microdoses, usually to workout, train jiu-jitsu, do some boring chores like clean the home or do some brainstorm (boost creativity).

Sometimes, I up the dose if I feel I need a mild trip to contemplate on something, get some insight.

Never smoked high-end weed (live in Brazil, its still illegal here, most weed are shit), from what I head, it is levels above the "normal" weed I usually smoke.

Also: I don't have craves, usually the problem corrects itself with me. 

That being said: i got addicted to weed a few years ago (BY MY STANDARDS because most stoners I know smoke way more than me in my worst).

For instance, I know several people who smoke daily, several full joints a day (fat ones). I never did that, 

In my worst times, I was smoking like 1/3 of a joint a day, every day. 

The first sign I was addicted was cravings, I was craving weed all day, every day.

Everything was a reason to smoke: sleep? smoke. eat? smoke. gonna have sex? smoke. go out? smoke. staying in? smoke. You get the point.

Tried to stop but couldn't. 

One day I caught myself stoned in a university class (was a law student). Couldn't understand anything nor was I having fun. That was the point I realized I was addicted. 

One day I decided to quit cold turkey and that took one year.

After that year, I smoked again but this time was way better, I was able to keep this habit relatively healthy to this day.

On 8/11/2024 at 2:49 PM, Asia P said:

I've probably taken weed less than 15 times in my entire life, but i really love the effect.

I also really like weed, but let me tell you. Once you start making it a habit it's difficult to stop. Of course you can do it if you're strong, but why create this problem?

I advice you to smoke it occasionally, make it special, like a ritual. When you do it with a specific rhythm (f.e. once a week/ twice a week/ once a day/ etc.) it's really easy to fall for it and start doing it too much. I guess that also depends on your personality, I believe some people can get addicted more easily than others. 

If you already feel that you are this kind of person then watch out 😇

Posted (edited)

Its very easy to be nothing therefore very easy to get addicted, you will be nothing if you get addicted to weed, if you can be happy with that then its good. The drug is very very good at doing shadow work you can heal yourself with less of a struggle than doing it naked but it will take longer. If you get addicted to weed your brain slows down so much that you can blink and 3 years are gone and you did nothing. You stop dreaming and the universe feels like its going into the quickening as everyday is the same completely blank. If you do it for a long time you will be so zen but you can also get lost in a deep pit of thought if not doing it consciously and go mildly insane.

Stop or dont stop dont let anyones comments make you feel like a loser for doing it as its the opposite of spirituality.

Pick one and dont let anyone tell you different.

Edited by Hojo

How to not become weed addict? -> Discipline

As someone who used to smoke a lot every day for a long time, I can say the single most important thing with cannabis is having discipline or else it will trick you into taking more and more and you don't want to be there. Find balance, something that fits good for you and stick with it.
Besides that It's a powerfull ally that can accompany you all along your spiritual path

2 hours ago, Bandman said:

you can use it to numb yourself and forget all your problems while still being "able" to work and maintain yourself at a basic survival level,

If your memories are represented as a visual field, weed is like looking through a keyhole. You can see something, but you see very little at a time. It's also a keyhole into a magical and illusive alternate reality, because you somehow see more of what you want to see and less of what you don't want to see (if only temporarily).

forcing yourself to take breaks.

Posted (edited)

Ask yourself what you actually desire when you desire weed. What are you actually trying to accomplish at the exact moment when you start craving: feel relaxed, feel more pleasure, be more mindful, be more conscious, have less thoughts (about something) etc.. 

You might be able to accomplish these goals even more without weed and by using other tools. 

Edited by Philipp

the best way to deal with addiction is not to get addicted in the first place

This is not a Signature    [TBA]