Gennadiy1981

Burning Man Festival

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I apologize ahead of time if this topic is in the wrong category but I just don’t know which category would it best be so I placed in politics. 

I was invited by a friend to attend the Burning man festival in few weeks but after doing some research I am not sure I am quite ready, at least for this year. For these who are not familiar below is a general video explaining what it is,

But then I stumbled upon another video from the comment section which took me there 

So apparently this festival and others in similar, this video comments is more of a pagan rituals done very similarly in the past. I did some basic search and interestingly there are many similarities found in ancient Mesopotamian and Assyrian pagan rituals. 

But then the video started to be a bit BSing. They claim that the idea of paganism and these festivals focusing on oneness with everything and that is against God. But isn’t at the most highest level of God realization everything is One? The second video has good points to think over regarding festivals who parallels the past with stage purple development looking from stage blue/orange perspective but ay the same time they criticize the idea of Oneness and focus more on separation. But at even higher stages it is the oneness which is in actuality. 

Also this event is in Black Rock Nevada, I wonder if @Leo Gura you are familiar or perhaps attended it since it’s not far from where you are. And also what I read and saw even more videos for which I won’t just spam paste here, people claim they experience a transformative life, and it does look like a utopian style, even from a different planet style. 

I am personally divided, on one hand looks very intriguing and liberating and trying something radically new, but on the other hand I feel a lot of cons as not to get into some sort of a cult. 

Anyone else have any say on it?

Posted (edited)

From what I understand, there is no singular spiritual goal of the event, so if there are pagan rituals, you can simply tell them to fuck off and take another hit of your preferred chemical. As far as I can tell, that's what it's all about. You might wind up getting a blowjob by 2 girls, one of them a midget, and you might find 3 guys watching it all go down. If you're afraid of things like that manifesting in reality, you probably shouldn't go 😂

Edited by Joshe

Posted (edited)

You are trying to attend Burning Man on week's notice? Lol

Dude, Burning Man requiring like a year of prep and planning. Please do your research. Burning Man is no joke.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Is an open orgy party to Silicon Valley Tycons. The money need to be drained somewhere.

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You are trying to attend Burning Man on week's notice? Lol

Dude, Burning Man requiring like a year of prep and planning. Please do your research. Burning Man is no joke.

Thanks, so I was invited last week and I thought it was just a music festival but then yesterday I started doing research and it turns out totally not what I thought. I am doing research and you are right it’s something I would need a year to prep. 

Have you personally attended or know someone close who did? Is this something you would recommend? It sounds like a utopian society, would you say it’s stage green type of thing?

2 minutes ago, Gennadiy1981 said:

Have you personally attended or know someone close who did? Is this something you would recommend? It sounds like a utopian society, would you say it’s stage green type of thing?

I have not attended but I would recommend it. It would grow you. 

Burning Man is peak Green on steroids.

10 hours ago, Joshe said:

From what I understand, there is no singular spiritual goal of the event, so if there are pagan rituals, you can simply tell them to fuck off and take another hit of your preferred chemical. As far as I can tell, that's what it's all about. You might wind up getting a blowjob by 2 girls, one of them a midget, and you might find 3 guys watching it all go down. If you're afraid of things like that manifesting in reality, you probably shouldn't go 😂

Hmmmm very interesting, I am quite domesticated person. @Rafael Thundercat mentioned orgy party but form what I understood and correct me if I am wrong, there are no showers there, porta parties on the open, and you say it’s sexy?????

I am watching more videos and it does seem like a spiritual event, of course you pop pills, dance with people, gather together. So Christian community who criticize they claim it’s pagan cause they go back to idea that everything is One, but isn’t at the level of awakening, we realize that everything is truly One, so if anything, these people are approaching God realization much more?

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I have not attended but I would recommend it. It would grow you. 

Burning Man is peak Green on steroids.

Thank you. Actually you are right, it seems like another up in stage where people are truly free and I foresee that these are the possible future way of society, like opening total freedom to oneself. I think I will skip this year but will be seriously considering for next year. I would have to do more homework. 

And why have you personally not attended, just to mention that it’s located in your home state and not that far from Las Vegas?

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Gennadiy1981 said:

And why have you personally not attended, just to mention that it’s located in your home state and not that far from Las Vegas?

Because I don't wanna spend a week walking around in an overcrowded sandy oven.

Edited by Leo Gura

I always thought it would be fun to be there during a sandstorm. Imagine all the titty and ass cheek you could grab and get away with by running into the abyss xD