BlessedLion

Wilber On Solipsism

105 posts in this topic

You sure love arguing with yourself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

You sure love arguing with yourself.

Because it's penetrating through slowly. 

You cannot love what you need.

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, BlessedLion said:

So... this implies that you are not actually having a conscious experience over there? There is no awareness behind the eyes of Leo that sees out of the eyes?

wilber big circle small circle.png

Wilber (small circle on the podium) is telling the other small circles in the audience how it's possible to experience yourself as the big circle and feeling alone in that because there is only one big circle. That doesn't mean the smaller circles are all empty. They are still within the same larger circle. In that sense, the larger circle is imagining them. The problem is that the smaller circles are largely separate, so it's hard to communicate between them, and certainly to communicate things about the bigger circle.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

11 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

wilber big circle small circle.png

Wilber (small circle on the podium) is telling the other small circles in the audience how it's possible to experience yourself as the big circle and feeling alone in that because there is only one big circle. That doesn't mean the smaller circles are all empty. They are still within the same larger circle. In that sense, the larger circle is imagining them. The problem is that the smaller circles are largely separate, so it's hard to communicate between them, and certainly to communicate things about the bigger circle.

That is NOT what Wilber said.

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That is NOT what Wilber said.

What did he say?

Let me also clarify that the larger circle is not spatially bound (it's infinite).

Edited by Carl-Richard

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

What did he say?

The video is there for you to replay.

He was prefectly clear. Just don't project your stuff onto what he says. Listen with a blank mind.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

43 minutes ago, Bandman said:

Did Jesus realize solipsism by dying on the cross for his own imaginary friends?

If solipsism is true there was no Jesus.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The video is there for you to replay.

He was prefectly clear. Just don't project your stuff onto what he says.

The journey of going from the "alone" to the "Alone" is to go from the small circle (which is hard to communicate between, hence a feeling of aloneness there) to the big circle (which is only One, hence an even more profound sense of aloneness).

Edited by Carl-Richard

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Here's how solpsism really works:

If you are not intelligent enough to figure out what solipsism means all on your own, you shouldn't be taught about solpsism because you are not intelligent enough to realize it, integrate it, nor appreciate.

This is so true. I had my first insight into solipsism in first grade afternoon when I was 6 years old. It was so much in my face that I knew that it could not be wrong, but I was still conflicted on it. 

Now it is all clear.  

@Carl-Richard He wasn't talking about a big circle. He was talking about Ken Wilber's circle.

3 minutes ago, Bandman said:

I hope solipsism is true. Its the only chance at salvation for absolutely everything and everyone.

Did Jesus realize solipsism by dying on the cross for his own imaginary friends?

I don't know why I always get sucked into these convo's, but when I see stupid stuff like this I just can't sit quietly by lol...

General definition of Solipsism is only You exist, so your whole sentence here makes no sense, if solipsism is true what everything and everyone are you talking about??? This is just stupidity on a high scale..

You have a Body and Mind, that is much more capable than Your normally using it, which is mostly for survival, but in higher up stages You can experience everything as You, but You misinterpret this as "Only I exist", the communication of it is wrong in that manner, You can experience everything as You, but you are not the only thing in existence...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Just now, Leo Gura said:

@Carl-Richard He wasn't talking about a big circle. He was talking about Ken Wilber's circle.

Is Ken Wilber's circle spatially bound?

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

Is Ken Wilber's circle spatially bound?

You drew a circle from some 3rd person disembodied perspective, like a drone camera shot. That is not solipsism.

Just now, Leo Gura said:

You drew a circle from some 3rd person disembodied perspective, like a drone camera shot. That is not solipsism.

Did Wilber mention anything about this alone self that was spatially bound?

12 minutes ago, Ishanga said:

You have a Body and Mind, that is much more capable than Your normally using it, which is mostly for survival, but in higher up stages You can experience everything as You, but You misinterpret this as "Only I exist", the communication of it is wrong in that manner, You can experience everything as You, but you are not the only thing in existence...

Where's the heart placed in all of this? 

My name is Reena Gerlach and I'm a woman of few words. 

Posted (edited)

If solipsism was real, love would be impossible. 

Love means you see yourself (conciousness) in others. 

Therein is the proof that what is in you is also in others. 

Edited by Salvijus

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He was prefectly clear.

Yup.

"The Absolute Side of the street is happening moment to moment out of this Unborn I-am-ness all of this  is issuing forth moment to moment. And you are IT. 

There is not another Soul any place in the entire universe. You are IT. All I am is a figment in your dream and you you've orchestrated all of this, and as you sit with that one self extraordinary aloneness can set in".

And: There is not another single alien in the entire Multiverse. ^_^ And yet the alien appears xD. Jesus never was. And yet "he" appeared. To whom? It's all you  us me Me. Uhum. Its all your true face before your parents were born. 

Who is dying in Ukraine? Who is winning Olympic Gold?

And who is "everyone" in between? Believing to be anything separate and the "world" out there. What a mindf***of ignorance marvelous illusionary dream-play of mistaken identity.

Who is reading all of this again?

SWbtR swimming all alone in the River mumbling to himself like an idiot while marveling at all the waves and wishing a nice sunday to ... whom? ( :

3 minutes ago, Buck Edwards said:

Where's the heart placed in all of this? 

I would say the heart represents Emotion, the ability to Feel and Experience that is not Intellectual/Mind based on Survival and Calculation, sorry if I am misplaced about this in regards to what You mean by "Heart", but that is how I interpret it...

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Not only other people have conciousness. But animals, plant kingdom, mineral kingdom, atoms have consciousness and sentience. 

Solipsism is scary only for the Avatar not the player.