AION

How to do deal with religious people as pan theist?

5 posts in this topic

I believe in god but not necessarily in Christian god but Christian are very nagging about it. I have a Christian gf and this is a huge stumbling block. I tell her I respect her religion and I even go to ceremonies with her because I love her but she is hell bend on converting me. I talk to religious people and they are so confused when I say I see some truth in every religion. Should I just stop talking to these people?

Christian’s are to brainwashed for being open minded, please stop talk to these people. I have tried and it didn't work, they will just tell you that you need Jesus, you have been deceived by satan and a bunch of other rubbish, don't waste your time with idiots even though it's sad that you can't change them for the better

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐞𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞.
𝐈𝐭’𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡, 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲, 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐭𝐞. 𝐢𝐭’𝐬 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

Posted (edited)

You say you see the truth in her religion: 

What is it that you don't see and disagree with her about? What is it that makes her think you need to be converted?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Whatever God you are worshipping is the Christian God so unless its super tedious just going to churches can probably help you a bit. I don't know about converting tho that sounds like peer pressure.

Posted (edited)

Recognize and acknowledge that everyone, including you, is operating in the domain of belief, whether religious, scientific, philosophic or cosmological; the truth of the matter remains unknown. Getting this in your experience takes work and can be deepened.

Edited by UnbornTao