Leo Gura

Suggest Conversation Persons For Leo

299 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

48 minutes ago, Space said:

He is, but there is definitely a side to him that is very sceptical. I don't think I've ever seen someone successfully penetrate that scepticism.

That makes it all the more interesting.

However skeptical Destiny is, I promise that I am more skeptical than him.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Fine with me.

But I will still point out that James Lindsay and Stefan Molyneux are both insane lunatics.

Molyneux got banned a few years back because of spreading hate speech.

and Lindsay recently tried to smear Kamala Harris as a 'Satanist'.

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

@Leo Gura Fine with me.

But I will still point out that James Lindsay and Stefan Molyneux are both insane lunatics.

Molyneux got banned a few years back because of spreading hate speech.

and Lindsay recently tried to smear Kamala Harris as a 'Satanist'.

What does "pals" mean?

What I see from Boghossian is him doing serious epistemic questioning.

I don't really know who his "pals" are.

Molyneux was banned for talking about race IQ. As a libertarian his worldview is silly, but his videos were nothing bad when I watched them on YT. I consider Ben Shapiro's network worse.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Space said:

He is, but there is definitely a side to him that is very sceptical. I don't think I've ever seen someone successfully penetrate that scepticism.

He's hard-stuck in scientific atheism. I've seen him discuss this many many times. It's interesting to watch because I think his psychedelic experiences have gone against his scientific materialism but he can't let it go. 

But you're definitely right in that he's yearning for some more intelligent, deeper conversations. 

I'd love to see someone help him unpack his psychedelic experiences more deeply.

A decent response from Destiny, for sure! 

You’d be surprised though. He’s talked about the limits of scientism before. Also he said in his 10g mushroom trip, he thought he was the only being in existence, and realised that if that were true he’d rather just live in ignorance because of how scary that is

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, gambler said:

I just looked him up and found out he was the guy who published a hoax article in a peer-reviewed journal ‘The conceptual penis as a social construct’. This is something to look forward to. 

He is a strong critic of post-modernism, so that "hoax" was his attempt to show the low standards of post-modern journals. Not that I endorse such things, but it's not like Boghossian faked a serious research paper.

Edited by Leo Gura

@Leo Gura Well, for one thing, I don't mean to accuse Peter Boghossian as far-right.

I just mean they've collaborated in various projects.

He mainly collaborates with Stefan Molyneux when it comes to the whole New Atheism business or thing.

As for James Lindsay, all I know is that one time with the "Grievance Studies" where they deliberately try to discredit their academic/political opponents by getting them to publish some bullshit papers they made (or at least papers they intended to be bullshit).

2 minutes ago, Extreme Z7 said:

He mainly collaborates with Stefan Molyneux when it comes to the whole New Atheism business or thing.

I actually wanna talk to some atheists.

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He is a strong critic of post-modernism, so that "hoax" was his attempt to show that low standards of post-modern journals.

For sure. I remember him for that when it was talked about on Twitter but I didn’t know his name. 

Edited by gambler

Posted (edited)

57 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Alex O'Connor, Matt Dillahunty, Destiny, Thunderf00t, Aaron RA, Professor Dave, Sam Harris.

Edited by Applegarden8

1 hour ago, Joel3102 said:

You’d be surprised though. He’s talked about the limits of scientism before. Also he said in his 10g mushroom trip, he thought he was the only being in existence, and realised that if that were true he’d rather just live in ignorance because of how scary that is

Don't disagree with that. I guess I'd make a distinction between 'scientism' and 'scientific materialism'.

And yes, regarding his denial of solipsism, that's exactly the kind of thing I'm talking about. There's a few other insights he's kind of brushed under the rug because it doesn't fit into his current worldview. It's not simply because it's a scary realisation. I'm not criticising Destiny but there's definitely a sense he's holding onto his materialist worldview and doesn't really want to let it go. It's a hard one to let go of in all fairness.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Posted (edited)

Obviously Destiny has to hold strong mental attachments to do the job he does.

If he realized Awakening he would have to quit his job. Who is Destiny debating?! Himself! He has to deny that.

Edited by Leo Gura

On 11/8/2024 at 3:58 AM, Cubbage said:

I'd love to have you on my podcast Leo, my audience would be overjoyed to hear your insights regarding psychedelics, consciousness and all that metaphysical jazz. Let me know mate.

Yes!!! I enjoy your content, it's simple, direct, informative and entertaining regarding psychedelic use. You have an important niche role for the psychonaut community and is no surprise you are here in the forum.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

That would be interesting. Still looking forward to the Atheism video.

God-Realize, this is First Business. Know that unless I live properly, this is not possible.

There is this body, I should know the requirements of my body. This is first duty. We have obligations towards others, loved ones, family, society, etc. Without material wealth we cannot do these things, for that a professional duty.

There is Mind; mind is tricky. Its higher nature should be nurtured, then Mind becomes mature and Conscious. When all Duties are continuously fulfilled, then life becomes steady. In this steady life God is available; via 5-MeO-DMT, ... Living in Self-Love, Realizing I am Infinity & I am God

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Peter Boghossian has agreed to a convo with me. But it might take months to set up.

But I'm excited to talk to him. He's got a great mind.

Hurray! Congratulations, let's see how it unfolds. It's gonna be nuts.

Genuinely excited for this!

xD

Edited by Davino

35 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Obviously Destiny has to hold strong mental attachments to do the job he does.

If he realized Awakening he would have to quit his job. Who is Destiny debating?! Himself! He has to deny that.

@Leo Gura you mentioned on your blog you have a video on how to distinguish low and high cognitive development, when can we look forward to it?

15 minutes ago, Greatnestwithin said:

@Leo Gura you mentioned on your blog you have a video on how to distinguish low and high cognitive development, when can we look forward to it?

I'm about to record it.

Third eye drops on YouTube. It is my favorite Jungian channel. The owner regularly interviews people. 

29 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I'm about to record it.

Get to work ;)

Leo what is your intention for having all these conversations? Is there some shift you are trying to make in how you publically communicate?