Leo Gura

Suggest Conversation Persons For Leo

296 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have become interested in having more public conversations with public intellectual types.

If you know of good candidates for me to speak to, post your suggestions below. These should be people with significant YT channels or podcasts.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

As an example, I'm trying to arrange a conversation with Peter Boghossian:

If you know of other people along these lines, let me know.

1 minute ago, bazera said:

Lex Fridman

He has never responded to me in years.

Aside from all the usuals. That will mostly agree with what you are saying.

ZDoggMD

Tom Bilyeu (You already mentioned)

Did JP write you back yet?

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

Just now, Husseinisdoingfine said:

I suspect not. People like JP, Fridman & Rogan get in touch with you to speak and not the other way around.

Posted (edited)

Mark Manson.By the way @Leo Gura I have a question that were you teaching us Acceptance and commitment therapy which is accepting the negative thoughts , emotions during the time of suffering as you spoke in your videos to feeling fully when suffering? I find this therapy effective after years of trying CBT with somewhat success rate. Will there be a new video this Sunday ?

Edited by Rishabh R

Posted (edited)

6 minutes ago, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Nope.

He's pretty busy so will take a good while.

Edited by Leo Gura

Would be interesting if you could talk to a priest. Not a really conservative though, one of those more open-minded.

Posted (edited)

Alex O'Connor or Jordan Peterson. While I don’t find them to be particularly interesting, they do cover many of the same topics as you and, importantly, use a scientific and analytic philosophy language that would suit you well.

Discussing politics with people who are far more knowledgeable about the subject won’t be productive - they'll just shut you down with obscure references and factoids.

Also, I would strongly advice against engaging with Europeans or thinkers rooted in continental philosophy, as it's clear you’re not familiar with that tradition.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

1 hour ago, Rishabh R said:

Mark Manson.By the way @Leo Gura I have a question that were you teaching us Acceptance and commitment therapy which is accepting the negative thoughts , emotions during the time of suffering as you spoke in your videos to feeling fully when suffering? I find this therapy effective after years of trying CBT with somewhat success rate. Will there be a new video this Sunday ?

Mark Manson would be a cool guess for more practical, down to earth self help. I wonder how he would handle a god talk lol. He mentioned using psychedelics in his youth but he tends to belittle them. That’d be interesting.

Sailing on the ceiling 

Theories of Everything with Curt Jaimungal

100% he will want to talk to you and even be open minded to listen and contemplate everything you have to say

“The decisive question for man is: Is he related to something infinite or not? That is the telling question of his life. Only if we know that the thing which truly matters is the infinite can we avoid fixing our interests upon futilities, and upon all kinds of goals which are not of real importance. Thus we demand that the world grant us recognition for qualities which we regard as personal possessions: our talent or our beauty. The more a man lays stress on false possessions, and the less sensitivity he has for what is essential, the less satisfying is his life. He feels limited because he has limited aims, and the result is envy and jealousy. If we understand and feel that here in this life we already have a link with the infinite, desires and attitudes change.” - Carl Jung

29 minutes ago, Nilsi said:

Alex O'Connor or Jordan Peterson. While I don’t find them to be particularly interesting, they do cover many of the same topics as you and, importantly, use a scientific and analytic philosophy language that would suit you well.

Discussing politics with people who are far more knowledgeable about the subject won’t be productive - they'll just shut you down with obscure references and factoids.

Also, I would strongly advice against engaging with Europeans or thinkers rooted in continental philosophy, as it's clear you’re not familiar with that tradition.

I think the biggest sticking point is having some presentable content to make a case for yourself as a serious conversation partner.

Most people probably won’t engage with you just because they don’t know who you are or what you’re about. I doubt Peterson is going to sit through one of your 3-hour rants to figure out if it’s worth scheduling a talk with you.

There’s also virtually zero social proof, since you’ve very successfully shielded yourself from interacting and collaborating with other creators and public intellectuals during your career.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

Posted (edited)

Daniel Schmactenberger would be dope. Hes aware of actualized and i think it would be a pretty interesting convo.

Mark manson would also be cool. Hes familiar with spiral dynamics and ken wilber along with broader psychology and personal development 

12 minutes ago, Arnold666 said:

Theories of Everything with Curt Jaimungal

Theres already 13+ hours of them talking. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YspFR9JAq3w&t=

Edited by Phil King

2 minutes ago, Phil King said:

Daniel Schmactenberger would be dope. Hes aware of actualized and i think it would be a pretty interesting convo.

Source?

It depends on what you want to talk about and to what kind of person. Politics, self help, business/entrepreneurship, atheism/god...