you too

Subcutaneous ROA Information

4 posts in this topic

I’m interested in information on the SC (subcutaneous) ROA (route of administration) for psychedelic compounds. Namely, 5-MeO-DMT and DPT. Following the advice of @What Am I and @bambi as well as my own research, I have a decent understanding of sanitary preparation methods, risks involved as well as injection technique.

I’m reaching out here to see if anyone has two cents to add on a couple main questions I have as I’d like to broaden my scope of research. I’ll list them below:

1) How does one determine the eligibility of a chemical for this ROA? If fat-solubility is key, how does one determine the fat-solubility of a chemical? Is this something that can be determined from chemical datasheets alone?

2) If a chemical is well tolerated via IM (intramuscular injection), is it assumed to also be so for SC?

If answering, please provide sources so I may pursue them in my research.

For @bambi and @What Am I directly, could you two please provide information sources that lead you to using SC over other ROAs? Given the stigma associated with needles, I am sure there must have been a good amount of research pooled before jumping in.

Thank you all! If this post breaks any rules, admins, please let me know so I can correct it.

Posted (edited)

You're correct that there was hefty research a number of years ago before actually attempting the injection. But at this point, I couldn't direct you to any specific resources. It was many little bits here and there that amounted to a whole, and a clear understanding that subcutaneous injection of most (if not all) psychedelics would have effects comparable to intramuscular injection.

So to give practical answers to your questions:

1) How does one determine the eligibility of a chemical for this ROA? If fat-solubility is key, how does one determine the fat-solubility of a chemical? Is this something that can be determined from chemical datasheets alone?
If there's large numbers of reports and data surrounding a psychedelic's positive eligibility for IM injection, you can safely assume it'll absorb properly and comparably via SC injection. No need to bring in additional considerations such as fat solubility.

2) If a chemical is well tolerated via IM (intramuscular injection), is it assumed to also be so for SC?
Yes

Sorry for the lack of sources, but I figured I'd answer anyway. I realize this doesn't put you much further along than you were before asking. If you'd like to make yourself more comfortable before giving it a try, you'll probably have to scour the internet for specific explanations.

52 minutes ago, you too said:

For @bambi and @What Am I directly, could you two please provide information sources that lead you to using SC over other ROAs? Given the stigma associated with needles, I am sure there must have been a good amount of research pooled before jumping in.

Personally, I choose SC over other ROAs due to the sheer ease, precision, and effectiveness. It has all the obvious advantages of injection, and it has an edge over IM by being a bit less invasive. If you look through my post history regarding the subject, I'm sure I spelled it out pretty thoroughly.

Please feel free to ask any other questions.

Edited by What Am I

Posted (edited)

Thank you for the speedy response. It was indeed scouring through your (and bambi’s) post history that I became curious about this ROA. It is seldom talked about despite seeming to be fantastic in terms of dose measurement, repeatability and relative safety and simplicity. Hence my quest to learn more.

I will wait for others to chime in, as hopefully someone can guide me to a greater understanding. I would love to understand the mechanisms for determining positive eligibility for SC injections. I take your word that it is a safe assumption that IM and SC are more-or-less interchangeable as ROAs, but I would love to know why. These things are fascinating!

Many thanks again for your response! If I find considerable reputable sources, I will post them to this thread for others on a similar path of understanding.

Edited by you too

Posted (edited)

@you too Sounds awesome, thanks. Hopefully we can turn this thread into a useful resource for anyone who comes across it with the same goal. It may be tough though, because I haven't noticed anyone else who frequently posts here and also uses injection as an ROA, much less SC injection.

It's interesting how rare the use of SC for psychedelics actually is. You can find info about IM for various drugs basically everywhere, but it's not common knowledge that SC is practically interchangeable.

Edited by What Am I