Hardkill

How is the world still better than it has ever been before?

33 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

How can Leo still say that the world is still more peaceful and civilized than ever before?

Weren't 80s, 90s, early 2000s, and even the 2010s periods of greater of greater peace and civility than what we have had going on in the world since 2020?

I fear that 5 to 20 years every remaining democracy around the world, including the US, could all be replaced by dictatorships, and WWIII will occur.

Things all around the world keep getting worse and worse and worse.

Edited by Hardkill

I tend to lean on the side of things are getting worse, just looking at the city where I live (Toronto) and the shit that is just going on here, things are getting worse, too many ppl, not enough places to live, crime is going up and getting more violent and severe, its too expensive here, and just the stupid shit ppl keep on doing in everyday activities that makes it that much harder to do anything worth while, and that's just here...

I can't believe it when ppl like Jordan Peterson say we need more ppl on the planet, he's nuts to think that being the way ppl are today, if they were more conscious then yes for sure, but not the way ppl are, their addicted to everything in their lives, phones, social media, hype, looking for life outside of themselves in a million ways, things are getting worse and that will continue until some sort of Catastrophy happens!

Karma Means "Life is my Making", I am 100% responsible for my Inner Experience. -Sadhguru..."I don''t want Your Dreams to come True, I want something to come true for You beyond anything You could dream of!!" - Sadhguru

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Hardkill said:

I fear that 5 to 20 years every remaining democracy around the world, including the US, could all be replaced by dictatorships

Even Northern Europe?

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Posted (edited)

Crime rates are way down.

Pollution and smog is way down.

Technology is amazing and cheap.

All the world's knowledge is available to you basically for free via AI.

Cars are safer than ever.

Racism, sexism, homophobia, and transphobia are way down.

Psychedelics are much more acceptable and accessible and better-understood.

The 3rd world is doing MUCH better, like China, India, Africa, South America, even Russia.

And don't forget the most important one:

Actualized.org exists xD

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Posted (edited)

44 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Where I'm at there are plenty of psychedelics stores downtown. They've been around for some time now. And it's not just my city, it's also the same for a lot of the major cities here. 

Edited by gambler

Posted (edited)

53 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

The 3rd world is doing MUCH better, like China, India, Africa, South America, even Russia.

Actualized.org exists xD

A lot of that is true, but all of that could be taken away or reverse if we have WWIII/nuclear war, Trump becomes president again and MAGA comes back with a vengeance, more democracies around the word fall, the divisions and fighting in many parts of the world keep getting worse and worse, and if the economic inequality in America and around the world keeps getting worse and worse.

It’s no wonder most people around the world don’t feel optimistic about the future like they used to.

Edited by Hardkill

52 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

This is accurate ? we are 8 billion now with alot of cars and factories and a lot of things 

Posted (edited)

38 minutes ago, royce said:

This is accurate ? we are 8 billion now with alot of cars and factories and a lot of things 

Cars are WAY cleaner than the 80s. The smog clouds around LA are much less.

Also, the ozone hole is doing better.

We have made much progress.

Edited by Leo Gura

Posted (edited)

@Hardkill Look man, it's all a function of what you let your mind focus on.

If you wanna focus on the negative you can find endless shit to complain and cry about. But that way of seeing the world is a distortion and an illusion.

You are letting your mind use you.

Just a week ago you were doom and glooming us over Biden stepping down. Now Kamala is leading. Relax and trust the process a bit. Good stuff is always afoot.

Edited by Leo Gura

1 hour ago, Hardkill said:

A lot of that is true, but all of that could be taken away or reverse if we have WWIII/nuclear war, Trump becomes president again and MAGA comes back with a vengeance, more democracies around the word fall, the divisions and fighting in many parts of the world keep getting worse and worse, and if the economic inequality in America and around the world keeps getting worse and worse.

It’s no wonder most people around the world don’t feel optimistic about the future like they used to.

"What if" has nothing to do with the state of the world. 

A potential threat does not make a situation is catastrophic. There was not a moment in the past centuries that a potential catastrophe was not floating and intoxicating human paranoia.

What you imagine catastrophic about the future will never happen. Even if Trump was elected - although he will not - the consequences will not resemble what you imagine now.

There is so much more to say about this... :-)

1 hour ago, Hardkill said:

People have been preaching Armageddon since humans built civilizations. This is nothing new. 

Society and humanity is much wiser and stronger than we give credit for. Yes, there is tons of dumb shit going on, but that's just monkeys bein' monkeys. 

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Hardkill said:

How can Leo still say that the world is still more peaceful and civilized than ever before?

Weren't 80s, 90s, early 2000s, and even the 2010s periods of greater of greater peace and civility than what we have had going on in the world since 2020?

I fear that 5 to 20 years every remaining democracy around the world, including the US, could all be replaced by dictatorships, and WWIII will occur.

Things all around the world keep getting worse and worse and worse.

@Hardkill 80s = Cold war, and AIDs epidemics, apartheid south africa, northern ireland

90s = Rwandan genocide, LA riots, Bosnian genocide, Oklahoma city bombing

Early 2000s = 9/11, War on terror

Late 2000s = Crippling global economic crisis

2010s = Mass shootings, Rise of isis, arab spring

I think things are no less stable now. I mean you have the israel-palestine situation turned up in severity, people's purchasing power is limited, and divisive politics. But I don't think its that bad compared to previous eras. I mean our present issues pale in comparison to the events i mentioned above in the 2000s,  and the cold war. 

Edited by Ulax

Be-Do-Have

There is no failure, only feedback

Do what works

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

If you wanna focus on the negative you can find endless shit to complain and cry about. But that way of seeing the world is a distortion and an illusion.

Just a week ago you were doom and glooming us over Biden stepping down. Now Kamala is leading. Relax and trust the process a bit. Good stuff is always afoot.

❤️

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Please message more of this mindset. Such high frequency and better than emitting fear which is exactly what his post is about. Thank you. As I read his post, your words are what I was thinking but wouldn't, say as I know it wouldn't have been received well coming from me. 

Know thyself....

@Ulax Not to mention:

1900: Bloody civil war in russia, facists start a world war killing millions, america nukes japan, 2 World wars in total

1800: French guy tries to take over a whole continent, Usa has a civil war, large famines in many countries

---

1300: A literal 100 years war!

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Ulax said:

@Hardkill 80s = Cold war, and AIDs epidemics, apartheid south africa, northern ireland

90s = Rwandan genocide, LA riots, Bosnian genocide, Oklahoma city bombing

Early 2000s = 9/11, War on terror

Late 2000s = Crippling global economic crisis

2010s = Mass shootings, Rise of isis, arab spring

I think things are no less stable now. I mean you have the israel-palestine situation turned up in severity, people's purchasing power is limited, and divisive politics. But I don't think its that bad compared to previous eras. I mean our present issues pale in comparison to the events i mentioned above in the 2000s,  and the cold war. 

this is nothing , Genghis Khans  armies military campaigns sometimes involved eliminating an entire civilian population. As many as 40 million people were killed under his rule.

Edited by royce

Posted (edited)

To be fair, OP was talking about today vs past decades.

Edited by gambler

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Actualized.org exists xD

"Pollution and smog is way down." There's been a lot of new lately about microplastics and PFAS and they are found all over the planet and human body with negative effects. Daniel Schmachtenberger talked about in latest episode with Nate Hagens about how with current technology all of human gdp wouldn't bee sufficient to clean up PFAS from environment. On the other hand, this has probably been the case for several decades but we are just about to acknowledge that and this probably creates momentum to create new solutions to these problems. Also, new solutions to tackle the problem are on there way like microbial and uv assisted break down of these chemicals. But also human psychology needs to change to include safety first principle instead of new market opportunity first with new chemicals.

Edited by Delis

51 minutes ago, Delis said:

"Pollution and smog is way down." There's been a lot of new lately about microplastics and PFAS and they are found all over the planet and human body with negative effects. Daniel Schmachtenberger talked about in latest episode with Nate Hagens about how with current technology all of human gdp wouldn't bee sufficient to clean up PFAS from environment. On the other hand, this has probably been the case for several decades but we are just about to acknowledge that and this probably creates momentum to create new solutions to these problems. Also, new solutions to tackle the problem are on there way like microbial and uv assisted break down of these chemicals. But also human psychology needs to change to include safety first principle instead of new market opportunity first with new chemicals.

Yes, of course.

There are definitely some downsides and negatives. Progress is never 100% upside.