Huegeleisen

Is it still recommended to read one book a week from the booklist?

19 posts in this topic

I watched the sale video for the booklist recently in which Leo suggested to do a challenge of reading one book per week from the booklist. 

Is the suggestion still up-to-date? Or is it too much theory?

17 minutes ago, Huegeleisen said:

I watched the sale video for the booklist recently in which Leo suggested to do a challenge of reading one book per week from the booklist. 

It's going to depend on how much time you have to budget towards this work and how much of a beginner you are.

The more time you have and the more you are just starting out, the more I would read. You need a basic foundation of what this work entails and all the concepts.

I was reading one or even two books a week at a certain point. Some of them are easy reads.

Posted (edited)

@Huegeleisen It's about expanding your perspective and books specifically let you unwind in silent imagination and train your inner visualization. Overall, t's a dynamic balance between that and taking action/living life, It's actually about practise rather than theory, but then theory exists to supercharge the practical and in the non-dual, distinctions collapse. Yet books aren't the only medium: art, music, films, videos, discussions, events, depending on their quality of course, all communicate stories and experiences in unique intricate ways.

I recommend adding the book "Blue Lock" to the booklist, it's a pround character piece, which studies the nature of human ego explored through the sports genre, rivalry and continuous self-transcendence!

Edited by Keryo Koffa

Iridescent       💥        Living Rent-Free in        🥳 Liminal 😁 Psychic 🥰 
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤      Synergy     Your Fractal 💗 Heart     Hyper-Space !  𓂙 𓃦 𓂀

Posted (edited)

I don't think there would be much integration and real learning with such a dogmatic grind set. 

I would rather dedicate myself to read x hours a day, ensuring consistency and avoiding burnout.

Edited by Snader

6 hours ago, Snader said:

I would rather dedicate myself to read x hours a day, ensuring consistency and avoiding burnout.

Yes and you can also re-read the best ones to maximize your learning. I did this when I couldn't afford new books. 

I read about half of Leo’s top recommended book Mastery by George Leonard. It’s basically about how to never give up on your goal.

I don’t think it’s on the list but I also read most of Campbell’s Hero with a Thousand Faces and comprehended maybe 25 percent of it.

I must have a curse that doesn’t allow me to finish books. And a book per week is way beyond my reading level. I might be able to do 1 every 1-2 months if I’m determined as hell 

Posted (edited)

On 8/6/2024 at 10:18 AM, Snader said:

5e1eca6e1e6f3_WhatsAppImage2020-01-15at0 Dogmatic grind sets are detrimental, dedicate yourself and ensure consistency instead.

diwlh0lroasa1.thumb.png.0e062dd15ffbd86a Yes, you can also re-read the best ones to maximize your learning.

E3654885-6731-43D6-8C0E-E134B5DCF955.thu Never give up on your goal. I must have a curse that doesn’t allow me to finish books.

Dedicated self-enforced (ensured) consistency, re-reading, maximizing, and being determined not to cut your losses....

I don't know but It all sounds pretty "grindy" to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Keryo Koffa

23 minutes ago, Keryo Koffa said:

Dedicated self-enforced (ensured) consistency, re-reading, maximizing, and being determined not to cut your losses....

I don't know but It all sounds pretty "grindy" to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Who are we to blame if someone specifically wants to grind?

Sometimes learning requires a bit of grind and there are smart and stupid ways to do that.

@Snader True and agree. It's just that you had both grind and anti-grind in the same sentence, so it seemed contradictory

5 hours ago, Keryo Koffa said:

@Snader True and agree. It's just that you had both grind and anti-grind in the same sentence, so it seemed contradictory

yup, you can grind without making it grindy

Posted (edited)

@Snader wu wei!

Edited by Keryo Koffa

On 8/6/2024 at 0:41 AM, Keryo Koffa said:

@Huegeleisen It's about expanding your perspective and books specifically let you unwind in silent imagination and train your inner visualization. Overall, t's a dynamic balance between that and taking action/living life, It's actually about practise rather than theory, but then theory exists to supercharge the practical and in the non-dual, distinctions collapse. Yet books aren't the only medium: art, music, films, videos, discussions, events, depending on their quality of course, all communicate stories and experiences in unique intricate ways.

I recommend adding the book "Blue Lock" to the booklist, it's a pround character piece, which studies the nature of human ego explored through the sports genre, rivalry and continuous self-transcendence!

I've been trying to find entertaining books to read at night to replace scrolling online. But I wanted something with a spiritual component, this sounds cool

Lions Heart is my YouTube Channel- Syncing Masculinity and Consciousness

Lions Heart YouTube

On 8/5/2024 at 6:13 PM, Huegeleisen said:

Better to read slow and deeply understand the material. If it takes you a year to read Religion Of Tomorrow, but you understand and integrate, it's more powerful than quickly flying through 50 books

Lions Heart YouTube

How many books in a year is a good amount for me? 

I have 60 5-star books left on Leo's book list. My goal is to finish 60 within 5 years. That means by August 9th, 2029, this is exactly 1 book per month. 

That's totally doable for me. 

Find a realistic goal and start working towards it. 

If you want to go for one a week, hell yeah do it! 

Take much longer

But here's a tip: listen to self help books as audiobooks, because they are extremely repetitive and not worth reading physically in my opinion.

Spend the actual reading time on the harder ones.

I believe in the religion of Love
Whatever direction its caravans may take,
For love is my religion and my faith.

I personally don't find reading books attractive like at all and I am fine. You can get away with video or audio content as well. You can also get away with very limited information, good and simple method you are practicing regularly, so it's entirely up to you wether you read any book at all. When you might need theory from any kind of medium is when you hit a hard plateau or can't identify what problem you have or when you are searching for a solution for a very specific problem. Soon most of you will just ask your questions of any kind to an AI chat bot and it will distill all the knowledge you need, so you might not need to read books. But, you will still need to practice things that make you grounded. Reading gives you that experience by entertaining some idea for long enough you become attracted to it.

20 hours ago, Ayham said:

Take much longer

But here's a tip: listen to self help books as audiobooks, because they are extremely repetitive and not worth reading physically in my opinion.

Totally agree with this. 

I recently learned the value of putting books that are informative, like 7 habits of effective people, semen retention, even gut health brain health books, and some auto biographies on AUDIO

and leaving the deep, complex, stuff like Wilber, Ralston and others for the physical books and reading. So key.

Lions Heart YouTube

20 hours ago, Ayham said:

Take much longer

Self-help books are gay. Just watch sumaries of them on YT, you will get 80% of the value in 10 min summary video.

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"